PDA

View Full Version : Tips for studying?

Mikey
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I kinda have problems with studying, like I do some for like five minutes then I get really bored and do something else. I have to memorise like all of these quotes for a english exam I have tomorrow and I can't remember them at all ;l

I've tried the flashcards and post-it notes ideas but it just doesn't work for me :'( This is my mock exams by the wayz.

Nemo
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Turn off the internet

Chris
06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Isolate your self and do some past paper questions. The internet, phones, etc are far too distracting so turn them off!

buttons
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
eh for memorizing quotes the best way for me is to go through them & re-write them a few times, then try to write as many as i can without looking. i normally write them in the same order as it's easier to memorize. just put your computer on to sleep, phone on silent, turn off the tv and any music. you only need like 30 minutes or so anyway. it's better than just looking at it for hours, you'll forget that way. then give yourself time to do what you want then go back to revising for half an hour. idk just find what's best for u

cocaine
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
over and over

or stick both headphones in and set your itunes to shuffle and just.. work. i'm doing that right now (minus posting in this thread) and i've been doing fine.

matt$
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Cool kids don't revise, they just whip out the A's.

Samantha.
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I keep re-writing it and reading it back. Another way is to summarise a topic on a A3 sheet of paper, so you're shortening everything down and then when you've down the posters, read them out loud and then cover it up and reread it again but from memory and keep going back to it. Pin the posters up on your wall as well, my psychology teacher told me if you see something and read it everyday it goes it!

Hope this helped, good luck!

chantellehugs
06-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I agree with this, my teacher said you know you've learnt something when you're sick of going over it in class. In one of my classes the teacher will teach the same topic for about 3 lessons, and by the end of the day half of us are groaning because we've gone over it so many times.

write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
write them down
over and over

or stick both headphones in and set your itunes to shuffle and just.. work. i'm doing that right now (minus posting in this thread) and i've been doing fine.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!