PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

Conservative,
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
My friend passed away a good 5 years ago now. But he had a runescape account and I recently got in contact with his family and they said that he said he wanted me to have his runescape account and all his stuff on it. I don't know how or why they remembered but they said that's what he wanted when I talked to them (the other day).

He was fairly rich (a few bill, quite high levels etc.) but he never told them the password, I assume he was too ill by the time he realized to think about it.

I know his user, but I don't know the email he used or anything. I'm just wondering if there was a way I could contact Jagex and try to get his account back?

Stephen
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes just email jagex and tell them that your friend who passed away gave you his rs account in his will. Send them the death certificate etc too and proof that he owned the account I'm sure they will let you have it.

Conservative,
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes just email jagex and tell them that your friend who passed away gave you his rs account in his will. Send them the death certificate etc too and proof that he owned the account I'm sure they will let you have it.

It wasn't in his will because he didn't have one. I can ask for a copy of the death certificate but I don't know how to prove it was his?

Aidenn
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Fact is;

Now it's no longer his account, its Jagex's.
same for everyones account, even though you play on it, its still property of jagex;

3. Isn’t it up to me what I do with my items & account? No, the terms and conditions state that your RuneScape character, account and items are, and remain, the property of Jagex.
http://www.runescape.com/rules/rule_real_world_trading.ws

Therefore i seriously doubt it, sorry.

Mikey
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
It wasn't in his will because he didn't have one. I can ask for a copy of the death certificate but I don't know how to prove it was his?

He's taking the piss

Conservative,
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
He's taking the piss

Not really very funny then?

Rashelly
Did they even use emails 5 years ago?

Conservative,
Did they even use emails 5 years ago?

Yes...

Mikey
Not really very funny then?

Nope, not really.

Rashelly
06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes...

Jagex I mean. I don't remember ever having to register an email address to get an account back then.

I don't understand, your friend died and seemingly told their parents they wanted you to have their account... But didn't tell them the password...

Stephen
06-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Maybe he just had a great sense of humour and now he's sitting in heaven laughing his arse off at robbie

Jake
06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
No they didnt use email about 5 years ago, and i highly doubt that "rs" was the top conversation of your friends parents who died 5 years ago?

Get real your pretty much asking

"i know someones username if i contact jagex will they give me the acc?"

Mikey
06-02-2011, 06:14 PM
No they didnt use email about 5 years ago, and i highly doubt that "rs" was the top conversation of your friends parents who died 5 years ago?

Get real your pretty much asking

"i know someones username if i contact jagex will they give me the acc?"

I actually completely agree, your friends parents wouldn't just randomly say to you - "Oh by the way he wanted you to have his runescape".

Conservative,
06-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I actually completely agree, your friends parents wouldn't just randomly say to you - "Oh by the way he wanted you to have his runescape".

We just got onto the subject because they said how did I stay in contact with him, I said runescape, then they said it...

Stephen
06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah I don't think there is anyway you're gonna be able to get it tbh and the chances are jagex would most likely lol and think that's an awful excuse to hack someones account or something cos they don't know you do they

http://grab.by/8NXh

Jake
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOL

ok that has made my day

Yeah I don't think there is anyway you're gonna be able to get it tbh and the chances are jagex would most likely lol and think that's an awful excuse to hack someones account or something cos they don't know you do they

http://grab.by/8NXh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!