PDA

View Full Version : LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY - FRIDAY

Judas
07-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Lady Gaga's new single BORN THIS WAY is going to premier THIS FRIDAY on 96.1 Kiss, and they will play the single on every hour of the day. She will then perform it live for the very first time at the Grammy Awards on Sunday.

Check this review of the song by www.popjustice.com:

Well to start off, we haven't been entirely honest with you, readers. We haven't been honest at all. A couple of weeks ago we tweeted this series of bon mots in the direction of Lady Gaga.

The thing is, we weren't actually listening to 'Born This Way'. We don't have a copy of the song. What really happened is, that evening (UK time) Lady Gaga decided Popjustice should be one of a handful of sites to 'leak' lyrics from the single. So it was us, Billboard, Rolling Stone and US gossip blogger Perez Hilton. Not bad company to be in we suppose. It was suggested to us that we tweet 'I'm listening to Born This Way' because it would be a massive LOL in light of the fact that we tend to tweet 'I'm listening to Bad Romance' quite a lot. Hilarious.

This said, we weren't completely lying, because we could sort of hear 'Born This Way' in our head. In fact it had been in our head since last May, when we were drunk and a lady first played us the song. At that point it was in demo form so the lady we were with had to rap the rap bit, there and then, over the backing track.

We'll explain what happened that night in more detail at some other time but the point is that to have heard 'Born This Way' in May might seem like quite a big treat, but to be quite honest it has been a complete nightmare. Obviously if someone says to you "would you like to hear the next single" (even if at that point the next single was strictly 'Alejandro' but you know what we mean) you are hardly going to say "no I will leave it thanks very much" but the intervening months have been like torture. Imagine hearing an amazing song once, then not being able to hear it again. IMAGINE. The melody of this song has been haunting us for EIGHT MONTHS. We have been humming it on the bus. Imagining the video. We have literally had dreams about this song.

So hearing the song again for a second time, just before Christmas, was a relief. Not just because we were slightly less drunk on this occasion, but because the relative clarity allowed us to acknowledge the fact that, yes, 'Born This Way' really is just as special as our memory had led us to believe. It was handy also to be able to confirm that yes, the song did in fact exist and no, we hadn't just somehow made the whole thing up.

So what's it like?

Well it's sort of amazing.

Actually it's not sort of amazing, it just is amazing. And yes we would say that because we do genuinely think Lady Gaga is the best thing to happen to pop in at least 18 years. But we are also saying it because the song is amazing, and if that's not complete objectivity we don't know what is. (Well it's not that for a start - Objectivity Ed)

You want to know what it sounds like, obviously. Well, it is very straightforward song and the production matches that - compared with the all-guns-blazing sound of something like 'Bad Romance' or 'Dance In The Dark' 'Born This Way' offers a relatively sparse, crisp, glacial sound. Also, and this will undoubtedly prompt an amusing rage from Madonna fans incapable of comprehending a world in which more than one female singer can be popular, so brace yourself: 'Born This Way' sounds a bit like a modern nod to 'Vogue' and 'Express Yourself', with a bit of 'Deeper & Deeper' thrown in for good measure. The production is far from boring (it sounds great and nothing like what Gaga's done before) but if you're expecting some sort of death metal/Belgian techno crossover hit you may wish to adjust your expectations ahead of Friday's first play. It's a fresh sound, but in the mentalness stakes it's not the sort of song you would fire across a field at a cow if you wanted to make it do an involuntary poo. We are sure the rest of the album will offer plenty of sonic ridiculousness but 'Born This Way' is all about giving the song itself room to breathe.

As for the song, you know the lyrics already, because Gaga posted them in full that night we did those lyric tweets. Reading the lyrics in isolation it might seem like a song with all the subtlety of George Michael collecting his holiday snaps but hearing the words in the context of the song itself the whole thing struck us as far less heavy handed, and as not so much a gay anthem as an equality song. It's a song about gays being alright, but it's also a song about straights being alright, and everyone else being alright too. It's a freedom anthem, and you can't go wrong with a bit of that. Having said this, 'Born This Way' will obviously be portrayed by many as a gay record. Is that a brave move?

Well in one sense, while hardly commercial suicide, that sort of song will simply not sell as well as a song about, say, going clubbing or whatever. So it's brave in a way, but it's hardly true that there's nothing to gain from all this. The Gays have not exactly sat on the fence vis a vis the whole 'is Lady Gaga any good?' debate, so she's unlikely to win a large number of new fans, but in terms of strengthening 'brand Gaga' the idea of jeopardising sales in order to celebrate who you are will probably do her more good in the longterm. So if you were feeling uncharitable you might say that it's a very elaborate and calculated positioning exercise, but it really doesn't feel like it when you're listening to the song. It just makes you feel very alright about whatever you happen to be. And, again, you can't go wrong with a bit of that.

Some people have asked us on Twitter how 'Born This Way' compares to other songs. Is it better than 'Bad Romance', a few people have wondered. In a battle between 'Born This Way' and the Britney single 'Hold It Against Me', others have asked, which song would win? Well to the first question it's too early to say (we'll hold our hands up here and say that the first couple of times we heard 'Bad Romance' we thought it sounded too much like 'Poker Face' - amazing) and to the second question we love 'Hold It Against Me' in some ways and we love 'Born This Way' in various other ways, but we prefer 'Born This Way'. Come back to us in a few weeks once we've got used to both songs and ask us again, if you like.

What role will 'Born This Way' play in Lady Gaga's ever-expanding discography? While her fan interaction is (for better or worse) already legendary, Gaga has always done a good job of seeming to exist, creatively, in something of a bubble. What's interesting about 'Born This Way', however, is that it feels a bit like a response to two main criticisms people throw at Lady Gaga.

Criticism 1: "You rip off Madonna all the time but don't credit her."
'Born This Way' answer: "Well how do you like this then, I've made a song that sounds like some of her big hits (but also like its own song), because OBVIOUSLY I know who Madonna is, it's not as if I am somehow expecting you all to imagine that I have never heard of this 'Madonna' singer, it's bloody Madonna after all isn't it."

Criticism 2: "You bang on about your bloody 'Monsters' all the time and you're always going on about the gays this, the gays that, but then we listen to your music and it's just stuff about going clubbing with a few abstract references to things being a bit weird sometimes."
'Born This Way' answer: "Here's a song that is specifically and explicitly about that sort of stuff, so piss off."

It feels like 'Born This Way' is a bit of a turning point for Lady Gaga - on both those counts it's the moment where she's putting her money where her mouth is. It is certainly a big test, because the absurd level of hysteria building towards Friday's premiere (and Sunday's first performance) is putting a huge amount of pressure on the song itself. It's almost an unfair amount of pressure, really. Can anything live up to this hype? Mind you, when you think about how much we and so many other people harp on about her being pop's Second Coming, it's only fair that expectations are high. Fortunately the song is, as we have already stated, amazing.

So what happens next? Well, you'll hear the song on Friday, then you'll see it performed at the Grammys on Sunday. What we think will happen in the short term is that 'Born This Way' will make a massive short-term impact post-Grammys but will not instantly provide Gaga with the same sort of huge leap forward she experienced with 'Bad Romance'. That job may well be done by the album's second single, which will then lead into the album release. And then, over the next year or so, in the context of the rest of the album and with added familiarity, 'Born This Way' will seem like less of an 'ooh look at me sorting out equality for a generation' statement song and will instead just start to seem like a completely normal pop song. Which, 'message-wise', we suppose is sort of the whole point - you get in people's faces so you don't need to get in people's faces any more. Perhaps the moment when 'Born This Way' clicks as a completely normal pop song is the moment when 'Born This Way' has changed pop.

Or perhaps not. Perhaps we've drifted off on a wild tangent. Perhaps the whole song is awful - we've only heard it twice and we were really, really drunk on both occasions. But we are pretty sure that 'Born This Way' is a solid gold pop corker and we are going to stand by that claim until further notice.

The End.

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/#ixzz1DIm8zMat

Here are the official lyrics to the song:

INTRO:
It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up
'cause you were Born This Way, Baby

VERSE:
MY MAMA TOLD ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG
WE ARE ALL BORN SUPERSTARS

SHE ROLLED MY HAIR AND PUT MY LIPSTICK ON
IN THE GLASS OF HER BOUDOIR

"THERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH LOVIN WHO YOU ARE"
SHE SAID, "'CAUSE HE MADE YOU PERFECT, BABE"

"SO HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL AND YOU'LL GO FAR,
LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SAY"

CHORUS:
I'M BEAUTIFUL IN MY WAY
'CAUSE GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES
I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK BABY
I WAS BORN THIS WAY

DON'T HIDE YOURSELF IN REGRET
JUST LOVE YOURSELF AND YOU'RE SET
I WAS BORN THIS WAY

POST-CHORUS:
OOO THERE AIN'T NO OTHER WAY
BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY
BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY
OOO THERE AIN'T NO OTHER WAY
BABY I WAS BORN-
I WAS BORN THIS WAY

DON'T BE A DRAG -JUST BE A QUEEN
DON'T BE!

VERSE:
GIVE YOURSELF PRUDENCE
AND LOVE YOUR FRIENDS
SUBWAY KID, REJOICE YOUR TRUTH

IN THE RELIGION OF THE INSECURE
I MUST BE MYSELF, RESPECT MY YOUTH

A DIFFERENT LOVER IS NOT A SIN
BELIEVE CAPITAL H-I-M (HEY HEY HEY)
I LOVE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS RECORD AND
MI AMORE VOLE FE YAH (LOVE NEEDS FAITH)

REPEAT CHORUS + POST-CHORUS

BRIDGE:

DON'T BE A DRAG, JUST BE A QUEEN
WHETHER YOU'RE BROKE OR EVERGREEN
YOU'RE BLACK, WHITE, BEIGE, CHOLA DESCENT
YOU'RE LEBANESE, YOU'RE ORIENT
WHETHER LIFE'S DISABILITIES
LEFT YOU OUTCAST, BULLIED, OR TEASED
REJOICE AND LOVE YOURSELF TODAY
'CAUSE BABY YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY

NO MATTER GAY, STRAIGHT, OR BI,
LESBIAN, TRANSGENDERED LIFE
I WAS BORN TO SURVIVE
NO MATTER BLACK, WHITE OR BEIGE
CHOLA OR ORIENT MADE
I WAS BORN TO BE BRAVE

REPEAT CHORUS

OUTRO/REFRAIN:

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I can't wait.

Splintus
07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm a great fan of Lady GaGa and thanks for this information because I didn't realise there was going to be a premier for the song on a local FM station. I went to the Monster Ball last year which was a fantastic night and I really enjoyed myself. The songs of her last album were truly amazing so for me, expectations are running extremly high. I'm sure GaGa will pull it off as she is a great songwriter with the lyrics for Born This Way not actually looking that bad. :)

Judas
07-02-2011, 07:41 PM
i think it means the kiss fm that is based in los angeles :P but you can listen online anyway :)

Slowpoke
07-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I doubt she'll ever make a song better than 'Poker Face' :P Looking forward to it though

Jordan
07-02-2011, 09:36 PM
LADY GAGAGA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))))

wiktoria
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM
ahhhhhhhh I love Gaga. Can't wait ;)

Rixion
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Let's hope it's a step back from Alejandro in creepiness, looking forwards to it :)

benjamin
07-02-2011, 10:22 PM
not a huge fan of gaga, she's alright but... meh.

looking forward to her releasing 'no way', though. now that is a good song.

Judas
07-02-2011, 11:34 PM
not a huge fan of gaga, she's alright but... meh.

looking forward to her releasing 'no way', though. now that is a good song.

don't hold your breath :P that was recorded during the fame monster sessions. they might give it to another singer though. but i agree it is good :)

sammy
08-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Very excited! Obviously it's going to top the charts no matter what but it sounds like it's going to be amazing :D

Judas
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Official single cover!!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/238137613.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297196364&Signature=Si7D4dMM69aaDJeiHVkpWrbUErM%3D

Thomas
09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
woo i love gaga i have been waiting for this for a week or 2 now :D

Judas
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
a week or two!? i've been waiting five months now :( :P

samhy
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Love Gaga. She is so cool and fairly original in some aspects obviously, it's definitely a chart topper!

Judas
09-02-2011, 07:09 PM
screen shots APPARENTLY leaked from the video, but i'm not 100% sure if this is right or not yet, it looks like the viva glam shoot kinda.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4070/36179400.png

ALSO
Radio releases have been revealed by Interscope!

4:01AM EASTERN TIME. (NEW YORK CITY TIME)
3AM CENTRAL/MEXICO/GUATEMALA.
1AM PACIFIC TIME.
9AM UK.
10AM FRANCE/NORWAY.
6AM GMT-2.
7AM GMT-3.
11AM EGYPT.
5PM PHILIPPINES.
8PM AUSTRALIA (EST.)
10PM NEW ZEALAND.

Note this is the time the song will be sent out to the radio stations on Friday, NOT the time they will be played. But most of them will apparently play it soon after they receive.

And I'm at school, typically :(

Ashley
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm not too keen on the lyrics, but the video should be good and the album should be even better.

Judas
09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm not too keen on the lyrics, but the video should be good and the album should be even better.

some of them sounded a bit odd to me but i think i think it will all come together when we hear the song :)

Thomas
09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
a week or two!? i've been waiting five months now :( :P
well i had no ida gaga was bringing out a new song untill a few weeks ago when my sister told me lol.

but ever since then i've been counting down the days :D
and damn 9am just as school starts... guess i'll have to look it up when i get to school :)

Judas
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
it's been a painful wait lol but i'm sure it will be worth it :)

Judas
10-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Here is a list of songs officially confirmed to be on the album:

Born This Way
You and I
Scheiße
Edge of Glory
Judas
Bad Kids
Hair
Americano
Government Hooker

There will appazzz be 17 songs on the album but this isn't confirmed yet. The second single is 'Judas'. she knows how to build up excitement ;l

karter
10-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I doubt she'll ever make a song better than 'Poker Face' :P Looking forward to it though

I Personally think that Just Dance was better than Poker Face.

Judas
10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
born this way is out tomorrow! i'm so excited :D who will be buying on itunes?

Slowpoke
10-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm probably going to listen to it and decide if I like it before I buy it :P

'Boys Boys Boys' was just on Skins :D

Mikey
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I'll listen to radio1 all day tomorrow. Hopefully it will be as catchy as her other songs ;D

Slowpoke
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
It's had good reviews. Most call it a "whole new sound" for her which is promising. Also, her next single is called "Judas" according to Vogue :O

Thomas
11-02-2011, 07:41 AM
i hope its good well its coming out later today soo can't wait to hear it.

Alkaz
11-02-2011, 10:17 AM
http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-11-lady-gaga-born-this-way-single-premiere-debut

It sounds really good, not sure if it was better than what I expected yet.

myke
11-02-2011, 10:27 AM
it's hmmm, different. :P

not what i was expecting!

dirrty
11-02-2011, 10:28 AM
i was expecting some next-level ****, but that just sounds so basic and generic.

Slowpoke
11-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm very disappointed, it sounds like some random Fame throwaway...

Thomas
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM
wow i hate it.... that was a huge anti climax to 1 month.

Alkaz
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
It's not that bad. I can really imagine Girls Aloud singing this though, sounds like something which should have been on their 'Out of Control' album.

Judas
11-02-2011, 03:45 PM
it doesn't sound like anything from the fame OR the fame monster i don't know what you're talking about it just sounds like madonna circa-80s espesh express yourself

i love it. it isn't what i expected but i absolutely friggin love it

Con
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
isn't what I was expecting either, but I love it lol

Splintus
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
http://tunespill.com/1329/lady-gaga-born-this-way

I think this song is really good! Many people are the song is really cheesy but in my opinion it's just really showy. I can just imagine her performing it on her next arena tour and the staging being really showy and her in a big original costume. Love this! :D

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Merged into other thread retaining to this song.

dirrty
11-02-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=686914

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks.

Judas
11-02-2011, 04:25 PM
it sounds a lot like express yourself but its not exactly the worst song to sound like lol, i don't really care. roll on may !

Special
11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
it's good but there is already a thread on this & you spelt her name wrong too

Jordan
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
LOVING IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Misawa
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Beyond awful.

Judas
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Beyond awful.

expand? :)

Jake
11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
It is absolute junk tbh and its freaking everywhere ;l

Judas
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Born This Way has just broken the record for the fastest song ever to reach the top of US iTunes Chart in just 3 hours!

Also sailing to the top of the UK iTunes Chart as well.

=Lizzy
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
wow. in my opinion i thought it would be better. It has been building up for ages and for me it was a let down.
Not her style at all. However, it's something new and maybe soon my opinion or it could change :)

Judas
11-02-2011, 05:41 PM
#1 in Canada and USA, #3 in UK, and it's growing on me every time I listen to it :) Though I really want the album to be even better lol

ifuseekamy
11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Isn't she a bit irrelevant now? We get it, it's okay to be fat, geeky and/or gay. Pink, Katy Perry and Glee have even made it clear to those incapable of understanding figurative language.

sammy
11-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I was actually disappointed when I heard the single. It's alright, of course it's going to be a massive hit but it just sounds like a mega Madonna rip-off. The chorus and the song in general sounds like Express Yourself and the speaking bit reminds me of Vogue. It's not really original at all, the message is sweet and all but it's taking a while to grow on me. I much prefer her music from The Fame days :(.

benjamin
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
meh it's okay. nothing to get excited about.

Judas
11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Isn't she a bit irrelevant now? We get it, it's okay to be fat, geeky and/or gay. Pink, Katy Perry and Glee have even made it clear to those incapable of understanding figurative language.

she's irrelevant? considering she's on top of 19 out of 23 itunes charts worldwide, i think she is pretty relevant. she's the biggest pop singer in the world right now.

looking at your username i'm not at all surprised by your post lol

Faboosh
11-02-2011, 09:25 PM
To be honest it was not at all what I was expecting, I thought it was gonna be a ballad from the way she sung the chorus at the VMAs/The Monster Ball. Nevertheless, it's amazing lyrically and very very catchy. Definitely a hit!

wiktoria
11-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree with Hooker. I thought it was gonna be a ballad. It's still great and catchy! :)

Judas
11-02-2011, 09:29 PM
To be honest it was not at all what I was expecting, I thought it was gonna be a ballad from the way she sung the chorus at the VMAs/The Monster Ball. Nevertheless, it's amazing lyrically and very very catchy. Definitely a hit!

yh so did i she kind of tricked us lols

Jessicrawrr
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
hm.
I can't sum it up.
sort of sounds like something you'd hear at a haven mini disco..
different, not sure if I like it or not.

Technologic
11-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Veeerrrrrrrrrrrrrry average imo

HotelUser
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
This actually counts as music? Really?

Judas
11-02-2011, 10:37 PM
This actually counts as music? Really?

And why on earth wouldn't it?

HotelUser
11-02-2011, 10:37 PM
And why on earth wouldn't it?

That was my polite way of saying it is simply not for me.

Judas
11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
right..

ROT
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
its absolutely crapppppppppp

Judas
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/erfaana3/WORLDWIDE.jpg?t=1297510822

FlyingJesus
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
It's only #1 because of all the hype and the fact that it's OMGASONGABOUTHOWBEINGGAYISALRIGHT as though no-one had ever done that before. The song itself is piss-poor and I'm a pretty big fan of Gaga's stuff generally, but this just sounds like a crap Eurovision tune. Nothing to it lyrically or musically

Judas
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
however it isn't only aimed at gays. even if it was, so what if it's been done before? no one said it hadn't been.

Rixion
12-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Not a fan. :(
I want her to go back to her original roots..

FlyingJesus
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think anyone could really claim that the song itself is actually good enough to be #1 across the world, so it's obviously the concept that people are into

buttons
12-02-2011, 01:47 PM
sounds like when love takes over at the beginning
amazing lyrically? REALLY?
and why does she sound like xtina
original my ass

Judas
12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
sounds like when love takes over at the beginning
amazing lyrically? REALLY?
and why does she sound like xtina
original my ass

who said original ?

Con
12-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh ok it got #1 worldwide in 5 hours?
http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-11-born-this-way-number-one-in-20-countries-on-itunes-lady-gaga
woo

Judas
12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh ok it got #1 worldwide in 5 hours?
http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-11-born-this-way-number-one-in-20-countries-on-itunes-lady-gaga
woo

thats old, its actually no. 1 in all 23 countries with itunes now

Sarah
12-02-2011, 02:09 PM
With the hype and everything I suppose I was just expecting.. more. It's alright but Im not a huge fan.

Judas
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
With the hype and everything I suppose I was just expecting.. more. It's alright but Im not a huge fan.

i was expecting more too, but i think the amount of hype it received was pretty unfair to be honest, it was never going to live up to all of that.

PriceTags
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
It's not her best, but the way she's so blatant about the message is good and makes Ke$ha and Katy Perry's efforts look a bit half-hearted. It's uplifting and I desperately want to dance when I hear it. Personally I don't understand all the Eurovision comments it's been getting and even if people feel that way, why they're saying it as if it's a bad thing.

I knew it wouldn't be a ballad, because RedOne, Elton John and God knows who else mentioned the "sledgehammering dance beats" and called it an "I Will Survive killer" and PopJustice said it was a song to dance in a club to. I was still confused about how the bit she sung at the VMAs would fit in and I was still confused when she sung it again with a bit more rhythm at a Monster Ball in Paris. I'm really pleased with it though - I didn't get the sense of "oh was that it" that I was expecting.

Judas
13-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Chipmunk, who has been in the lead of the UK charts all week with his single 'Champion' just posted this on twitter:

"#2 with 91,000 sold in a week... It could be worse! #Munks I love you all!!! #Champion... #Transition April 25th!!! RT"

Then he deleted it... this means that either Jessie J is number one (which is unlikely as she was quite far behind him all week) or Gaga has snatched the number one with only about a day and a half of sales (which is also unlikely)! (The cut off point for the official chart is midnight on Sunday). Chipmunk has now deleted that tweet, maybe he wasn't supposed to tell everyone... so, who's got the number one!?

Con
13-02-2011, 03:08 PM
This was the chart on wednesday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles Chipmunk was number one, so unless Jessie J has sold loads more which I doubt, then I think it could ba GaGa?

Judas
13-02-2011, 03:13 PM
that's what i was thinking, but if it is gaga she could have sold more than 100k in less than two days :O that is insane

for those that don't really follow chart stuff, selling 100k in one week is a great achievement for any artist, but in two days? madness. i just hope she did it!

Con
13-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I read something somewhere where she smashed iTunes records in like an hour, but that could of been to do with reaching #1 worldwide lol.
Wouldn't surprise me too much if she did achieve #1 already lol!

edit oh I meant records

Judas
13-02-2011, 03:19 PM
well she was the first artist ever to be on top of every single itunes chart worldwide at the same time, all in less than a day!

PriceTags
13-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Everyone on Gaga Daily Boards are saying Jessie J's got it. But it'd be nice if Gaga did get number 1 this week.

Judas
13-02-2011, 04:24 PM
well no one knows yet, i'm listening to the chart show for the first time in ages to find out lmao

edit: theres a lot of evidence to suggest that she is number three, which is an amazing achievement still

Muct
13-02-2011, 05:41 PM
When I first heard it I thought she was going for the 'Then You'd Love Me' style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0wn97qkaA

Judas
13-02-2011, 06:25 PM
i really dont like that song lol

Judas
13-02-2011, 07:08 PM
born this way officially debuts on the uk charts at #3!

FlyingJesus
13-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I thought it was supposed to be #1 everywhere

Judas
13-02-2011, 07:18 PM
on itunes yes, it is. considering it was released on friday most people are surprised it charted in the top ten let alone top three.

JACKTARD
13-02-2011, 07:25 PM
The song's alright, and for anyone else it would be a good one but for her I was expecting something better, no doubt it'll reach number 1 nearly everywhere though

Con
14-02-2011, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erU2F2Ltk98

Not sure if this is exactly what I hoped it would be :( Was expecting bigger for GaGa, especially for this song, ah well!
Then again, it was still good and shows that she doesn't need all the theatrics and props to put on a good show :)

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread merged into other thread retaining to this song.

Judas
14-02-2011, 11:22 AM
What I loved about the grammy performance is how she toned down all the theatrics and focused on the singing and dancing, and she really surprised with that I think her dancing was spot on and how she managed to maintain such good vocals while dancing so well at the same time was incredible. It was simple yet it worked, and I loved it

Slowpoke
14-02-2011, 01:04 PM
It's ok. It's my least favourite single from her, expected much more. I remember seeing GaGa quoted as saying it's the "anthem of a generation" - it certainly is not

Rixion
14-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Ahhh why did she have to get the subdermal implants, they don't look cool whatsoever! :(

Con
14-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Ahhh why did she have to get the subdermal implants, they don't look cool whatsoever! :(

i knowww I hope she gets rid of them D: They look kinda..cool for abit but I don't think they're something she should keep :(

Judas
14-02-2011, 04:41 PM
i like the idea of them but they better not stay there :P

Ashley
14-02-2011, 08:03 PM

You know it's only photoshop, right?

Con
14-02-2011, 10:28 PM
You know it's only photoshop, right?

Except it's not :P They're real implants. If you look at her grammy performance and photos that people like Perez Hilton took, it's not fake :P

Judas
14-02-2011, 10:36 PM
how would you photoshop a live performance...

FlyingJesus
14-02-2011, 10:56 PM
It could quite easily be a cosmetic job rather than actual subderms, especially considering the huge horns on her shoulders lol. It's easy enough to do with various putties and a makeup artist good enough to conceal the joins, hell even when I was like 8 when I was a Red Cross member we used to have this fake flesh stuff that you'd make like fake injuries on your arms and stuff and they looked real enough even just done by ourselves with some special glue

Judas
14-02-2011, 11:04 PM
i seeee well what ever they are i hope she doesn't keep using them

Frodo13.
14-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Born This Way is up there with Poker Face and Bad Romance in my opinion. On first listen I will admit, whilst I still loved it I didn't think it was her greatest. It's definatly a grower, give it 3/4 plays and you won't be able to get it out your head.

Con
14-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Just found this on a forum:
http://the-fame.org/albums/appearances/2011/Feb%2013%20-%20The%20Grammys%20-%20Audience/015.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/53rd+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Roaming+Inside+xxfoHgI6m hdl.jpg
Looks like the shoulder inplant things are make up, can't tell with the face because I'm not good at noticing? :L
think the face is actually make up too I hopeee

FlyingJesus
14-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Yayyyyyyy I'm right as usual, you now all owe me a tenner

Judas
15-02-2011, 12:56 AM
i want to be a 10 year old pop singer and will smith's daughter sitting on lady gagas lap at the grammys :(

Judas
15-02-2011, 04:34 PM
she kind of explained the whole face/shoulder bump thing at jay leno last night. well i think she did anyway

she said the concept of the grammy performance was her birth into a new race (the egg thing) that have no prejudice etc which i guess is what all of that stuff is about

also apparently she stayed in that egg for three whole days all the time before the grammy performance

JACKTARD
15-02-2011, 05:03 PM
she kind of explained the whole face/shoulder bump thing at jay leno last night. well i think she did anyway

she said the concept of the grammy performance was her birth into a new race (the egg thing) that have no prejudice etc which i guess is what all of that stuff is about

also apparently she stayed in that egg for three whole days all the time before the grammy performance

Surely she would have been rehearsing for the Grammy performance rather than chilling in a giant egg for 3 days?

Judas
15-02-2011, 06:40 PM
yeah thats what i thought lol and to go wee wees but i can believe that she spent a fair amount of time in it

Con
15-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah she spent ages in it that egg:

This is Nicola, Haus of Gaga: Gaga is in incubation. Tonight's performance is in collaboration with Hussein Chalayan and House of Mugler. X
Sunday at 20:57
So that was like 4 hours before the Grammys started, so I guess she was in the egg the whole time probably haha
I know that she could have got out before and after the red carpet walk and then got back in just for her performance, but it wouldn't surprise me if she just stayed in the egg for hours

j/s 20:57 GMT

Slowpoke
15-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Look at Willow just chilling on her knee, lucky girl

Brit's tonight!!!

Judas
15-02-2011, 07:20 PM
apparently there is a surprise guest performer at the brits, i'd love it to be gaga but i doubt it. she would have had to fly here straight from doing the jay leno show last night, somehow rehearse with jet lag etc and then fly back tomorrow to do good morning america (tv show)... she needs to do some kind of promo to maintain the number one

THEN AGAIN
it could always be some kind of live feed like they used to do on top of the pops sometimes lolol

FlyingJesus
15-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Hope it's Jedward

Judas
15-02-2011, 07:48 PM
i'd die

Con
15-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope it's GaGa!! Wish she was there performing lmao

just thought though, if they haven't said yet, It's probably Jessie J?

Slowpoke
15-02-2011, 08:53 PM
The "surprise guest" is under Jive so I'm praying for Britney

Judas
15-02-2011, 11:11 PM
who was it lol ?

Con
15-02-2011, 11:14 PM
swear there was no surprise guest.... Cee Lo Green played last?

Judas
15-02-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah please tell me paloma faith joining cee lo half way through wasnt the surprise loool

Slowpoke
15-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Was it not Avril Lavigne? She is apart of Jive

dirrty
15-02-2011, 11:40 PM
no it was paloma faith whose an annoying ****

Judas
16-02-2011, 03:50 PM
THE MONSTER BALL from madison square garden is going to be recorded and aired on HBO on may 7th 22weuriwuefnuewhfouiqlh3ro8ui

Was it not Avril Lavigne? She is apart of Jive

she didn't perform or did she?

and lmao paloma faith was the surprise guest omg

Judas
16-02-2011, 04:13 PM
THE MONSTER BALL from madison square garden is going to be recorded and aired on HBO on may 7th 22weuriwuefnuewhfouiqlh3ro8ui

and to add to this, she said there will be a special guest there to perform with her, and that this person has 'had screen time' with her before

sooo, the obvious candidates:

beyonce (telephone)
elton john (like at the grammys last year)
madonna (born this way/express yourself) jkin

Chris
16-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Another good song from lady gaga. Im quite surprised it didn't get number 1 in the charts though.

Con
16-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Another good song from lady gaga. Im quite surprised it didn't get number 1 in the charts though.
It'd only been live on itunes for like 48 hours so it is a lot to ask from an artist, she still got number 1 worldwide on iTunes, so no doubt she'll be number 1 by this sunday, especially after the grammys :P

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles she's no.1 on the chart update :)

Judas
16-02-2011, 07:46 PM
she's been number one all this week, though jessie j isn't that far behind her with sales. but when the video comes out, it's sure to be number one for at least one week :P

AND it just hit number one in america, the 1000th number one there :)

Chris
16-02-2011, 10:46 PM
It'd only been live on itunes for like 48 hours so it is a lot to ask from an artist, she still got number 1 worldwide on iTunes, so no doubt she'll be number 1 by this sunday, especially after the grammys :P

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles she's no.1 on the chart update :)

Oh that makes sense then! I was gonna say a song like that not getting no.1 is shocking. :L

Judas
16-02-2011, 11:39 PM
i don't think she will get it this week :( she's slipping on itunes thanks to THE BRITS WHOEVER DECIDED SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE PERFORMED THERE SHOULD BE SLAPPED SILLY but the video is coming out next week (according to her, she has a history of delays ;l) so i think it will be number one after that comes out

Con
16-02-2011, 11:50 PM
oh no!! :(
I really wanted her to be at the brits :( would have been amazing for her publicity of born this way. :(
hopefully she'll still get #1

Barmi
17-02-2011, 12:01 AM

Midweeks ≠ official chart. Midweeks are used as a guide but are by no means conclusive. It's quite possible that Adele will get number 1 this week (if her song––I'm reluctant to call it a single because it isn't––growth keeps this steady rate) and GaGa will have to wait another week to hit the top spot.

Judas
17-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Midweeks ≠ official chart. Midweeks are used as a guide but are by no means conclusive. It's quite possible that Adele will get number 1 this week (if her song––I'm reluctant to call it a single because it isn't––growth keeps this steady rate) and GaGa will have to wait another week to hit the top spot.

no means conclusive? of course they aren't conclusive to the official end of week chart on sunday but absolutely they are a good indicator of what is selling the most because it shows exactly that... as of today gaga had an okay lead over jessie j, and now after the brits effect has come into play today there is a three way battle for the top between them two and adele, and the midweeks tomorrow will certainly be interesting

Barmi
18-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Check out post #276 on this page:
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125166&st=240

I took this last night and the situation hasn't changed much since (apart from the album version of SLY is about to overtake BTW).
https://img.skitch.com/20110217-x56gcf51n6b5yy2dpih9ij9jb6.png

IMHO it's more like a race between Adele and Jessie J... GaGa's momentum has tailed off (at least by comparison to those two who should still grow over the next 24 hours), so she is probably going to come in at number 3.

Judas
18-02-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah it definitely is a race between jessie and adele, that has been apparent since tuesday night. but when the video comes out she will get number one.

oh and also of yesterday, the song has sold over 1 million copies worldwide, which is about six days, and it is the fastest selling single on itunes ever. those sales are a far bigger achievement than any chart position anywhere

Con
18-02-2011, 05:38 PM
yeah it definitely is a race between jessie and adele, that has been apparent since tuesday night. but when the video comes out she will get number one.

never give up hope (yn) I'm not anyway ha she'll get her number one

Judas
19-02-2011, 12:13 AM
yeah she will :) just not this week. but the videos apparently out next week. two weeks straight at number three isn't bad at all.

Rixion
20-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I was expecting it to be number one but she's stayed at 3 this week :')

Judas
20-02-2011, 08:50 PM
yeeep i'm happy with that :)

-rumour- video on thursday... bad timing

PriceTags
20-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I heard that at on Friday there were just 200 copies between Adele and Gaga.

Judas
20-02-2011, 10:54 PM
yeppp it was, the whole top three were very close together apparently. i just want to see the final sales for the week though, i've got a feeling adele was miles ahead. i'm glad she got it though, it's hard to believe she hasn't had a number one yet even though someone like you is no where near her favourite song of mine :P

alsooo adele has two top five singles and two top five albums - this is the first time any artist has achieved this since the beatles :O she really is huge (don't be mean)

Judas
21-02-2011, 08:46 PM
tonighhhhht gaga is filming the monsterball at madison square garden (new york) for a HBO special, and beyonce is strongly rumored to be performing telephone with her! :D

Con
21-02-2011, 08:52 PM
tonighhhhht gaga is filming the monsterball at madison square garden (new york) for a HBO special, and beyonce is strongly rumored to be performing telephone with her! :D

Is it just being recorded or can we like watch it live?

Judas
21-02-2011, 10:16 PM
its being recorded and aired in like may... but no doubt there will be videos online by the morning

Janet Snakehole
22-02-2011, 10:54 PM
It's such a feel good song, I am in love.

Jordan
24-02-2011, 08:12 AM
The video comes out 28th February at 11am EST which I think is like 4pm gmt?? So I'll be home just in time :D

Judas
24-02-2011, 02:11 PM
its gonna be like when the bad romance video came out :')

Judas
24-02-2011, 03:58 PM
ooooo :O

gagadaily
Lady Gaga will release TWO music videos for "Born This Way"! More info soon.
3 minutes ago

Slowpoke
24-02-2011, 05:44 PM
One video is for 'Born This Way', second video is for 'Born This Way - Stripped'

Judas
24-02-2011, 06:44 PM
and the stripped version of the song will also be available to purchase :)

Jordan
24-02-2011, 06:56 PM
stripped? what does that mean xD

Judas
24-02-2011, 10:12 PM
well as with basically everything gaga it's a bit vague so we don't really know :P but thats the description she used. usually when songs are stripped down it's basically acoustic and just much less production really... we'll just have to wait and see :P

Shar
26-02-2011, 04:24 PM
MONDAY!!!!!!!!
Can't wait :D
I love this song and her grammy performance was amazing :D:D

wiktoria
26-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Seriously can't wait till her vid comes out!!!

Jordan
26-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Seriously can't wait till her vid comes out!!!

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we can play it in our shop

Judas
27-02-2011, 10:54 PM
the videos gonna be so cool :D shes on radio 1 at about 3pm tomorrow as well if anyone wants to listen :)

Rixion
28-02-2011, 04:09 PM
the video's out now

kind of freaky as per :')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

kk.
28-02-2011, 04:09 PM
just so happens that i went on youtube and the video was released lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:12 PM
the video is amazing :')

Moh
28-02-2011, 04:13 PM
scary video! the song's grown on me now :P

wixard
28-02-2011, 04:16 PM
my god the video is terrifying

Rozi
28-02-2011, 04:16 PM
That video is crap.
It looks like they just stalked tumblr for about 4 months and just whacked every single remotely hipster thing they could in the video and added a badly danced routine.

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:17 PM
i can already feel the illuminati accusations coming with all the triangles and the eye thing again lol

Jordan
28-02-2011, 04:18 PM
the video isn't as good as it was made to be. let down on the video :(

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:22 PM
the video isn't as good as it was made to be. let down on the video :(

i think that statement stands for the song as well lol :P the video wasnt even as hyped as the three from the fame monster tbh

FlyingJesus
28-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Well that was bloody awful. 3 minutes of some faux-artsy crap that even she must realise is a load of tosh and then the actual music bit of the video is just a really basic dance routine in the dark. I thought this song and everything about it was supposed to be massive and meaningful to the entire world or whatever the claim was, but it's turned out to just be a disco tune with a rubbish video

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:35 PM
http://assets.habbox.com/images/71tumblr_l8s9ccqTMV1qbzv.gif

+i just remembered there's another video to come with the new version :D

Shar
28-02-2011, 04:35 PM
The video is genius.

Jordan
28-02-2011, 04:45 PM
new video with the new version of the song????? WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT :O

smiffy70
28-02-2011, 04:49 PM
HOLY **** DID SHE JUST PULL A MACHINE GUN OUT HER VAGINA?!

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:50 PM
the end is a total reference to madonna, love it :')

and YES!
there is a "stripped" version of the song that will be released too, and there's going to be a new video for it as well :D no one knows when though :(

smiffy70
28-02-2011, 04:54 PM
the end is a total reference to madonna, love it :')

and YES!
there is a "stripped" version of the song that will be released too, and there's going to be a new video for it as well :D no one knows when though :(

i read about that, money goes to gay rights

Judas
28-02-2011, 04:57 PM
i think it was a bullying charity i can't remember :)

Andii
28-02-2011, 05:29 PM
lol any1 else think vid is a tad bit weird.. . . but holy crap she has a hot body

Muct
28-02-2011, 05:56 PM
IMO Britneys video is better than GaGas...
Sorry but Born This Way was just boring and the massive story thing at the start? I'm just not feeling it gaga hun xo
... and I hated Britney before 'Hold it against me' -.-

Judas
28-02-2011, 05:58 PM
HIAM video sucked LOL
+anyway i don't know why people choose to compare them all the time like they are alike.

Judas
28-02-2011, 09:26 PM
the new version is here on wednesday **apparently**

Muct
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Idunno if it's been posted yet but the horn thingies in her cheeks etc are fake - I just remember a lot of people wanted to know whether they were or not xD Pic proof:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185875_10150111574514574_10376464573_6068729_47367 73_n.jpg
She posted that on her FB just a while ago & no horns..

Judas
01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
the fame (monster) just became the most downloaded album in the uk ever, selling over 300,000 digital copies

Judas
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
this woman kills me every time :')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2zLe4-Zlw&feature=player_embedded

ALSO gaga will tomorrow be making her debut as a cat walk model in paris for thierry mugler's latest woman collection where she will be previewing a track from the album called "government hooker"

Judas
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
ooooomg.

gaga just made her debut as a catwalk model at the mugler show in paris
and previewed a song from the album called 'government hooker'

and its
so
amazing
:O

that preview on its own was 100x times better than born this way, i am even more psyched for this album now, i can't wait for a HQ version
omgggggg :|

sammy
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I only just saw the video today okay i'm a bit behind the times but I love it. She looks fantastic in it, it's really creative and the song's reallyyyy grown on me since I first heard it. Anticipating the album :D!

Judas
02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
here is government hooker

http://gagadaily.com/2011/03/preview...rnment-hooker/ - listen
http://www.mediafire.com/?omo1o0v0w7c10of - download

i love it so much ;l

Judas
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
gaga on the catwalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXSB7glctg

Con
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
the video and preview are broke! :(
but I love government hoooker ughhhhhh (L)
i can't wait for the album now, I do think this could be better than born this way haha.

also I think this thread should just be renamed to a "lady gaga discussion" thread tbh

Jordan
02-03-2011, 10:07 PM
oh my god I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judas
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
the video and preview are broke! :(
but I love government hoooker ughhhhhh (L)
i can't wait for the album now, I do think this could be better than born this way haha.

also I think this thread should just be renamed to a "lady gaga discussion" thread tbh

oh damm. is it not on gagadaily still?
and yeah it should be, are mods allowed to do that for me?

edit: this should work http://gagadaily.com/2011/03/preview-lady-gaga-government-hooker/#more-16741

Jordan
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
the links work for me except the download one because it's been removed off the site :P

Judas
02-03-2011, 10:19 PM
i might upload it in a bit if anyone wants a link pm me

Jordan
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Isn't the song thats being posted everywhere only a snippet of the song remixed? Either way it sounds good but I'm hoping, and it probably will be better with the proper version

Judas
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
well i remember when the sheisse remix was premiered at the mugler mens show, she always explicitly said she was "previewing a remix of sheisse", but for this she just said "previewing government hooker" so who knows

Judas
03-03-2011, 07:05 PM
HQ government hooker http://www.mediafire.com/?tf4c9r3sv17yv0t

Judas
24-03-2011, 04:35 PM
*revives thread*

the stripped version we heard about before will premiere TOMORROW :D from twitter:

"Surprise Monsters!: Born This Way (The Country Road Version) will be released on Twitter tomorrow at 12am PST/3am EST 3/25."

will be interesting :)

Plebings
24-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I would if I could be bothered to check how many posts in this thread belong to harry.

Looking forward to the album anyway!

ashtonn
24-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm a lil'monsta with ya hunny!!!

FlyingJesus
24-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I would if I could be bothered to check how many posts in this thread belong to harry.

Quite a few (http://www.habboxforum.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=686914)

Not sure what a "stripped" version will come out like, hopefully it's not just a crap acoustic version that's supposedly arty and meaningful or something. Fair play she wants to reach out to people but she should do it by making good tunes lol

Janet Snakehole
24-03-2011, 07:28 PM
UGH I CAN'T WAIT

Plebings
24-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Not sure what a "stripped" version will come out like, hopefully it's not just a crap acoustic version that's supposedly arty and meaningful or something. Fair play she wants to reach out to people but she should do it by making good tunes lol

Well it's called country road version, so either very acoustic guitary with piano, or blown out banjos!

Judas
25-03-2011, 07:39 AM

LOL

anyway not exactly 'stripped' but definitely less production than the original :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR5Aat11P8

i love it anyway, so glad she tried something new

Slowpoke
25-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I like it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!