PDA

View Full Version : Help with the SuperHub

Niall!
09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes hello hello.

I got the 50mb Virgin line installed today and it came with this new Superhub. Everything was fine and dandy until I booted up TF2. I tried to browse the servers but there seemed WAY less than there was yesterday.
After I refresh it just brings back 5-6 servers nothing more.

Anyone any clue why?

Stephen!
09-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Turn all of the superhub features off such as the firewall. It is a piece of crap.

BTW, i thought you were having speed problems on the 20MB? What speeds are you getting now after the upgrade?

Niall!
09-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Turn all of the superhub features off such as the firewall. It is a piece of crap.

BTW, i thought you were having speed problems on the 20MB? What speeds are you getting now after the upgrade?

I was hitting 45 earlier on speedchecker (not speedtest)
They seem to have fixed their servers.

Also I fixed it, disabled ip flood detection and forwarded the half life 2/steam client port.

Stephen!
09-02-2011, 11:53 PM
disabled ip flood detection

Yeah that is the one I could not remember the name of to disable :P

I have my superhub coming on Saturday. Although i'll be converting it in to cable only. I don't want their POS router :P

xxMATTGxx
10-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah that is the one I could not remember the name of to disable :P

I have my superhub coming on Saturday. Although i'll be converting it in to cable only. I don't want their POS router :P

Want to let me know how that is possible? Thinking about upgrading soon and it means getting one of these dodgey units haha.

Stephen!
10-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Want to let me know how that is possible? Thinking about upgrading soon and it means getting one of these dodgey units haha.

There isn't an official way as of yet. VM are going to release a firmware update in the "near future" that will allow you to run it as cable modem only and cut out the router part. For now though, there is a manual way of doing so.

Link (http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/167-how-to-connect-a-router-to-the-virgin-media-super-hub)

xxMATTGxx
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
There isn't an official way as of yet. VM are going to release a firmware update in the "near future" that will allow you to run it as cable modem only and cut out the router part. For now though, there is a manual way of doing so.

Link (http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/167-how-to-connect-a-router-to-the-virgin-media-super-hub)

Thanks for the information and the link, +rep :)

Stephen!
10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
As said before, I get my hub on Saturday so I'll update here whether or not the guide is any good :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!