PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] The most unfair ban I've ever had.....

reid
11-02-2011, 02:04 AM
So, my name is reid, some of you may know me as @_@ or H from Habbo.com since 2004. I just signed up here, because I really don't use any other habbo forum, and the Habbo public deserves to know about this injustice.

On habbo.com.sg (when it existed) I registered the username '=' it is one character, and it is just simply an =. I have never had any problems on this name before, and I sign in the other day and all of a sudden I'm banned for "inappropriate username." This is impossible, I've been using the name since December 2, 2005 on Habbo SG when I was allowed to!

So not only am I randomly banned, the help tool won't reply to me either because I used incorrect information to register the name so many years ago.. I'll keep you guys updated. Ridiculous..

Richie
11-02-2011, 05:01 AM
You can understand why they may have banned you though, different hotels may have different rules and now that both hotels have merged things have changed. Habbo staff are pretty stubborn and I'd be surprised if they allowed you to use that username again. They banned me before and wanted me to pay £200 to get my account back, apparently I was using fraudulent credit cards to buy habbo coins, is anyone really that idiotic to rob some credit cards then use them on a virtual game? Personally I'd buy a nice flat screen tv from the internet. Sometimes you'd think they'd jump back to reality just for a second before replying to an email. Best of luck getting your account back.

karter
11-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi reid, You can about your ban to Redtiz on the forum , she solves most of our issues.

Zuth
11-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Yer as above, give Redtiz a pm on the forum, she's habbo staff and can uassaly get you unbanned or something sorted out.

Toilet
11-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't see any reasoning behind this, = is an allowed character.

Mr-Trainor
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't see any reasoning behind this, = is an allowed character.

It's too short though. Personally I think they should have just emailed you requesting for you to choose a new username which fits in with what you're permitted to have and banned you if you didn't do so within a selected amount of time. I don't think they should have just banned you straight away! Hopefully you'll get your account back, even if it's under a new name :).

Samantha
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
It's too short though. Personally I think they should have just emailed you requesting for you to choose a new username which fits in with what you're permitted to have and banned you if you didn't do so within a selected amount of time. I don't think they should have just banned you straight away! Hopefully you'll get your account back, even if it's under a new name :).

No though Luke, that would mean that everyone who has a one or two character name would be banned too.

I suggest Redtiz as others have done.

reid
11-02-2011, 06:12 PM
It isn't too short, Mr-Trainor, I own the name H as well, and have on .com for years... I'll pm redtiz, thanks everyone!

Toilet
11-02-2011, 08:52 PM
There are many single character names still active, it's not too short xD

orientalframe?
11-02-2011, 09:28 PM
If they say when you first register: You may use letters a-z, numbers and. ,= ? then I don't know what there on about, as it clearly stated th.e = as a character to be allowed

reid
11-02-2011, 10:35 PM
If they say when you first register: You may use letters a-z, numbers and. ,= ? then I don't know what there on about, as it clearly stated th.e = as a character to be allowed

especially since you could make single character names back in the day..

Calculator
13-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Yer as above, give Redtiz a pm on the forum, she's habbo staff and can uassaly get you unbanned or something sorted out.

She can only get you unbanned if its fair. Don't give people false hope that they can go around breaking any rule, be 100% honest with Redtiz and get unbanned. Not how it works.

reid
14-02-2011, 04:48 PM
^ I am being honest...

Catzsy
14-02-2011, 06:02 PM
^ I am being honest...

Pm her on the forum and she what she says. The ban sounds a bit bizarre to me.

Arron
14-02-2011, 06:34 PM
That's the thing with Habbo. They wouldn't even consult with you about the name being "unacceptable" even though it's not. Instead you just get a perm ban.

reid
15-02-2011, 03:05 AM
I've pm'ed redtiz, I'm just awaiting a reply.

Pass
17-02-2011, 02:19 AM
You can understand why they may have banned you though, different hotels may have different rules and now that both hotels have merged things have changed. Habbo staff are pretty stubborn and I'd be surprised if they allowed you to use that username again. They banned me before and wanted me to pay £200 to get my account back, apparently I was using fraudulent credit cards to buy habbo coins, is anyone really that idiotic to rob some credit cards then use them on a virtual game? Personally I'd buy a nice flat screen tv from the internet. Sometimes you'd think they'd jump back to reality just for a second before replying to an email. Best of luck getting your account back.

no you can't understand it... that character was allowed to be used in habbo names and therefore as a habbo name on ALL hotels.
there is no reasoning behind this except for an inexperienced and misinformed moderator making an error which shouldn't happen... it's ridiculous

best of luck getting unbanned reid <3

reid
28-02-2011, 03:36 AM
redtiz told me I must've made the username at a time when it was gltiched... I don't understand though, they deleted names on most hotels early december of 2005, and = was deleted on SG so I simply registered it :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!