PDA

View Full Version : Just asking ^.^

EyeToYou-IV
11-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Why not a new user in habbo get 100c for easier, Then they will not ask for furni or donate furni to them! just idea

P/S : Thanks All

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator):
Moved from 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited.

Jordan
11-02-2011, 07:31 AM
What would be the point, and if it happened I know what everyone would do :P

It's not a very bright idea :P

Calculator
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Because Habbo is a Business, not a charity. If they did this then the credit sales would be zero.

However, to help new users out, they gave them untradeable starter furni.

Catzsy
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I actually think this is quite a good idea. Maybe not 100c but perhaps 20c to start. It may encourage new members and at least get them started.

Josh
11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I disagree. Maybe offer more starter furniture but this would just ruin the game.

Catzsy
11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I disagree. Maybe offer more starter furniture but this would just ruin the game.

In what way?

Josh
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Account farming. Prices inflated. 20 credits can almost buy you VIP so those prices could go up etc.

Catzsy
11-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Account farming. Prices inflated. 20 credits can almost buy you VIP so those prices could go up etc.

Yes, never thought of that. Just make loads of clones and you would be rich, rich. Sorry I have not really woken up yet. :)

Josh
11-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes, never thought of that. Just make loads of clones and you would be rich, rich. Sorry I have not really woken up yet. :)

Not a problem. I have been through my day, done heaps of thinking so my brain is still switched on. :P

j0rd
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Maybe have a couple of starter furniture which IS tradeable. Might encourage new users to trade more which may lead to them investing in credits etc.

Or, each new account could have 1 credit on it, obviously you cant do much with it which is the point, the only thing they could buy is a duck or a z shelf

Nick
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Why not a new user in habbo get 100c for easier, Then they will not ask for furni or donate furni to them! just idea

P/S : Thanks All

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator):
Moved from 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited.

Then habbo would be a retro kind of :P

Eoin247
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe have a couple of starter furniture which IS tradeable. Might encourage new users to trade more which may lead to them investing in credits etc.

Or, each new account could have 1 credit on it, obviously you cant do much with it which is the point, the only thing they could buy is a duck or a z shelf

I think people would account farm with no matter what you got to start with as long as it's tradable unfortunately.

Calculator
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I think people would account farm with no matter what you got to start with as long as it's tradable unfortunately.

That is why the gifts (flakes and heart ones) are untradeable. However making game rooms untradeable is bad for new users! xx

T@R
11-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe just give out 5 Coins per IP Address so people can't just make multiple accounts?
Although people will probably find ways around it :/
This is why habbo can't afford to be generous like before, there are too many greedy people just cloning, which is why unlike the snowflake furni, NONE of the free heart furni is tradeable.

Ajthedragon
11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
This wouldn't work, habbo is a business. :)

Samantha
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Habbo isn't a retro, retro's give free credits to begin with to stay within the rules, therefore wouldn't work.
Also, you use to get a lot of starter furni when I first started, I didn't really know how much you actually got! After 18 months of my account not being logged on I found it and went on and we got a lot.
Anyway, some starter furni is tradeable, however, I don't think they would want to make more tradeable as it wouldn't do much.
Hello furni is there for pixels, no credits needed. Yes people may try get richer but starter furni that is tradeable isn't really going to do that. Also, with tradeable starter furni hello furni wouldn't be needed, as more people would want tradeable ones as they could then sell it for other furni.
On the other hand, I remember getting five creds on habbo one day, I did go on clones at the time and my sister did too, we got a hefty sum if I am honest so maybe 5 credits per ID? I think IP is a little selfish as I know a lot of people have brothers/sisters who lives with them and also plays habbo.

Bext
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM

That would still lead to account farming 50 acc= 50c, If people are desperate enough for creds to scam, they would happily sit and make accounts.

Its a tricky one to address as even making it IP based (10c per IP etc) could still be got round by having lots of VPNs etc.

A good idea would be to make a few things account based like new users hve 4 rooms to choose paint in and 'furni packs' that are not tradable but are enough to make a decent looking room (not the awful starter stuff with no beds)

EyeToYou-IV
12-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Ok guys, What habbo really needs is a right click functions so they can add stuff like when your trading and you have like 20 hcs your trading, it gets annoying having to click 20 times when you should just be able to right click and have functions like
1 hcs
5 hcs
10hcs
x amount [meaning type in how many you want to put in]

They also need, like what another thread has said, more trading space because 9 spots is not enough.

Let me hear your guys opinions on this.

j0rd
12-02-2011, 12:59 AM

That would still lead to account farming 50 acc= 50c, If people are desperate enough for creds to scam, they would happily sit and make accounts.

Its a tricky one to address as even making it IP based (10c per IP etc) could still be got round by having lots of VPNs etc.

A good idea would be to make a few things account based like new users hve 4 rooms to choose paint in and 'furni packs' that are not tradable but are enough to make a decent looking room (not the awful starter stuff with no beds)

Your both missing the point, 1c could only get you either a stool or a z shelf. They cannot take the credit out of the purse, they will need 2c to do so. It would only damage stools and zshelfs if people ever got into farming, which would be useless anyway because they sell for very little.

Agonistes
12-02-2011, 02:44 AM
I enjoy the way it is now, especially when you do eventually accumulate wealth it makes the person in question have a sense of pride.

Zuth
12-02-2011, 08:03 AM

Yer! That's a good idea. Then they could trade pixel furni, and actully get somewhere.

Nick
12-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Isnt that why they made these quests? Half of the xmas quest furni is tradable and valentine is aswell.

Zuth
12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Isnt that why they made these quests? Half of the xmas quest furni is tradable and valentine is aswell.

If you were new to habbo, you Proberly wouldn't understand.

Calculator
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Habbo isn't a retro, retro's give free credits to begin with to stay within the rules, therefore wouldn't work.
Also, you use to get a lot of starter furni when I first started, I didn't really know how much you actually got! After 18 months of my account not being logged on I found it and went on and we got a lot.
Anyway, some starter furni is tradeable, however, I don't think they would want to make more tradeable as it wouldn't do much.
Hello furni is there for pixels, no credits needed. Yes people may try get richer but starter furni that is tradeable isn't really going to do that. Also, with tradeable starter furni hello furni wouldn't be needed, as more people would want tradeable ones as they could then sell it for other furni.
On the other hand, I remember getting five creds on habbo one day, I did go on clones at the time and my sister did too, we got a hefty sum if I am honest so maybe 5 credits per ID? I think IP is a little selfish as I know a lot of people have brothers/sisters who lives with them and also plays habbo.

5c was given to every Habbo years ago in around 2007 or something when you couldn't trade credits. Also many of you are forgeting that a lot of people can change their IP address with ease.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!