PDA

View Full Version : Please be careful!

T@R
11-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I urge you all to be extremely careful when doing RS to Habbo trades and only using people you 100% trust, not people you 90% trust and are offering you a slightly better deal!

Cwmbran
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=687447 Like that? Lol :P

T@R
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=687447 Like that? Lol :P
Like that exactly!
Just hope people can learn from my mistakes ;3

Calum
12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I am offering a MM service but no one seems to take it. They'd prefer to be scammed?

T@R
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
It's hard to get people who don't use Hxf to trust people on Hxf though ;/
This is seen as a 'noob' place to buy RS, even though it's probably the safest.

Calum
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Well if you would to give someone the choice of not going first, MM only. They'll be left with no option, preventing either sides of scamming. People get scammed because they are so desperate they'll trust anyone towards the end of their attention span.

Eoin247
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd only trust trusted forum members for these types of trades. Theres a much smaller chance of getting scammed than just doing it in habbo/rs

Jake
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM
There is no official mm so if u use a mm whats to say they won't scam?

Well if you would to give someone the choice of not going first, MM only. They'll be left with no option, preventing either sides of scamming. People get scammed because they are so desperate they'll trust anyone towards the end of their attention span.

Calum
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
The amount of vouches 1 person has generally means they are more trusted, if they've had the oppunitnity to scam why haven't they already? I know there isn't any official MM's but I offer a service and I know someone else does who uses the trading section as well.

T@R
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
The guy I got scammed by had seemingly unlimited vouches, a lot of which were from me.
Goes to show you can't most of the people you think you can! D:

Jake
12-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Not true vouches juat show you traded with them b4 or they are ur mates if u do 5gb trades with 5 diff people that's 5 vouches but u do a throne that's 6x the price of a gb whts to stop people then? Everyone has a price where they think mmm?
The amount of vouches 1 person has generally means they are more trusted, if they've had the oppunitnity to scam why haven't they already? I know there isn't any official MM's but I offer a service and I know someone else does who uses the trading section as well.

Calum
12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
The guy I got scammed by had seemingly unlimited vouches, a lot of which were from me.
Goes to show you can't most of the people you think you can! D:

Why we actually need a system :(

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 05:27 AM ----------

Not true vouches juat show you traded with them b4 or they are ur mates if u do 5gb trades with 5 diff people that's 5 vouches but u do a throne that's 6x the price of a gb whts to stop people then? Everyone has a price where they think mmm?

Look, I've been here for 5-almost 6 years now. If I would to just scam everyone I'd of been banned, you've joined in 2010? Stop trying to be PI magnum, just trying to do some good for the community.

Jake
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I joined in 06 on a diff acc wht the hell does join date have to do with anything? Soz did I hit a nerve u got quite defensive then all I was doing was stating no1 is 100% safe unless they know each other irl
Why we actually need a system :(

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 05:27 AM ----------

Look, I've been here for 5-almost 6 years now. If I would to just scam everyone I'd of been banned, you've joined in 2010? Stop trying to be PI magnum, just trying to do some good for the community.

Kyle
12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Join date doesn't really mean anything where trading is concerned.

Rashelly
12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I joined in 06 on a diff acc wht the hell does join date have to do with anything? Soz did I hit a nerve u got quite defensive then all I was doing was stating no1 is 100% safe unless they know each other irl

It's Calum. Join date doesn't mean anything, you're right... But he's been an active member of the RS section for a very long time and built up a reputation. Of course there's still risk, but using a reputed community member over a less well known character lessens that risk.

The only way to be safe from trade scams is not to trade. If you want to trade, you take the risk, it's as simple as that.

ProudFall
12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I've used the RS Power-levelling yesterday, still not got any e-mail from the company, or any notice of anything.

T@R
12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I've used the RS Power-levelling yesterday, still not got any e-mail from the company, or any notice of anything.
What...?

Calum
12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
It's Calum. Join date doesn't mean anything, you're right... But he's been an active member of the RS section for a very long time and built up a reputation. Of course there's still risk, but using a reputed community member over a less well known character lessens that risk.

The only way to be safe from trade scams is not to trade. If you want to trade, you take the risk, it's as simple as that.

Thanks for summing up what I've been trying to say, just not very well!

JoeyK.
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
As far as MM goes, you can be pretty sure that someone who's had successful trades on the forums to be much more trustworthy than someone who hasn't. If they've been trading for years with no issues, they're probably not going to ruin their reputation for a few million gold. There's a few people on HxF whose trading records are impeccable, so you're much less likely to get ripped off if you use their services. There's always a chance of being scammed, but using someone with a good trading history greatly minimizes that risk. Look at eBay and how their feedback system works.

Just remember that since Habbox removes any posts accusing others of scamming, it is much harder to tell who has a history of ripping people off; I remember several members using this rule to their advantage and making quite a lot of gold/thrones (Not to mention the members who were not only scammed, but also received infractions for telling people about it). Personally I find Habbox's policy on reporting scammers to be absolutely horrible considering they allow this kind of trading in the first place (in violation of both Habbo and Jagex's T&C to begin with, though they seem to pick and choose which rules to enforce), but rules are rules.

Zak
13-02-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't actually think it's against Habbo T&C as Redtiz said it wasn't about a month ago.

I do agree with a lot Joey said, espically about reporting scammers. If they have proof, chatlogs, videos or what ever people should get banned. Although from experience I've known very few people on here who actually scam.

People just don't stop to think how much scamming can upset people, someone might have worked really hard to get their furniture and that one user has taken it away. Personally I don't give a **** about Runescape, or for that matter Habbo, or even petty cash. They are both games, and if a user is sad enough to sit there and scam then let them, you can live in the comfort that they are sad children how have nothing better to do with their lives than be l33t and waste their lives away on these games :)

Aidenn
13-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Bit of advice from me personally.

People change, Vouches Remain

Add that to you quote books init ;)

By that i basically mean, if a trade was done lets say 2 years ago that user still has that vouch, the user might be more trustworthy, however they might have changed to become a scammer, i reccomend you put a cut-off point on vouches you see. normally i reccomend 2-3 months at most.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!