PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Multiplayer

Firehorse
13-02-2011, 10:32 PM
For those who have the beta i've been seeing about configuring the multiplayer with an alternative method since the official servers aren't online yet.

Post below if you're interested and i'll post the info on how to also get setup if enough people are interested in a game (would probably just be an exclusive hxf server).

Firstly open the system.cfg file in the game folder with notepad and add these lines at the bottom:

g_enableInitialLoginScreen = 0 ;
g_gamespy_loginUI = 0 ;
net_lanbrowser = 1 ;
net_initLobbyServiceToLan = 1 ;

Download Hamachi: https://secure.logmein.com/hamachi.msi

Join this network:

hamachi network id: HxFCrysis
Password: habboxforum

Now anyone who creates a game in multiplayer will show up to everyone else on the same hamachi network, enjoy!

MissSarahLoo
13-02-2011, 10:33 PM
You know vip, what does it mean when you choose a colour?

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly thanks!

Firehorse
13-02-2011, 10:36 PM
You know vip, what does it mean when you choose a colour?

Just the colour of your name and shows you've paid money... how exactly is this relevant to the topic?

Stephen!
13-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I prefer using Tunngle since they have dedicated channels for Crysis 2.

Firehorse
14-02-2011, 07:16 AM
I prefer using Tunngle since they have dedicated channels for Crysis 2.

Yeh but this just acts as a LAN network accross the internet so it's just like joining a LAN game, nothing complicated and easy to do.

Recursion
14-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeh but this just acts as a LAN network accross the internet so it's just like joining a LAN game, nothing complicated and easy to do.

Tunngle is a far better "version" of Hamachi (to put it simply).

Firehorse
14-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Tunngle is a far better "version" of Hamachi (to put it simply).

Ah well, will keep in mind for future reference but no point changing what has been started.

Firehorse
14-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Just to let people know - when the green dot turns to a message bubble it means that user is chatting to you so right click them and click chat, it doesn't give any notifications unfortunately.

Firehorse
17-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok there are now 10 people in the network, although there seems to be only a couple of people on at a time. Lets organise a gaming session for 7pm GMT this evening? Will be a better game with more people online.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!