PDA

View Full Version : w.o.w botters v RS botters

Eoin247
14-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Anybody who played wow for a while knows that bots are pretty much non-existent now days, yet in classic wow they were very common.

However in RS the amount of botters seems to only increase.

So i was wondering if anybody knows why exactly is this the case? How has blizzard managed to get rid of botters yet jagex hasn't?

BoyBetterKnow
14-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Blizzard runs an intelligent piece of software on your computer that monitors all processes I believe whilst runescape doesn't.

Marbian
14-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Since free trade, I've seen more botters than before, and it's making me dislike runescape seeing all these botters.

FlyingJesus
14-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Blizzard have always been extremely good at getting rid of botters - on Diablo 2 they used to run a "rust storm" every couple of months that got literally thousands upon thousands of accounts banned for third party software interference, whereas Jagex (and to be fair, MOST gaming companies) rely only on evidence presented to them by people who care enough to compile it themselves. It's probably not financially viable or worth the manpower for these mass bannings to happen - and for a browser run game there might simply not be the software available to do it.

Marbian
14-02-2011, 01:16 PM
You also have to remember that WOW is a downloaded game, and runescape isn't... and run on java.. which in ways make it harder to detect botters.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!