PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way Range training

ExtraKen
14-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Hiya I was wondering what is the fastest way to train range from lvl 50 to lvl 70

Calum
14-02-2011, 07:55 PM
using a cannon

ExtraKen
14-02-2011, 08:39 PM
what are good places to use cannon?

MJJ
14-02-2011, 08:49 PM
If you've completed The Fremminik Isles quest then yaks are really good exp. You can use iron or bronze knives there and get 50-70 exp/hour.
Ogres are also good, especially at the training ground north west of Ardourgne. They sometimes drop ranarr seeds and they're good exp/hour as well.

ExtraKen
14-02-2011, 08:52 PM
If you've completed The Fremminik Isles quest then yaks are really good exp. You can use iron or bronze knives there and get 50-70 exp/hour.
Ogres are also good, especially at the training ground north west of Ardourgne. They sometimes drop ranarr seeds and they're good exp/hour as well.

hmm havent got frem isles :( but suppose i can do ogres you do them with knives to?

Kyle
14-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah. If you want to save yourself some hastle picking up knives then I'd suggest that you do the ghosts ahoy quests for ava's attractor/accumilator as it picks up your ammo for you.

Calum
14-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Kyle,

That's ernest the chicken & Animal Magnetism

Not ghosts ahoy :L

Kyle
14-02-2011, 10:36 PM
oh lmfao well it has ghosts in :reject:

MJJ
15-02-2011, 12:19 AM
hmm havent got frem isles :( but suppose i can do ogres you do them with knives to?

Yeah, knives would be best since their very fast. I'd also recommend using range potions to boost your ranged although you don't have to. It just helps increase the exp/hour. Full void range is also good for training.

BoyBetterKnow
15-02-2011, 07:42 PM
cannons at dagoneths rofl

clskate628
15-02-2011, 09:53 PM
From 50 - 65 I suggest iron knives at rock crabs, OR ranging guild if you want to make money. (You dont get any hitpoints exp so it will keep your combat level down.)

Then 65 - 70 knive / magic shortbow at firegiants in the waterfall. You need to start waterfall quest to get there, you don't have to complete it.

This is only reccomended if your a pure :P

Kyle
15-02-2011, 09:57 PM
hes not a pure

Richie
16-02-2011, 06:09 AM
I ranged rock crabs with iron knifes from 50 - 70.

Pros: Good fast xp
Cons: Hati wolf attacks you if your outside; People with cannons may come

I then trained ranged from 70 - 80 range in the range guild.

Pros: Great xp; Buy rune arrows with the tickets you make and sell for gold.
Cons: People try to lure bots, putting the rangers in a clickable target distance; It costs x amount per game.

I don't know where I'm going to train now, more than likely I'm going to try cannon rock crabs. Not sure if this helped but it worked for me. If anyone has any tips on where I can train 80+ without quests let me know please :)

MJJ
16-02-2011, 08:33 AM
I ranged rock crabs with iron knifes from 50 - 70.

Pros: Good fast xp
Cons: Hati wolf attacks you if your outside; People with cannons may come

I then trained ranged from 70 - 80 range in the range guild.

Pros: Great xp; Buy rune arrows with the tickets you make and sell for gold.
Cons: People try to lure bots, putting the rangers in a clickable target distance; It costs x amount per game.

I don't know where I'm going to train now, more than likely I'm going to try cannon rock crabs. Not sure if this helped but it worked for me. If anyone has any tips on where I can train 80+ without quests let me know please :)

If you're just looking for exp then I'd still recommend training at either yaks on Neitznot or Ogres at the Training Ground. They give around 50-70k exp/hour although there aren't really many good drops. If you're looking for drops though, fire giants in the Waterfall Dungeon are pretty good since they drop lots of runes, half keys and rune scimitars. You could also try killing blue dragons in Taverly Dungeon - if you have level 60 Dungeoneering then you can enter the resource dungeon in Taverly which also has blue dragons and safespots for range.
Lastly, slayer can also be a good way of training range. It can be good experience since you can use a cannon on quite a few tasks and it can often be better than camping at one place since there's so much variety and most of the slayer tasks can be ranged.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!