PDA

View Full Version : um guys how do u make money now?

:.justben.:
15-02-2011, 11:30 AM
i hate pking and since green drags gone im screwed on money any clue guys my new runescape name is ninu130 and im level 107:D

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Goals and Achievements" as I feel it is more suited here.

T@R
15-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Have the green dragons just gone?
Barrows was always fun when I was at that level, and with my luck I used to make 10-20M a day, casually playing (:

MJJ
15-02-2011, 04:38 PM
You should use your best stats. Personally, I would recommend slaying for cash even if you have a low slayer level because all the small drops add up and you'll be training your combat skills as well.
Otherwise you could hunt red chins (although the spots are ridiculously crowded), fish monkfish or rocktails depending on your fishing level or mine gold/coal at the living rock caverns. You could also try runecrafting for cash but that can get really tedious.
Sorry for being vague but I don't know your stats. :P

15-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Have the green dragons just gone?
Barrows was always fun when I was at that level, and with my luck I used to make 10-20M a day, casually playing (:
check my stats and find out if i good enough pls??? and come with me for the frist few times ill pay?

Kyle
15-02-2011, 04:42 PM
green dragons are still there but there is no clanwars teleport so no more fast banking. There's also the high risk of pkers but that didn't really used to stop people before free trade was removed so I don't see why it should now, just take a whip, rune pl8, d legs/skirt and dfire shield.

Slayer is usually always one of the most reliable ways of money-making so just train that for a while. You'll be able to fight a host of new and interesting monsters so won't get bored too easily and you'll make money from their rare drops/clue scrolls. :) Failing that, there's always resource skills like fishing, mining, woodcutting, etc.

HowIAm you need to be extremely lucky to make 10m+ per day at barrows - playing 'casully' or not.

Jake
15-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Slayer >.>

T@R
15-02-2011, 05:18 PM
green dragons are still there but there is no clanwars teleport so no more fast banking. There's also the high risk of pkers but that didn't really used to stop people before free trade was removed so I don't see why it should now, just take a whip, rune pl8, d legs/skirt and dfire shield.

Slayer is usually always one of the most reliable ways of money-making so just train that for a while. You'll be able to fight a host of new and interesting monsters so won't get bored too easily and you'll make money from their rare drops/clue scrolls. :) Failing that, there's always resource skills like fishing, mining, woodcutting, etc.

HowIAm you need to be extremely lucky to make 10m+ per day at barrows - playing 'casully' or not.

Yeah I guess I was really lucky, but I used to get items every 10 trips easily!

Could you post your stats so I can check? At level 107 I don't see why you couldn't barrow though.
Hunting clues could work too, but you get a lot of duds that might knock your confidence

IceNineKills
15-02-2011, 11:17 PM
107 and don't know how to make money, what have you been doing all this time?

Rashelly
15-02-2011, 11:51 PM
charge air orbs.

Godaz
15-02-2011, 11:52 PM
What is the best thing to mine to accumulate money quickly? I'm currently f2p and mining coal near fally bank I hear gold is usually the most abundant and easiest when you can mine it, but mostly I was wondering if theres any point going for mith/addy/rune when I can mine it? I know the current price for rune in GE is like 11k but is it worth the effort of getting it? Never really bothered with mining that much to know lol.

MJJ
15-02-2011, 11:56 PM
What is the best thing to mine to accumulate money quickly? I'm currently f2p and mining coal near fally bank I hear gold is usually the most abundant and easiest when you can mine it, but mostly I was wondering if theres any point going for mith/addy/rune when I can mine it? I know the current price for rune in GE is like 11k but is it worth the effort of getting it? Never really bothered with mining that much to know lol.

I doubt its worth mining runite etc in F2P because the spots would probably be so crowded that you wouldn't be getting many ores. Mining coal at the mining guild is probably the best way to make cash from mining.

17-02-2011, 10:08 AM
my stats are now in my sig ;)

T@R
17-02-2011, 03:55 PM
59 Slayer if a nice level, just keep going with that.
But yeah if you barrow with slayer dart your max will be 20 (80/4) so you should be able to get through them as easily as I used to, but perhaps invest in a higher prayer level when you get the chance because it helps if you can get through a trip without using a dose of prayer potion.
Other than that your stats aren't bad, but not really any standouts that would help you make money.
There's obviously the tedious ones like plank making, flax spinning etc, but they're pretty slow.

Conservative,
17-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Play to your strengths - if you have 99 in something - make money from that.

Example; my highest stats are Woodcut and fletching - im non mem now so I just wc.

Oh, and to solve the crowdedness - Go on a different language (French, German or Portugese [Brazil])

Eoin247
17-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Mining rune can be very profitable, although i'm not sure if it's contested too much on f2p. It's very hard to make good money on f2p with mining due to the large amount of people competing for mining spots.

Richie
17-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Loot, you'd be surprised. Bots get killed in the range guild all the time. Most of them have at least 200k with them. Loot their cash once their grave disappears. Its obviously not always going to happen but you could make a mill an hour if u tried

Rashelly
17-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I still say charge air orbs.

Buy orbs - charge them, sell.

Or get your dungeoneering up a bit and go to the blue dragon resource dungeon & collect dragon bones

Rixion
20-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I still say charge air orbs.

Buy orbs - charge them, sell.

Or get your dungeoneering up a bit and go to the blue dragon resource dungeon & collect dragon bones

what skill do you use to charge the orbs? o.O

Rashelly
20-02-2011, 03:59 PM
what skill do you use to charge the orbs? o.O

Magic to charge them, crafting to make them... Although it's cheaper to buy the orbs rather than buy molten glass to make them.

The spell requires 66 magic.

I think it costs 300-400 per unpowered orb in the GE and you can sell air orbs for over 1.5k each

redtom
20-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I did the orb thing earlier, Decent money boring as hell though.

Matthew
20-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I did the orb thing earlier, Decent money boring as hell though.
money making does tend to be quite boring :(

Aidenn
20-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Money making compared to most stats is the easiest thing since bread and butta

MONEY MAKING, SHOULD BE YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER!

Rixion
21-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Money making compared to most stats is the easiest thing since bread and butta

Enlighten us then :L
I'm level 121 and still can't find a decent money making way that isn't boring

Rashelly
21-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Enlighten us then :L
I'm level 121 and still can't find a decent money making way that isn't boring

He said it was easy, not that it's not boring :)

Neversoft
21-02-2011, 01:55 AM
You can make quite a bit catching swamp lizards and there is a place where ranarr herbs spawn, however they're also pretty boring ways of making money. The hunter xp is nice, though.

Stephen
21-02-2011, 04:53 AM
rcing is fun

Marbian
21-02-2011, 05:04 PM
107, my 95 can do blue dragons, dont be scared that you need 70 agility for shortcut to the blue dragons in trav because it's only 2 minutes extra walking around... but yeah, thats good money. but i use frost dragons which is 800k each run.

Matthew
21-02-2011, 05:12 PM
107, my 95 can do blue dragons, dont be scared that you need 70 agility for shortcut to the blue dragons in trav because it's only 2 minutes extra walking around... but yeah, thats good money. but i use frost dragons which is 800k each run.

You don't even have to attack the drags. You can pick up the dragon scales which spawn every few seconds in five locations, and then teleport to falaldor and bank. Then return to the dragons and repeat :)
If you have a high summoning level it boosts the profit aswell.

Rashelly
21-02-2011, 05:26 PM
The blue dragon resource dungeon is great for gathering d bones and blue hides... I've been there lots of times and have never seen anyone there

Elixur.
22-02-2011, 06:00 AM
I runecraft. I'm level 93 in it and yeah, it's boring, but the money is great depending on what it is that you runecraft.

Robi
22-02-2011, 11:29 AM
as boring at it is, fletching is very decent money.. Maple longbow (u) or Yew longbows are the best. Made me around 15m on my way to 99 Fletching.

Marbian
22-02-2011, 02:59 PM
You don't even have to attack the drags. You can pick up the dragon scales which spawn every few seconds in five locations, and then teleport to falaldor and bank. Then return to the dragons and repeat :)
If you have a high summoning level it boosts the profit aswell.

That takes ages though, you might as well stick with the dragons them selves. Unless, you're aiming for the lower levels then totally lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!