PDA

View Full Version : 'getting over it'

Macey
16-02-2011, 12:29 PM
About 3 weeks ago me and my long term boyfriend split (good timing eh?).
I know it wasnt the best relationship, tbh I dont know how I coped looking back but tbh I feel miserable about it.
I really do miss him and there is no chance of getting back together (split once before always argued)
I just feel so lonely atm and cant seem to take my mind off lads or him, its asif having someone is a comfort zone.
But yeah I just feel abit lost now and would love it if someone could shine some light as to how to deal with it!

Cheers! g xxx

Macey
16-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh and another not, was out last night in town and bumped into him, he was acting ok, then he texted me later on asking if I wanted to stay round! I didnt I stayed at my best girlies house but I rang him this morning asking what it was about and he said it was because he fancied do the ermm 'cheekies' as I'm going to call it on here. My mind is all over the place!

danzooo
16-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm in a similar position to you, my girlfriend and I finished in December (although it doesn't feel anywhere near as long ago as that), we'd been together 17 months.

I do miss her and I do still love her, but over time I have eventually gotten over her and started to enjoy life, I've realised I can do so many things now that I couldn't do before when I had her as my girlfriend.

It does hurt a lot at first and it hurt for me especially the other night when she changed her relationship status on facebook to "in a relationship" with another guy, but in all honesty, I feel alot better for it now. Just give it time.

Arron
16-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Talk to him and see what he wants to do. Can you not but all your differences a side and start a fresh relationship? By the sounds of it, he hasn't given up on you and you haven't given up on him, so your best bet at the moment is to have a good talk about you two and see what happens!

Zak
16-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately time is a great healer. You're still going to have feelings for him for a while even if he is a complete ****. I know a girl who was in a similar position to you, she still likes him but it wouldn't work if she went back and he just used her the whole time if I'm honest. All you have to do is try and get on with your life, spending time with friends and going out can really help, just don't get a rebound because they never work :)

Metric1
17-02-2011, 05:08 AM
I was/still am in the same position as you. I came out of a long term relationship in September because I was going off to school and the girl I was with decided to take another year off. I didn't want to wait another year to start school, so I went off and she didn't like that. I haven't communicated with her except she texted me last week, but I didn't reply :) Once it was done we would try to talk to one another but it wasn't the same, and we would always get in fights and she would be like "DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN"... fine by me, you were the one talking to me? few days later, she would text me or try to add me to BBM. The final straw was when we had a huge argument in December and I deleted her from Facebook because she was questioning why I was adding girls to Facebook so I was just like I'm done with this, remove friend, done. She didn't like this either and she blocked me, which I should have done in the first place. She texted me last week telling me she unblocked me from Facebook, but that was the message I didn't reply to. She doesn't have my new BB pin either so she can't add me, and I didn't add any of her friends so they shouldn't have it either.

The best thing for me would be to change my phone number so she couldn't contact me at all, but I kind of enjoy it but at the same time it's not healthy. I am going home for 10 days and I intend on contacting her and hanging out with her and hopefully putting all this to rest and just agree on being friends. Maybe if she comes here next year we can make another go of it, but I refuse to be that guy with a girlfriend who doesn't go to the same school as him. It's not fair to me, and it's not fair to her, I need somebody to cuddle with me :)

Anyway, that's enough about me..

I truly believe that cutting all ties with your ex will help ease the pain and help you forget faster. I may not be able to practice it, but I think if I didn't participate in little mind games with mine it would be WAY easier and less drawn out. Delete him from Facebook, delete his number, if he texts say "who's this".. my favorite game hehe

lol
17-02-2011, 05:28 AM
the easiest way, for me, to get over somebody is just to trying to stop thinking about them... focus on other things instead. if you see something he did on your facebook newsfeed, just keep scrolling. if you see a picture of you and him, look at a different picture. i feel like just pretending not to care eventually results in you not caring, which might help you

HotelUser
17-02-2011, 06:05 AM
It's absolutely horrible, especially if they still want to be friends and are content with that but you then always end up miserable talking to them, but also find shutting them out and trying to forget about them miserable as well.

As absolutely mind destroying and devastatingly upsetting as it may be, forgetting about them with time as Interact said is probably the hard, but right thing to do.

Catzsy
17-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh and another not, was out last night in town and bumped into him, he was acting ok, then he texted me later on asking if I wanted to stay round! I didnt I stayed at my best girlies house but I rang him this morning asking what it was about and he said it was because he fancied do the ermm 'cheekies' as I'm going to call it on here. My mind is all over the place!

Well if all he has to say is 'he fancied do the ermm 'cheekies' ' I do believe that that's your answer. He is not good enough for you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!