PDA

View Full Version : I believe this fits in here..

Luke
20-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Not going to explain the circumstances, but as it turns out - I have to write a letter of apology to OCR; I understand the basic concept of saying 'sorry' but with it being an exam bored, I'm sure they'll be expecting more than that - in great volume.

Anyone any ideas what I can waffle on about? :')

Suspective
20-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Just say you understand how it affected other people, and you realize how wrong [it] was. etc. and tell them how important it is you complete their exams and maybe praise them on something lol.

lAbby,ox
20-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Just explain that you understand what you have done wrong, and apologise as much as you can that you didn't mean for owt to get out of hand or something like that

Chris
20-02-2011, 01:23 PM
What could you possibly do to piss off OCR?! Just write to then telling them that you understand what you did was wrong and that it will never happen again!

Luke
20-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Just say you understand how it affected other people, and you realize how wrong [it] was. etc. and tell them how important it is you complete their exams and maybe praise them on something lol.

Didn't really affect anyone else, and I'll try the sweet-talk approach :')

Just explain that you understand what you have done wrong, and apologise as much as you can that you didn't mean for owt to get out of hand or something like that

5 x sorrys - check.

What could you possibly do to piss off OCR?! Just write to then telling them that you understand what you did was wrong and that it will never happen again!

Well, lets just say, the school had annoyed me quite a bit so my answer for a question in my chemistry exam was:
"To be fair Mr Examination person, I don't really know. When the fat **** they called Mr Shaw told me he'd 'forgot' to enter me for resits, i was rather pissed off, and I resorted to playing The Cube on my iPhone rather thna listening in the lesson regarding this question. What I'm trying to say is, F* OCR and F* Greencroft School"

They got annoyed.

AgnesIO
20-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Didn't really affect anyone else, and I'll try the sweet-talk approach :')

5 x sorrys - check.

Well, lets just say, the school had annoyed me quite a bit so my answer for a question in my chemistry exam was:
"To be fair Mr Examination person, I don't really know. When the fat **** they called Mr Shaw told me he'd 'forgot' to enter me for resits, i was rather pissed off, and I resorted to playing The Cube on my iPhone rather thna listening in the lesson regarding this question. What I'm trying to say is, F* OCR and F* Greencroft School"

They got annoyed.

You might want to send them flowers after that :rolleyes:

I would seriously just say how sorry you are, maybe ******** abit about how hard your home life has been (try and make them feel sorry for you..) but also point out how you totally understand what you did was wrong.

Although I think what you wrote was a seriously dumb thing to write, whether you were angry or not.

Luke
20-02-2011, 01:47 PM
You might want to send them flowers after that :rolleyes:

I would seriously just say how sorry you are, maybe ******** abit about how hard your home life has been (try and make them feel sorry for you..) but also point out how you totally understand what you did was wrong.

Although I think what you wrote was a seriously dumb thing to write, whether you were angry or not.

I was debating chocolates to be fair. And I could blame it on the school? They've caused me alot of **** the past few months. starting to annoy me big style some certain members of staff..

And yeah, I'm not going to try and back out of that one, it was dumb - luckily, got off with a warning rather than disqualification :P

Luke
20-02-2011, 02:05 PM
For those interested, the letter;

Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to you regarding the matter of unacceptable answers which were written in a recent exam. Primarily, I can fully understand your discontent for such matters and can’t apologise enough. I’m sorry for any annoyance or hassle this case may have arisen and can assure you, yourself and the OCR board that it will never happen again.

Although I cannot justify my actions, I can relate to the seriousness of the matter and would like to express my gratitude on allowing me a second chance. At the time it may not have seemed it, but upon looking back, I can see the foolishness of my actions, and it makes me feel slightly embarrassed of myself and I feel as if I’ve let myself down.

As you can probably agree, it’s extremely important I complete all examinations to the best of my ability, and that examination did not reflect that at all – for this, I’m also sorry.

Again, I sincerely apologise for anything relating to this matter and promise not to, even in the slightest, mirror the offence again.

Yours faithfully
Luke Bateson

Used the font 'OCR' for the irony. :')

Hushy
20-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I think just the gesture of saying sorry should be pretty good for them but you really want to try and sweet talk them a little bit.

Luke
20-02-2011, 02:21 PM
The 'saying sorry' bit is off my own back, they're not expecting it. And tbf, I don't think the sweet talk is worth it (that/i haven't a clue where to start with it). I'm not trying to get out of disqualification here, just apologising for the incident

Hushy
20-02-2011, 02:28 PM
if its just of your back and they arnt requesting it then i think a simple "im sorry, what i said was wrong" should be efficient

Recursion
22-02-2011, 09:06 AM
if its just of your back and they arnt requesting it then i think a simple "im sorry, what i said was wrong" should be efficient

I think they asked him to. LOL

Luke
22-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I think they asked him to. LOL

Tom, you blind? Read previous posts noob :(

Janet Snakehole
23-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Ngl, I loved the answer you wrote on your test paper hahaha, hilarious! But the letter you've written is good and the fact you're apologising for your actions off your own back is even better. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

AgnesIO
23-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I was debating chocolates to be fair. And I could blame it on the school? They've caused me alot of **** the past few months. starting to annoy me big style some certain members of staff..

And yeah, I'm not going to try and back out of that one, it was dumb - luckily, got off with a warning rather than disqualification :P

Although it sounds like a good idea, hiding behind someone elses faults is the beginning of the road to failure. Blaming other people for what is ultimately up to you would be the biggest mistake you will ever make.

Conservative,
23-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Your letter is sufficient to me. Especially as they haven't requested an apology and it's you doing it off your own back. So good on you. Oh, and don't do it again.

Inseriousity.
23-02-2011, 06:08 PM
The 'saying sorry' bit is off my own back, they're not expecting it. And tbf, I don't think the sweet talk is worth it (that/i haven't a clue where to start with it). I'm not trying to get out of disqualification here, just apologising for the incident

If they're not expecting it, why are you bothering? You know not to do it again, they know you won't do it again so I'd just leave it as water under the bridge and move on tbh :)

If not, your letter's good but the you, yourself bit sounds weird lol like you're trying too hard to be 'posh' :p

Zak
24-02-2011, 02:13 AM
I wouldn't apologise at all your reasoning behind your answer seems justifiable to me.... **** OCR. People have done a lot worse in exams trust me :P

Oleh
24-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Just scrap the apology. What you did was out of anger, nothing to apologize for.. to them your just another angry kid letting his anger out on paper.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!