PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ the creating and implimenting of an idea..

Joey-
23-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I've been surfing the Internet since 10:33 this morning, the time I came home from my job interview. Since then I've been on several sites, including Habbox and several others I check regularly. But today I re-discovered some sites I believe I buried on purpose. These sites are MyLifeIsAverage (http://www.mylifeisaverage.com), stories of not so average people; LoveGivesMeHope (http://www.love.givesmehope.com), stories of some of the luckiest couples in the world; and Six Billion Secrets (http://sixbillionsecrets.com).

Six Billion Secrets is the site I've spent the least amount of time on, but has had the greatest impact. The site is full of stories of children being ignored by their parents, outcast by communities, pushed farther into depression, scavenging for any amount of affection to help them stay nailed to the ground, to keep them from doing something they will regret. While I cannot say that I know what they are going through, or that I can relate to how they feel or how they are being treated or anything, I can say that.. someone I am extremely close to, someone I use to date, someone I have an amazing amount of love for, someone who spilled everything about her life to me, she did go through some of these things, and she still is going through them. And while I am a shy computer nerd, who would rather stray in the background, I can say with the utmost confidence, even though I'm deathly afraid of talking to even a small group of people, that I'd be willing to stand up in front of a stadium as large as the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium, filled to the rim with people, and preach to each and every one of them about these matters. I feel it's nothing less than my duty to speak of these issues, to start a movement, or at the very least join an already progressing movement, to reduce the likeliness of these events ever happening.

I can't just allow for these things to go unnoticed, if I stand back and watch as the bullies of this world are allowed to continue to do these things to their families, to the people they love, to people they've never even met, I'm just as bad as them. You may think that it's not your problem if you don't know the person, but you even catching a glance of the event taking place makes you personally involved with the issue, you knowing of it happening, you hearing a rumor of it happening, makes you more than directly involved.

I remember a while back, in eighth grade or so, my class went to the school auditorium to speak about bullying. I didn't think anything of it, hell, truthfully, I didn't remember most of that day, let alone most of the presentation. But there is one thing that stuck to me. One of the presenters said something that has impacted how I acted from that day on, and it was, relatively, this:
if you see a situation where someone is being bullied, someone is being picked on or harassed, if you even hear about the situation, you are at as much fault as the bully. You might as well be the bully.

Anyways, I've been rambling. My point is, I want to do something about it. Something more than just stopping my friends from being douche-bags to everyone, something more than stopping my ex-girlfriend from harassing her sister and forcing her into a depression, causing her anorexic and bulimic tendencies. I want to be apart of something bigger. I know it's great to start small, but I've done my small part. Now I want to do my big part.

I just need some ideas, influences, muses, whatever you wish to call it, on how I am to get started on doing so. Names of corporations that are already doing the stuff I mention, organizations that maybe travel around the world. Anything will be helpful, and +rep is always guaranteed.

P.S.: Sorry for the length..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!