PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Macbook.

Sunny.
25-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I currently have a Dell Studio 1558 which is about 12 months old. Im looking to sell that and get a Macbook. The only problem im having is that on ebay there are various versions, whats the main differences for example 2008 version and 09 vers.

Also are most peripherals compatible with mac for example my epson printer.
Thanks

paddy140
25-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I currently have a Dell Studio 1558 which is about 12 months old. Im looking to sell that and get a Macbook. The only problem im having is that on ebay there are various versions, whats the main differences for example 2008 version and 09 vers.

Also are most peripherals compatible with mac for example my epson printer.
Thanks

Hi Sunny,

If i was you i would wait for the new macbook pros http://www.apple.com/mac/ but if you cant wait I would buy a Refurbished Mac of apples website! btw is this your first mac? if so you will love them there great. To answer you question between the 08 & 09 macs their is a difference in GHz and i think also in the GB and in terms of your espon printer you will have to check online or the manual that came with it!

Sunny.
25-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey,

Yes its my first mac computer. Im looking at getting one second hand or refurbed for approx 500. Depending on how much I can sell my current laptop for so I think the new macbooks will be a bit out of my price range.

Ive checked it out and it is compatible apparently.

Recursion
25-02-2011, 07:47 PM
If you get one from the Apple refurb store you won't be disappointed. I got my MacBook from there for £100 - £200 cheaper than brand new and when I got it literally the only difference was it came in a brown box saying Apple Refurb on it, apart from that you couldn't tell it was a refurb, it had a new case, so no scratches, discolouration or marks, a brand new battery, the screen looked brand new and the inside was clean. Something tells me it might have been them getting rid of their old model's stock it was that good.

AgnesIO
25-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Sunny,

If i was you i would wait for the new macbook pros http://www.apple.com/mac/ but if you cant wait I would buy a Refurbished Mac of apples website! btw is this your first mac? if so you will love them there great. To answer you question between the 08 & 09 macs their is a difference in GHz and i think also in the GB and in terms of your espon printer you will have to check online or the manual that came with it!

Why wait? They are already released..

paddy140
25-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Why wait? They are already released..

oh yeh they are!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!