PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up a big misconception

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Ok a while back i made a thread to find out the average age of habbox users here:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=679232&highlight=

Every single day i see people on the forum saying things like "oh this forum is for eleven year olds" or "The vast majority of people on this forum are under 13".

Well as you can see that is untrue. The most common age is 17 closely followed by 16. out of the 151 people that took part, only two were 11 years of age or younger.

Now before people say "there's more than 151 forum members". :) The 151 people that voted are the people that actualy use the forum on a regular basis and they are the only members that really matter with regards to this to be honest.

So there you go, it seems we have a much older userbase than everybody used to think.

Catzsy
27-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Ok a while back i made a thread to find out the average age of habbox users here:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=679232&highlight=

Every single day i see people on the forum saying things like "oh this forum is for eleven year olds" or "The vast majority of people on this forum are under 13".

Well as you can see that is untrue. The most common age is 17 closely followed by 16. out of the 151 people that took part, only two were 11 years of age or younger.

Now before people say "there's more than 151 forum members". :) The 151 people that voted are the people that actualy use the forum on a regular basis and they are the only members that really matter with regards to this to be honest.

So there you go, it seems we have a much older userbase than everybody used to think.

I have never seen anybody say

"oh this forum is for eleven year olds" or "The vast majority of people on this forum are under 13".

I am not sure where this thread is going but we do have to be mindful of the fact that we do
have younger members. Also the survey is a not a blanket one it just covers those who chose to participate in it.

Inseriousity.
27-02-2011, 11:31 AM
While I agree with you, what happens when those 17-18 year olds leave? They need to be constantly replenished with new members to keep Habbox going. The easiest way to get new members is on Habbo and possibly the easiest age range to target is the younger 'HxL crowd' as I like to call them :)

rnix
27-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Not everyone on the forum took part in the poll so i guess its not that accurate :P

buttons
27-02-2011, 11:34 AM
why do you say it's only the regulars that matter? i don't see hardly any of the staff that use habbo voting on the poll (and the ones that have are 15 or under) nor the new members. when i say it's for 13/14 year olds i mean new people and the djs or anyone involved with habbo because it's true. most people who started using the forum were around that age too when they started so essentially it is for those ages just some stay longer than others...

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 11:35 AM

I am not sure where this thread is going but we do have to be mindful of the fact that we do
have younger members.

Really? People say things like that every day. If you want i'll go look through a few recent threads and i'll post the links here?

Sure we have younger members, but i'm sure i'm not the only one that dislikes having people constantly saying that i'm using a forum full of little kids. I'm just pointing out the habbox userbase is older than everybody seems to think.

Catzsy
27-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Really? People say things like that every day. If you want i'll go look through a few recent threads and i'll post the links here?

Sure we have some younger members, but i'm sure i'm not the only one that dislikes having people constantly saying that i'm using a forum full of little kids. I'm just pointing out the habbox userbase is older than everybody seems to think.

Yes that would be fine. :)

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 11:38 AM
why do you say it's only the regulars that matter? i don't see hardly any of the staff that use habbo voting on the poll (and the ones that have are 15 or under) nor the new members. when i say it's for 13/14 year olds i mean new people and the djs or anyone involved with habbo because it's true. most people who started using the forum were around that age too when they started so essentially it is for those ages just some stay longer than others...

When i said regulars i used it very loosely. A lot of those voters are only as regular as once a month or less. Of course a lot of people started using it when they were younger but that's besides the point isn't it? That's not what the poll was about.

rnix
27-02-2011, 11:45 AM
When i said regulars i used it very loosely. A lot of those voters are only as regular as once a month or less. Of course a lot of people started using it when they were younger but that's besides the point isn't it? That's not what the poll was about.

You're asking the age of the forum,most people wont come across your poll to vote in, meaning your results will be wrong.
I joined the forum when i was 12 and I am 17 now. Buttons is right about the fact most new community staff are younger because that is the easiest way to get a job at Habbox. (More community orientated jobs) So i guess many of the younger age didn't vote on the poll.

Hecktix
27-02-2011, 11:52 AM
There are 300-400 active users on this forum so it's not an accurate valuation, I can guaruntee a lot of the younger users wouldn't have read such a thread too, due to a lot of them sticking mainly to the habbo forums.

I remember in early 2010 there was an official Habbox Poll which forced users to vote and the average age of HabboxForum users was around 15.

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 11:54 AM
You're asking the age of the forum,most people wont come across your poll to vote in, meaning your results will be wrong.
I joined the forum when i was 12 and I am 17 now. Buttons is right about the fact most new community staff are younger because that is the easiest way to get a job at Habbox. (More community orientated jobs) So i guess many of the younger age didn't vote on the poll.

First of all he poll was active for some time, how many more people than 151 do you think post more than once a month? Not to mention look at the shape of the poll and think about the law of averages.

And you kinda contradicted yourself. Just because you have an account on the forum it doesn't mean you use it. Barely any djs for example actualy use the forum.

And catzy are you saying fine you want me to show show you a link? Or are you saying fine to what i pointed out?

rnix
27-02-2011, 11:59 AM
First of all he poll was active for some time, how many more people than 151 do you think post more than once a month? Not to mention look at the shape of the poll and think about the law of averages.

And you kinda contradicted yourself. Just because you have an account on the forum it doesn't mean you use it. Barely any djs for example actualy use the forum.

It wans't exactly advertised all around the forum and it wasn't active 100% of the time so the chances of everyone seeing is were slim compared to if it was posted at the top of the forum like most things now. Well i do use my account on the forum? Also, The DJs are less likely to see the poll then so wont vote? :S

Inseriousity.
27-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I think she meant fine to examples. She's got a thing for evidence :P

While annoying, it's also not the end of the world if people say 'we've made this rule as there could be 13+ on the forum' because you're older and more mature to put up with it. It's also far easier to accomodate rules to a set lower age (13) rather than the age of the "majority" (which no poll really ever has) as this could change constantly.

Hecktix
27-02-2011, 12:00 PM
how many more people than 151 do you think post more than once a month?

I can tell you, over 300 users posted on HabboxForum in the month of January alone.

buttons
27-02-2011, 12:03 PM
what's your point then? you say 1) it's not for 11 year olds. well no maybe that's a slight exaggeration but it is within that age group and if you asked everyone, including new members for their age when they first signed up i can guarantee they would have been 11-14 so yeah it is for younger members just some of us are sad enough to stay and 2) the vast majority are under 13. i've never seen anyone say that at all but in my experience when people say something around those lines they're referring to habbo staff and new member which would make sense that they are younger....
in spam we can all tell that the regulars are 16 or older with the exception of a few because most of us don't use habbo anymore so whenever it's "you're like 12 though" it's either a joke or it's a dj or new member because it's true lol

but yeah links to "the vast majority of the forum is under 13" and "its not 11 year olds" would be fine thx

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 12:07 PM
There are 300-400 active users on this forum so it's not an accurate valuation, I can guaruntee a lot of the younger users wouldn't have read such a thread too, due to a lot of them sticking mainly to the habbo forums.

I remember in early 2010 there was an official Habbox Poll which forced users to vote and the average age of HabboxForum users was around 15.

Sorry but find that number a bit hard to believe, what exactly is considered active? What i also don't get is why nobody mentioned in the age thread a single thing about this official poll? Not even a forum admin.

Anyway i'm just pointing out the research i did and thought people might be interested. If people don't like it and would rather ignore it, then go ahead.

cocaine
27-02-2011, 12:10 PM
lets not forget that the only reason people say that is because they're exaggerating

rnix
27-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I think an admin would know the statics of users who posted alot more than you :L

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 12:14 PM
It wans't exactly advertised all around the forum and it wasn't active 100% of the time so the chances of everyone seeing is were slim compared to if it was posted at the top of the forum like most things now. Well i do use my account on the forum? Also, The DJs are less likely to see the poll then so wont vote? :S

My point was that barely any djs use the forum when i said that.

I think she meant fine to examples. She's got a thing for evidence :P

While annoying, it's also not the end of the world if people say 'we've made this rule as there could be 13+ on the forum' because you're older and more mature to put up with it. It's also far easier to accomodate rules to a set lower age (13) rather than the age of the "majority" (which no poll really ever has) as this could change constantly.

Well heres one i just found now when i got unbanned from feedback http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=688379&p=7003797#post7003797

I can tell you, over 300 users posted on HabboxForum in the month of January alone.

Well if that's a fact then fair enough. Although i wouldn't really call a post a month active but i suppose an post a month is active to some people.

As i said i was just showing you all the results i found. If don't like them? Then ignore it. I did the best i could have done to find out accurate results. I posted in the thread when it died a bit so as many people as possible could vote. If you have a better way for me to have found out the real average age of habbox users then please do tell.

Hecktix
27-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry but find that number a bit hard to believe, what exactly is considered active? What i also don't get is why nobody mentioned in the age thread a single thing about this official poll? Not even a forum admin.

Anyway i'm just pointing out the research i did and thought people might be interested. If people don't like it and would rather ignore it, then go ahead.

I'm not sure about you, but I can guaruntee an official poll regarding user age isn't the most important thing on earth and there'd be no reason for anybody but management (and even management tbh) to remember an official poll. The poll was a force-read poll in response to one of the claims back then (contrary to what you say is claimed now mind) that the forum had no younger users and the rules should be relaxed - this is why I remember it and I remember the average age, as my forte during my time as Habbox Staff has been surrounding the forum rules.

In terms of active users, active users per day are users that log in per day, and on any given day we have between 300-500 users log into HabboxForum - whether they post or not, they are members, they have an account. I know this, because I have access to the tools which produce the statistics - as I said monthly, over 300 users post on HabboxForum.

To add, whether a member doesn't post and just browses, whether they post a few times a month or whether they post a thousand times a month they are still a member and should be counted in any demographic of HabboxForum.

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I think an admin would know the statics of users who posted alot more than you :L

What are you on about? When did i say i knew more about the statistics of a forum than an admin?

---------- Post added 27-02-2011 at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm not sure about you, but I can guaruntee an official poll regarding user age isn't the most important thing on earth and there'd be no reason for anybody but management (and even management tbh) to remember an official poll. The poll was a force-read poll in response to one of the claims back then (contrary to what you say is claimed now mind) that the forum had no younger users and the rules should be relaxed - this is why I remember it and I remember the average age, as my forte during my time as Habbox Staff has been surrounding the forum rules.

In terms of active users, active users per day are users that log in per day, and on any given day we have between 300-500 users log into HabboxForum - whether they post or not, they are members, they have an account. I know this, because I have access to the tools which produce the statistics - as I said monthly, over 300 users post on HabboxForum.

To add, whether a member doesn't post and just browses, whether they post a few times a month or whether they post a thousand times a month they are still a member and should be counted in any demographic of HabboxForum.

Fair enough, i was just saying it was odd that nobody remembered it at the time as it would have stopped a pointless thread if it was already proven that the average age was 15. Also the thread was made a year later so if the average age was 15, it is quite likely my results were really not very far off at all.

I never said that every member shouldn't be included in things. However there is a difference between a member and an active member. If you all want this can be changed to "Average age of people who use the forum regularly" then instead.

Eoin247
27-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Just to add one more thing, a good bit of those 300 that post are people who just join the forum and post only once. Wheter it be in welcome to habbox forum or in a thread they saw while browsing the internet and felt obliged to reply to. I see these accounts every day that only post once and will more than likely never post again. Fair enough if you think these accounts should be included i suppose some people think these should be included. I personally don't though.

Edit: I'm not too sure why my post wasn't merged with my last one, i thought they did that automatically?

Catzsy
28-02-2011, 09:29 AM
My point was that barely any djs use the forum when i said that.

Well heres one i just found now when i got unbanned from feedback http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=688379&p=7003797#post7003797Well if that's a fact then fair enough. Although i wouldn't really call a post a month active but i suppose an post a month is active to some people.

As i said i was just showing you all the results i found. If don't like them? Then ignore it. I did the best i could have done to find out accurate results. I posted in the thread when it died a bit so as many people as possible could vote. If you have a better way for me to have found out the real average age of habbox users then please do tell.

Hardly an example of what you said earlier tbh. You need to find examples of staff saying
"oh this forum is for eleven year olds" or "The vast majority of people on this forum are under 13".
This needs to be cleared up as your whole thread is based on these remarks. Is the point of this thread to prove a point or is there another point to it? Also your post didn't merge as it was after 15 minutes but it is perfectly fine to double post as you have as it is adding additional valid information.

Eoin247
28-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Hardly an example of what you said earlier tbh. You need to find examples of staff saying

This needs to be cleared up as your whole thread is based on these remarks. Is the point of this thread to prove a point or is there another point to it? Also your post didn't merge as it was after 15 minutes but it is perfectly fine to double post as you have as it is adding additional valid information.

Why do i have to find examples of "staff" saying? I said forum members not staff. How you don't find that that is an example is beyond me.

And thanks for the info on the post merging thing.

Muct
28-02-2011, 05:47 PM

have younger members. Also the survey is a not a blanket one it just covers those who chose to participate in it.

11 or under 31.96%
Catzsy hairpins unorthodox

I thought you were older lol

Eoin247
28-02-2011, 05:51 PM
11 or under 31.96%

1.96% not 31.96% mate, ;) and yeah i was pretty sure Catzy was older not to mention 1 person voted as 11 or younger since i posted this. hmm...

GommeInc
28-02-2011, 07:28 PM

You get it wrongly chucked around the Feedback forum by Management a few times. Everyone can tell the userbase is above 11 anyway... way above 11... with the use of language, hobbies and activities that go around the forum.

Stephen
28-02-2011, 07:38 PM
11 or under 31.96%

1.96% not 31.96% mate, ;) and yeah i was pretty sure Catzy was older not to mention 1 person voted as 11 or younger since i posted this. hmm...

she isn't really under 11, she's like 30 or 40 or something like that

poll results - void

AgnesIO
28-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I for one didn't vote on that poll, so it isn't particularly accurate - considering 150 users is not many.

FlyingJesus
28-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Is this because everyone shot down your dreams of being able to swear on the forum? Frankly regardless of what the "average" age might be (it's 16.5 btw according to that poll) there's still no need for it and there are still going to be younger members, even if they aren't in the majority. I'm not sure if you know how averages work but an average age of 16.5 means that around half the users are younger than that, especially considering there are some folk like myself turning grey on here

Chippiewill
28-02-2011, 08:27 PM

And when you disclude the staff forums and therefore all the 12 year old 'disc jockeys' who make one post every five months on the public part of the forum?

FlyingJesus
28-02-2011, 08:29 PM
all the 12 year old 'disc jockeys'

Hi there, welcome to the point of the thread

Sharon
28-02-2011, 08:30 PM
To be fair to Inseriousity.'s first post about the silly HxL Crew I really don't agree tbh if that's the future of Habbox, we are doooooooomed.

I'm going to take off when Rose, Jennifer, Tara and people go :( but they're here forever so yeah yeah yeah

I'm not a 12 y/o whatever Tom just said :l

Inseriousity.
28-02-2011, 08:34 PM
We're not doomed because the 'silly' HxL crew can grow up if you give them the chance rather than shutting them out because they're "12 year old disc jockeys"

Chippiewill
28-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi welcome to the realisation that THEY DO NOT POST ON THESE FORUMS.

The DJs only come on this forum to apply, once they have that they stay on habbo. Forums are a late-teens thing not an early-teens thing.

FlyingJesus
28-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi welcome to the realisation that THEY DO NOT POST ON THESE FORUMS.

The DJs only come on this forum to apply, once they have that they stay on habbo. Forums are a late-teens thing not an early-teens thing.

You're right that's why the Habbo sections on here are so tiny and inactive, right?

Chippiewill
28-02-2011, 08:44 PM
You're right that's why the Habbo sections on here are so tiny and inactive, right?
Those forums are also used by older members...

Sharon
28-02-2011, 08:45 PM
We're not doomed because the 'silly' HxL crew can grow up if you give them the chance rather than shutting them out because they're "12 year old disc jockeys"

But the point is their branded as that because of their immaturity, spamming HxHD every time HxL is in there will get them no where.

Hate to bring myself in this (as these things ALWAYS back up in my 12 year old face) but I don't do this if I'm fair, otherwise I'd be automatically put in this ''silly'' group just because I'm 12.

Eoin247
28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Is this because everyone shot down your dreams of being able to swear on the forum? Frankly regardless of what the "average" age might be (it's 16.5 btw according to that poll) there's still no need for it and there are still going to be younger members, even if they aren't in the majority. I'm not sure if you know how averages work but an average age of 16.5 means that around half the users are younger than that, especially considering there are some folk like myself turning grey on here

My dreams of swearing on the forum? It seems you have a problem with reading things properly as that feedback thread was expressing what a lot of people wanted which was an option . If you read the rest of my posts in here , you will see that i explained why i posted this thread. In the future please read my posts properly before posting and attacking what i'm saying.

Again if you actualy had read the rest of the posts on this thread, then you would have realised that i pointed out that the vast majority of djs never use the forum.

FlyingJesus
28-02-2011, 08:47 PM
brb ignoring statistics

Rozi
28-02-2011, 08:54 PM
To be fair to Inseriousity.'s first post about the silly HxL Crew I really don't agree tbh if that's the future of Habbox, we are doooooooomed.

I'm going to take off when Rose, Jennifer, Tara and people go :( but they're here forever so yeah yeah yeah

I'm not a 12 y/o whatever Tom just said :l

haha oh my god Shaz did you just call me Rose AND say I'm gonna be here forever ahah?! -repirl!!!1!!1!1!

But seeing as I'm the average age exactly according to that poll, I come across many more people who are older than me, rather than younger but I'm sure if I lived in the habbo forums instead of spam it'd be a completely different story.

Eoin247
28-02-2011, 08:57 PM
But the point is their branded as that because of their immaturity, spamming HxHD every time HxL is in there will get them no where.

Hate to bring myself in this (as these things ALWAYS back up in my 12 year old face) but I don't do this if I'm fair, otherwise I'd be automatically put in this ''silly'' group just because I'm 12.

To be fair though you seem to be very mature for your age ;) . When i first heard you were 12 i was fairly surprised, i had thought you were older.

Stephen
28-02-2011, 08:58 PM
spam users have a higher forum life expectancy compared to users of other sections which is why I cry when I see robbie and muct post in spam

Hecktix
28-02-2011, 09:02 PM
And when you disclude the staff forums and therefore all the 12 year old 'disc jockeys' who make one post every five months on the public part of the forum?

To be absolutely fair, most of them don't even post on the staff forums. When I was Forum Manager I felt very strongly in the same way as you do here, however in my time as AGM I've come to realise that the people who actually post in the staff forums post in the public forums too - a lot of staff also rarely post in the staff forums - you have to be a member of HabboxForum to be staff at Habbox although posting isn't a requirement in most jobs, so I admit it's an easy thing to think however to be absolutely fair to staff it's not the exact case :P (especially now we've removed the staff "talk about anything" forum)

Inseriousity.
28-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Just to be clear I brand them that because of their youth, their enthusiasm to things that older members would scoff at nowadays, their imagination to think outside the status quo (as they obviously don't want what that is until later). In other words, you're only seeing the negatives rather than the benefits that they can bring. If we can harness all those positive qualities that they have and then integrate them into the older community with some of our positive qualities then Habbox will thrive and, more importantly, continue to thrive after we're left.

Sharon
28-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Just to be clear I brand them that because of their youth, their enthusiasm to things that older members would scoff at nowadays, their imagination to think outside the status quo (as they obviously don't want what that is until later). In other words, you're only seeing the negatives rather than the benefits that they can bring. If we can harness all those positive qualities that they have and then integrate them into the older community with some of our positive qualities then Habbox will thrive and, more importantly, continue to thrive after we're left.

Can you explain to me these positives they bring? The negatives over power the positives by far.

Hecktix
28-02-2011, 09:12 PM
The negatives over power the positives by far.

In your opinion, the HxL audience are the same age so... HxL has been like that for as long as I can remember, your attitude towards the HxL staff is quite appalling tbh - I can remember when you registered on this forum, until you made friends everybody thought you were one of "those annoying younger members" - I don't want to offend you Sharon, but it's true for 90% of us here - we were all new (to the forum) at some point so I think you should probably think before jumping to insult the staff who are new to posting on such forums.

Stephen
28-02-2011, 09:18 PM
To be absolutely fair, most of them don't even post on the staff forums. When I was Forum Manager I felt very strongly in the same way as you do here, however in my time as AGM I've come to realise that the people who actually post in the staff forums post in the public forums too - a lot of staff also rarely post in the staff forums - you have to be a member of HabboxForum to be staff at Habbox although posting isn't a requirement in most jobs, so I admit it's an easy thing to think however to be absolutely fair to staff it's not the exact case :P (especially now we've removed the staff "talk about anything" forum)

wait what you're not forum manager now? Damn anyone would of thought you were :O

Inseriousity.
28-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Can you explain to me these positives they bring? The negatives over power the positives by far.

Their youth
When members are younger, they naturally want to get more involved. In fact, they have to if they want to 'climb the ranks' and get some recognition. Being younger also means it's a lot easier to keep them here as they're more likely to be active on Habbo, which is what this fansite is all about really at the end of the day.

Their imagination
Because they're new and not confined to the bandwagon's school of thought, they're more likely, given the chance, to think up new ideas. I mean look at Smiffy when he first joined. The feedback forum had lots of ideas in it because he wasn't entirely sure how things worked and was just giving ideas.

Their enthusiasm
As I've said, they like to get involved. This rubs older members up the wrong way because often that comes across as 'annoying.' But it also means they are more likely to go to HxHD, enter competitions + events, listen to HxL, use the rare values. In other words, do all the things the older members have grown out of.

The positives outweigh the negatives if they are given the chance to. Unfortunately, it seems to me that people just like to find flaws in people, especially younger members who are easier targets. Why would you want to stay somewhere where supposedly 'mature' people insult you everytime you post.

Catzsy
28-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Why do i have to find examples of "staff" saying? I said forum members not staff. How you don't find that that is an example is beyond me.

And thanks for the info on the post merging thing.

Because they would be in a better position than members to know the actual demographic of the site & forum. It is you who have made the thread 'Clearing up a big misconception' and cannot back up that there actually is one. The truth is that we have all ages on the forum and so have to be mindful of that because it is a Habbo Fansite. Nothing more, nothing less.

11 or under 31.96%

Sure am, quite a lot older, but shows exactly how unreliable & unscientific a poll like this can be. :P

Eoin247
28-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Because they would be in a better position than members to know the actual demographic of the site & forum. It is you who have made the thread 'Clearing up a big misconception' and cannot back up that there actually is one. The truth is that we have all ages on the forum and so have to be mindful of that because it is a Habbo Fansite. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure am, quite a lot older, but shows exactly how unreliable & unscientific a poll like this can be. :P

So now you're saying that normal members opinions don't matter on this? Weren't you and Oli saying earlier that all members matter and count? Even though i showed you some proof you refuse to listen and instead are trying to find a loophole around it. Ok then heres a witness that staff also say this.

You get it wrongly chucked around the Feedback forum by Management a few times. Everyone can tell the userbase is above 11 anyway... way above 11... with the use of language, hobbies and activities that go around the forum.

And i never said many ages don't use the forum, so why you're trying to debate that with me i don't know.

It dissapoints me that in order to try and have the argument favour your side you lied in the poll. It can be said for all surveys that theres a possibility that people would lie (even for olis so called official age poll). If you're being completely honest with yourself do you really think that most people didn't say the truth. They have nothing to gain from lying in this survey, whilst in other surveys people may have reasons for lying.

Not to mention in the "official habbox age poll", apparently the average age was 15 as oli said. My poll was done a year later, and so my results cannot be far off if they are.

Hecktix
28-02-2011, 10:40 PM
if people really want to know average ages i could set up another official poll sometime, not really an issue for me but don't see why it couldn't be done.

Conservative,
28-02-2011, 11:00 PM
if people really want to know average ages i could set up another official poll sometime, not really an issue for me but don't see why it couldn't be done.

I'd like to see that just to prove Eoin's point. I agree with Eoin a lot of the "spam crew" call staff/habbo forum posters "11/12 year olds" and stuff...maybe as a joke, but I don't really find it funny. Especially when they're like ":O Omg you're 15? I thought you were like 12".

It's pointless arguing over it, but as Eoin said - if Oli's poll was right, then Eoin's can't be far off either. Catzsy, what you did was just pointless - not many people would just lie for the hell of it, you did that (as Eoin said) to put the argument in your favour, however looking at the results, it looks to me that no one other than you has lied about their age - or if they have I can't tell.

Eoin was just trying to point out that when the "spam crew" call everyone else 12 year olds - it's not funny, and it's probably not correct. I think he has a valid point to be fair. Staff MAY be younger, although actually I don't think I can name any under the age of 12, but the misconception - which does seem apparent, or even if you DO know that it's not true - is still thrown about - has been proven wrong.

Stephen
01-03-2011, 12:49 AM
none of the people who voted 11 or under are 11 or under

kthx

Catzsy
01-03-2011, 09:50 AM
So now you're saying that normal members opinions don't matter on this? Weren't you and Oli saying earlier that all members matter and count? Even though i showed you some proof you refuse to listen and instead are trying to find a loophole around it. Ok then heres a witness that staff also say this.

And i never said many ages don't use the forum, so why you're trying to debate that with me i don't know.

It dissapoints me that in order to try and have the argument favour your side you lied in the poll. It can be said for all surveys that theres a possibility that people would lie (even for olis so called official age poll). If you're being completely honest with yourself do you really think that most people didn't say the truth. They have nothing to gain from lying in this survey, whilst in other surveys people may have reasons for lying.

Not to mention in the "official habbox age poll", apparently the average age was 15 as oli said. My poll was done a year later, and so my results cannot be far off if they are.

If you think that I voted to get the results in my favour that is laughable as everyone knows I am older. I do think that not everybody is going to put their true age. Nothing I can prove but then you can't prove it the other way either. I never said anywhere that normal members don't count but staff/admins would be in a better position to know, that's all. It is you that has posted this thread saying there is a big misconception. I am saying that there isn't one because nobody has ever said that the majority of the forum is young just that when setting the rules one has to be mindful that there are younger members that come on the forum so I don't get the point of your thread. Either there is a huge misconception which is backed by some substantial evidence which you haven't provided or there isn't one. I back the latter. What actually is the point of the thread apart from telling us something we already know?

Eoin247
01-03-2011, 10:04 AM
If you think that I voted to get the results in my favour that is laughable as everyone knows I am older. I do think that not everybody is going to put their true age. Nothing I can prove but then you can't prove it the other way either. I never said anywhere that normal members don't count but staff/admins would be in a better position to know, that's all. It is you that has posted this thread saying there is a big misconception. I am saying that there isn't one because nobody has ever said that the majority of the forum is young just that when setting the rules one has to be mindful that there are younger members that come on the forum so I don't get the point of your thread. Either there is a huge misconception which is backed by some substantial evidence which you haven't provided or there isn't one. I back the latter. What actually is the point of the thread apart from telling us something we already know?

You are constantly changing your stance on a number of points. You told me that my first piece of evidense was invalid just because a staff member didn't say it. When i proved that staff do actualy say it, by quoting a very reliable member, you ignored it and continue to say i have no proof. I've shown a lot more proof for my argument that you have for yours, in fact you've have had nothing to back up your point at all? Why do people make surveys then Catzy? If they are as unreliable as you say they are. It has been proven that with surveys that the vast vast majority of people say the truth, especially in simple surveys like this.

So why did you vote 11 then? I suppose it was just by chance and that all the other incorrect decisions for trying to invalidate my poll just passed you by right...

I'm fed up of people not reading my earlier posts properly and then posting. I answered many of the questions i'm still being asked already, like why i made the poll. Actualy i think i said it a few times by now.

Catzsy
01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
You are constantly changing your stance on a number of points. You told me that my first piece of evidense was invalid just because a staff member didn't say it. When i proved that staff do actualy say it, by quoting a very reliable member, you ignored it and continue to say i have no proof. I've shown a lot more proof for my argument that you have for yours, in fact you've have had nothing to back up your point at all? Why do people make surveys then Catzy? If they are as unreliable as you say they are. It has been proven that with surveys that the vast vast majority of people say the truth, especially in simple surveys like this.

So why did you vote 11 then? I suppose it was just by chance and that all the other incorrect decisions for trying to invalidate my poll just passed you by right...

I'm fed up of people not reading my earlier posts properly and then posting. I answered many of the questions i'm still being asked already, like why i made the poll. Actualy i think i said it a few times by now.

He might be a reliable member but again I feel I am too and I have never seen any member of staff say what you quoted in the first post or anywhere near it. I repeat myself you have no evidence to back up your claims that there is a big misconception. I have looked through the whole thread and can't see exactly what your point is other than that. No. I voted 11 to show that it was easy to skew any results. Is there any reason you voted twice?

Eoin247
01-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I just checked and i did indeed say why i made this poll. I would quote it but it's very difficult on my phone. It's on the first few pages.

So either you didn't actualy look through the thread as you said you just did, or you are ignoring part if not all of some of my posts. And as i said in my previous post, funny it was 11 rather than any other age.

Catzsy
01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I just checked and i did indeed say why i made this poll. I would quote it but it's very difficult on my phone. It's on the first few pages.

So either you didn't actualy look through the thread as you said you just did, or you are ignoring part if not all of some of my posts. And as i said in my previous post, funny it was 11 rather than any other age.

Well you can call me a liar if you want and don't have to accept my reason for doing it. That's up to you. :P I stand by my reason. Also why have you voted twice in the poll? Funny you have failed to answer that point. :P I feel this thread has only been made to try to bring the 'filter' question back but avoiding feedback otherwise it doesn't tell us anything we didn't know and you could have just updated the poll thread otherwise. Before you say anything I am just as entitled to this view as you are to say I am a 'liar' and not accept my reason.

Eoin247
01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Well you can call me a liar if you want and don't have to accept my reason for doing it. That's up to you. :P I stand by my reason. Also why have you voted twice in the poll? Funny you have failed to answer that point. :P I feel this thread has only been made to try to bring the 'filter' question back but avoiding feedback otherwise it doesn't tell us anything we didn't know and you could have just updated the poll thread otherwise. Before you say anything I am just as entitled to this view as you are to say I am a 'liar' and not accept my reason.

How did i vote twice in the poll? Fair enough if you really meant it for the other reason. I just though it was a bit funny the way it was done. I don't want to make this thing personal by arguing about lying, so i'll leave it at that. I never once said anything though about bringing the filter back in to question in this thread. In fact i said very early on this was not in my intentions.

I suppose it has gotten to the stage where we are going to have to agree to disagree over this. I believe that there was a misconception and you don't. In the end i was just sharing my research, I don't really need or want to convince the entire forum.

Catzsy
01-03-2011, 03:23 PM
How did i vote twice in the poll? Fair enough if you really meant it for the other reason. I just though it was a bit funny the way it was done. I don't want to make this thing personal by arguing about lying, so i'll leave it at that. I never once said anything though about bringing the filter back in to question in this thread. In fact i said very early on this was not in my intentions.

I suppose it has gotten to the stage where we are going to have to agree to disagree over this. I believe that there was a misconception and you don't. In the end i was just sharing my research, I don't really need or want to convince the entire forum.

Well if you look at this list I think you will see that you have. :)

30 18.75% Andeeh Blacktux Caution Cheryl Chippiewill Dean Describe e5 eoin123 Eoin247 Fez FinalRide J25T Jaaaack! JACKTARD Josh! LMS16 Mathew Mikey Minion Monty NaughtyNemo Nikki Oleh purplejassie Rozi Special Stexual: The Don ZoDes 17 If you had wanted just to share your research then another posat in the original thread may have been the way to go. In any event - happy to agree to disagree on this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!