PDA

View Full Version : Luring?

T@R
27-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Anyone explain to me what it is/how it works?
I always remember luring as dropping 10k in level 1 wilde and watching people jump and get it thinking its like 10M or something...

lPinoy
27-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I think luring is when you trick someone and take them into a dangerous place like the wilderness with all their valuable items then kill them.

Slowpoke
27-02-2011, 05:02 PM
It's the Runescape equivalent of grooming

Richie
27-02-2011, 06:23 PM
The cash lure is very tricky, we have our ways but I'm not going to explain what we do specifically otherwise less people will fall for it. Gain someones trust on runescape and exploit it. Don't do it to friends that's just sad.

Kyle
27-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Don't do it to friends that's just sad.

And doing it to people that think that you're their friend isn't?

T@R
27-02-2011, 06:32 PM
The cash lure is very tricky, we have our ways but I'm not going to explain what we do specifically otherwise less people will fall for it. Gain someones trust on runescape and exploit it. Don't do it to friends that's just sad.
But with all these people posting vids about it surely people know?
But the essence of it is to gain somebody's trust, get them to come into the wilderness with their items and kill them?

Rashelly
27-02-2011, 08:00 PM
There's lots of luring ways, IMO if you're stupid enough to fall for one, you deserve to be lured... If only to teach you a lesson in common sense (that's a bit harsh, I know but... Some people need to make mistakes to learn).

Most lurers just say they're having a drop party, drop it in low level wild and have friends waiting ready to attack.
Then there's people who ask people to team PK with them, take them to the wild and have friends waiting to kill them.
Then there's ways to teleport others to the wild and/or lure them into multicombat areas etc

ROT
27-02-2011, 08:04 PM
i wanna do this but i am noob

Stephen
28-02-2011, 02:23 AM
But with all these people posting vids about it surely people know?
But the essence of it is to gain somebody's trust, get them to come into the wilderness with their items and kill them?

most of the people who fall for it are 10 year old kids (or younger) which is why it is pretty harsh cos the chances of them crying their eyes out when they get killed is very high and the chances of them committing suicide jumps up a few percent from neutral aswell.

I could never do it cos it's not like you're messing about with older people, you're using the stupidity of a little kid to get gold.. It's like earning a 10 year old's trust, going up to him and tipping him upside down and shaking all the money out of him (like you know in recess with marbles) then stabbing him abit.

Kids never learn

Richie
28-02-2011, 02:55 AM
And doing it to people that think that you're their friend isn't?

It's different, you just have to try to be genuine but actually not make a connection with the person LOL okay shut up you're right but still, thinking like that makes me feel better :P. I wouldn't lure a real friend though lol.

9y
28-02-2011, 12:14 PM
This lure was once created by Jojo3000 before the introduction to the wilderness ditch (This was the reason it was created).

Player A (The lurer)
Players B+C (Certain level Pkers)
Players D+E (Certain level Pkers)

The original method

Player A would organise to meet a player out side of the lumber yard, tell them to walk north, be trading right on the edge of the wilderness. This player would have initially been checked for player combat so that it matches players B C D or E. When the person said they were near player A would drop 10k in the wild. They would then be in the trade and player A would "accidentally" misclick to cancle the trade when the cash appeard on the ground. The victim would run in, get the 10k, get dropped. die. lose their items.

Reasons it doesnt work as well today is due to the ditch, everyone now knows exactly where the edge of the wilderness is so you can't just run in. there is also warning signs EVERYWHERE.

Items that you drop in the wild are instantly visible to all players. Thus showing that its being dropped by someone and more obvious to be lured.

Jojo3000 along with many other lureres created good ideas which are dead now, There is one that I'm still using today which works like a dream.

Check out this video from the good old days. This was known as mugger luring, you can't do this anymore.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vrplnt7w8

Callum.
28-02-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF-56HAjEpI

I remember seeing this one and laughing. Luring videos were cool, I never did it though.

9y
28-02-2011, 01:24 PM
lvl3 army was hilarious.

T@R
28-02-2011, 01:25 PM
This lure was once created by Jojo3000 before the introduction to the wilderness ditch (This was the reason it was created).

Player A (The lurer)
Players B+C (Certain level Pkers)
Players D+E (Certain level Pkers)

The original method

Player A would organise to meet a player out side of the lumber yard, tell them to walk north, be trading right on the edge of the wilderness. This player would have initially been checked for player combat so that it matches players B C D or E. When the person said they were near player A would drop 10k in the wild. They would then be in the trade and player A would "accidentally" misclick to cancle the trade when the cash appeard on the ground. The victim would run in, get the 10k, get dropped. die. lose their items.

Reasons it doesnt work as well today is due to the ditch, everyone now knows exactly where the edge of the wilderness is so you can't just run in. there is also warning signs EVERYWHERE.

Items that you drop in the wild are instantly visible to all players. Thus showing that its being dropped by someone and more obvious to be lured.

Jojo3000 along with many other lureres created good ideas which are dead now, There is one that I'm still using today which works like a dream.

Check out this video from the good old days. This was known as mugger luring, you can't do this anymore.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vrplnt7w8

Yeah I knew about this kind of luring, just didn't exactly understand how it works today

:.justben.:
06-03-2011, 08:04 PM
i lure alot ive lured about 10m in about 3 hours :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!