PDA

View Full Version : really scared

Judas
28-02-2011, 11:56 PM
ok i have got a slight thought that i might just be acting over the top and stupid, but i'm actually quite worried so i thought i would post anyway because i really don't want to take any risks

basically the past couple days i've started to feel quite bad. i've been feeling really hungry constantly, like REALLY hungry, even right after eating meals and everything. i've been so tired for the past week or so even with it being half term and sleeping for like 10 hours every day. especially today and yesterday i've felt quite dizzy. also last night i kept waking up because i was really thirsty and i was like downing loads of water but i still felt thirsty, and i've drank a lot today, also when i woke up i felt quite constipated and just had a lot of pain in my lower stomach. i've had to regularly pee as well.

so basically i was at a party on saturday and i kept going to the toilet and i was like "fgs i need to go for a piss so often ;l" and this guy said jokingly "maybe it's diabetes" and i was like "nah lol"

but then tonight i've just been feeling really bad so i looked it up and i've found that quite a few of those symptoms match what i've been going through, most of them for type 1, and on this website it says something about ketoacidosis which i've never heard of before:

"In type 1 diabetics, a condition called ketoacidosis is common. This occurs when acid compounds (ketones) form in the blood. If untreated, this can result in extremely serious complications and even death, but it can be the first indicator of the presence of type 1 diabetes."

does anyone have any advice for me? i think i'm certainly going to go to a doctor but i just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with diabetes that can help because i'm quite worried at the moment, thanks

The Don
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
GO TO THE DOCTORS.

No one here on habbox can guarntee you 100% what's wrong with you, it could be nothing, it could be really serious, nothing to lose getting it checked out.

Even if someone here does have diabetes and it sounds like what you've got, it may not actually be that :/

Judas
01-03-2011, 12:48 AM
yeah i am definitely getting it checked but i just wanted to get some reassurance from anyone that knows anything or just discuss it nd get it off my chest really

ben
01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Tell your parents they will help more then the forum

Chris
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Ive never heard of people eating more when they have diabetes, but I guess it's possible. Best to just see a doctor to be on the safe side. :)

Judas
01-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Tell your parents they will help more then the forum

thanks for your incredibly unhelpful post, obviously i have told my mum but read my previous post thanks

Ive never heard of people eating more when they have diabetes, but I guess it's possible. Best to just see a doctor to be on the safe side. :)

yeah that's what i thought i don't know if it has anything to do with it it, could just be down to growth or whatever but idk :/

ben
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
thanks for your incredibly unhelpful post, obviously i have told my mum but read my previous post thanks

yeah that's what i thought i don't know if it has anything to do with it it, could just be down to growth or whatever but idk :/

------------
*Removed*

Edited by Infectious (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless and rude posts!

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): It is strictly against the rules to remove a moderator's edit.

Technologic
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
You have the exact same symptoms as what i have (well not as much anymore im getting better)

Been in and out of hospital for tests and hopefully find out next week but they think its glandular fever or something stupid so chillax

NightRyder
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Excessive Eating

According to eMedicine Health, polyphagia or excessive diabetic eating happens because the insulin, whose job it is to stimulate hunger, will go into overdrive trying to compensate for the blood sugar being too high. The body will send signals to the brain that may make a person eat too much. A person will be also try to add energy to the body by eating more than usual, and may just end up losing weight.

^ google search lol =) because I couldn't remember if eating more had to do with the insulin our body creates or not.

But Harry as others have said your best bet is to book an appointment with your family doctor and get some blood work done to determine if you have it or not. I truly hope you don't and the best of luck! =)

Middlesbrough
01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
You have the exact same symptoms as what i have (well not as much anymore im getting better)

Been in and out of hospital for tests and hopefully find out next week but they think its glandular fever or something stupid so chillax

I had glandular fever when I was little and spent alot of time in hospital having tests for about 3 days, my leg locked completely up - don't think its something stupid :p
Dunno if it was because i was about 7 or what

Eoin247
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Glandular fever doesn't seem to be something to just disregard. I knew a person a while back who had to spen a lot of time away from school as a result of having it.

Chris
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Excessive Eating

According to eMedicine Health, polyphagia or excessive diabetic eating happens because the insulin, whose job it is to stimulate hunger, will go into overdrive trying to compensate for the blood sugar being too high. The body will send signals to the brain that may make a person eat too much. A person will be also try to add energy to the body by eating more than usual, and may just end up losing weight.

^ google search lol =) because I couldn't remember if eating more had to do with the insulin our body creates or not.

But Harry as others have said your best bet is to book an appointment with your family doctor and get some blood work done to determine if you have it or not. I truly hope you don't and the best of luck! =)

I stand corrected. From what you have listed, it sounds like it could actually be type 1 diabetes. :(

Type 1 Diabetes
Frequent urination
Unusual thirst
Extreme hunger
Unusual weight loss
Extreme fatigue and Irritability

Technologic
01-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Glandular fever doesn't seem to be something to just disregard. I knew a person a while back who had to spen a lot of time away from school as a result of having it.

No, it isn't. It's horrible and it's affected my exam resits badly, ive missed loads of school and i hated it.

GO TO THE DOCTORS.

Judas
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
oh dear i am scared just found that out as well

"Excessive hunger is noticed in case of marijuana intoxication, undiagnosed or poorly controlled diabetes, bipolar disease, hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, Grave's disease, tapeworms, etc."

:( hopefully gonna be able to book an appointment tomorrow

are my symptoms that of glandular fever as well then?

Chris
01-03-2011, 08:59 PM
oh dear i am scared just found that out as well

"Excessive hunger is noticed in case of marijuana intoxication, undiagnosed or poorly controlled diabetes, bipolar disease, hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, Grave's disease, tapeworms, etc."

:( hopefully gonna be able to book an appointment tomorrow

are my symptoms that of glandular fever as well then?

According to the NHS website, the glandular fever symptoms are:

Symptoms of glandular fever include:
sore throat,
fever with a temperature of, or above, 37.5°C (99.5°F),
swollen lymph nodes, particularly the glands in the neck or the armpit,
fatigue,
weakness,
swollen tonsils,
headache,
loss of appetite,
swollen spleen, and
skin rash.

It says loss of appetite is a symptom, but your having the complete opposite problem, I doubt it is glandular fever.

Judas
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
ohhh i see thank you

Judas
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
been to the doctors, it's not diabetes they apparently, i've just got a virus. however if it gets any worse i'm gonna have to get a blood test but thanks for all the advice :)

Chris
02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear it's nothing serious, hope it gets better soon! :)

Technologic
02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
to be fair you have only had symptoms for like.. 4 days. itll likely be nothing to worry about

Mathew
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Bit rude to disregard the help just because you're only looking for reassurance :P! He's exactly right, you shouldn't really have trusted or believed anything that's posted here (whether they're assuring you or not), you could be getting help from an 11 year old.

yeah i am definitely getting it checked but i just wanted to get some reassurance

On another note, glad to know it's nothing serious.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!