PDA

View Full Version : Ebay..

.Shaun,,
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I think this is the right place for this but anyway..

I recently bought an item of ebay, paid for it as soon as the bidding ended. I have received the item, but the seller has not accepted my payment, I messaged him asking if there was any problems.. No reply. It's been 2 days now since I sent the message to him, any ideas on what to do here? I have a receipt saying that I have paid and everything, i'm just hoping he doesn't give me bad feedback. :(

Suggestions?

+Rep to all useful answers.

Recursion
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Contact him on PayPal?

Just leave it, he'll have emails etc saying you've paid.

Lost_Addict
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I think hes more fussed about getting the money than leaving bad rep.

Wait for him to contact you as there is nothing more that you can do. and if he doesn't it's his loss.

Deak
01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
As said above, try contacting him and you cant do anything more than what you have.

You've paid, got your item and thats all thats needed and if he never clears the payment then you cant do nothing and it would be the sellers fault

AsFastAsYou
01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
1) I'm sure sellers can't leave negative feedback no more? As said here: http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html

Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay's attention.

2) If he leaves you negative feedback, simply you can make a 'Case' on ebay, and just say "Look, I've sent the money, Negative feedback requested to be removed" - I've had the same problem, and it got removed, and the seller, became very apologetic.

- Whatever you've done, DO NOT try and refund the money... You can get into some trouble over this.
Hope it helps ;)

N!ck
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Unless completely stupid, no seller will send the item before they receive payment. Just leave them feedback and move on.

Conservative,
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Do what others have said. You've got your stuff, you've paid, it's his problem. If he doesn't contact you and leaves bad rep, just contact ebay and put your case across.

.Shaun,,
01-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys.. He's finally accepted the payment but doesn't bother to message me back or even leave feedback how ignorant, lol.

T@R
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
free st00f plz
nice one
wish i got that luck

Jake
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Sellers can't leave bad feedback only positive and possibly neutral

AsFastAsYou
02-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Sellers can't leave bad feedback only positive and possibly neutral

Sellers can't leave neutral either now, Look at the link i've posted before :)

Glad it helped shaun.

-Danube-
02-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Glad you got it sorted, when buying on eBay i've had nothing but a great experience. But this is where it annoys me with eBay not allowing you to give buyers bad or neutral feedback.

I've sold quite alot on ebay in the past and you often get time wasting buyers and loads of other things, i've had worst experience with buyers than sellers. I dread to think what these 'Power Sellers' go through with being on eBay so much. It seems that without the threat of negative feedback, buyers feel they can do what they like. Obviously if they don't pay you can file a claim against them, but thats just a long drawn out process which takes a good week to complete.

Nick
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM
If there is anyway try contact like an owner of ebay if possible..?? :S

-Danube-
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
If there is anyway try contact like an owner of ebay if possible..?? :S

You can use the Contact Us function on Ebay to eventually get through to emailing a staff member at ebay. But in this case i doubt it's worth it.

Am i right in thinking you didn't pay by Paypal? When you pay by PayPal, eBay automatically updates as 'Payment Sent/Received' then the seller can set it as Dispatched once it has sent. He won't give you bad feedback because he will have seen you have paid BEFORE he sent the goods, it would be silly to send the items before you paid...

The seller will have just forgotten to mark as payment received thats all. But like others have said, Sellers cannot give bad feedback to buyers.

.Shaun,,
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
You can use the Contact Us function on Ebay to eventually get through to emailing a staff member at ebay. But in this case i doubt it's worth it.

Am i right in thinking you didn't pay by Paypal? When you pay by PayPal, eBay automatically updates as 'Payment Sent/Received' then the seller can set it as Dispatched once it has sent. He won't give you bad feedback because he will have seen you have paid BEFORE he sent the goods, it would be silly to send the items before you paid...

I did use Paypal to pay, On ebay it said I had not paid and the request was 'pending' on the seller.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!