PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to live where you live forever?

kuzkasate
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
So I'm wondering, do you want to live in the place you currently live, forever? By place I don't mean area, I mean city/country.

I'm not that sure on what to do in all fairness. I dont like living in Britain that much, certainly not in Manchester, I'd love to move to Russia and live there, but that depends on what career path I pick tbh. I'm pretty sure that I will have a lot of job opportunities there if I finish university here and get good results.

But yeah, if I completely fail in life and find myself completely skint with not enough money to move to Russia, I'd like to move to London :P

dirrty
01-03-2011, 08:04 PM
well after uni i wanna move to a bigger city for better job prospects. then once i've got enough experience/years in whatever field i go into, i wanna work/live abroad for a good couple of years. dunno where, but i wanna be a ho and get around

kuzkasate
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
well after uni i wanna move to a bigger city for better job prospects. then once i've got enough experience/years in whatever field i go into, i wanna work/live abroad for a good couple of years. dunno where, but i wanna be a ho and get around

yeah a lot of my friends are doing that, most of them are going to america, thinking they will have a better quality of life, cant wait to see the shock on their faces tbh

Banana Pancakes
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
After university I'll be apply to some firms that oversees offices in America, Canada or Australia.
Hate England so much now.

Conservative,
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Once I've gone to Uni I'll either work in London or America (New York probably). Then I'll see where that takes me.

AgnesIO
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
yeah a lot of my friends are doing that, most of them are going to america, thinking they will have a better quality of life, cant wait to see the shock on their faces tbh

Depending on what you do and where you go there, the quality of life could be better.

--

Would love to move back to Spain, although wouldn't turn down a move to America for better job prospects for Product Marketing

Sharon
01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NEVER i hate my area so much i would actually move up the country and never return right this moment! i don't have anyone to like or care about their all horrible :(

kuzkasate
01-03-2011, 08:27 PM
After university I'll be apply to some firms that oversees offices in America, Canada or Australia.
Hate England so much now.
seems like quite a good idea, i might go working into a company thats like international, which need people that speak fluent russian

Once I've gone to Uni I'll either work in London or America (New York probably). Then I'll see where that takes me.
any ideas what you want to do?

Depending on what you do and where you go there, the quality of life could be better.

--

Would love to move back to Spain, although wouldn't turn down a move to America for better job prospects for Product Marketing
well tbh, if you saw the type of people around here, then they definately wouldnt have better quality of life :P they are barely passing GCSE's, yet they are hoping of a massive house in NY, loads of money and the usual ********. most of these people are girls though

NO NO NO NO NO NEVER i hate my area so much i would actually move up the country and never return right this moment! i don't have anyone to like or care about their all horrible :(
so true, same around here, they just stick to their families because all their families live on the same street as them :P

buttons
01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
i really don't know
i want to move as far away as possible but most my family are here. i wouldn't want to stay in one place for too long anyway, i'd like to travel about but that's just a dream so idk :P

Conservative,
seems like quite a good idea, i might go working into a company thats like international, which need people that speak fluent russian

well tbh, if you saw the type of people around here, then they definately wouldnt have better quality of life :P they are barely passing GCSE's, yet they are hoping of a massive house in NY, loads of money and the usual ********. most of these people are girls though

so true, same around here, they just stick to their families because all their families live on the same street as them :P

Yeah, I want to be an investment banker, then hopefully move to hedge fund management at some point. $_$

AgnesIO

You are quite right then - they are hoping for a life they will never get.

Technologic
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I love where I live but i've been here 17 years (lol) and i'm going to uni in Devon for 5 years..., then probs training in the area so thatll be a change.

Rozi
01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
I can't really see myself settling down anywhere but London for atleast another 15 years, but I want to see what it's like to live in other countries, even if it's like for a few months :)

kuzkasate
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
i really don't know
i want to move as far away as possible but most my family are here. i wouldn't want to stay in one place for too long anyway, i'd like to travel about but that's just a dream so idk :P
same, but most of my family are in russia, thats why i want to move back to be honest, all my grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins, great grandmas and what not else, are all there, but my parents and sisters are here so i wouldnt want to leave them, quite confusing, but my mum wants to move back to russia at some point aswell, not sure on my dad

Yeah, I want to be an investment banker, then hopefully move to hedge fund management at some point. $_$
oh, sounds fun, atleast you've got an idea of where you wanna go, im still not sure!

You are quite right then - they are hoping for a life they will never get.
yeh its quite annoying to be honest, they are possibly the dumbest ****'s in the school and when i explain to them that their 'dream' will not happen and even when i explain my reasons, they are like 'so, ohwell' and its like they dont care, but hey, their choice i guess

I love where I live but i've been here 17 years (lol) and i'm going to uni in Devon for 5 years..., then probs training in the area so thatll be a change.
id love a change of scenery tbh, what you doing in uni?

I can't really see myself settling down anywhere but London for atleast another 15 years, but I want to see what it's like to live in other countries, even if it's like for a few months :)
yeah thats the best way to go about it tbh, it will be quite stupid moving to a country/city where you've never been and hardly know anything about

T@R
01-03-2011, 09:19 PM
South east England, outskirts of London, but not quite in with all the hustle and bustle.
I guess a lot of people would like to live where I live, but after 6 years I'm getting a bit bored.
I don't mind where I live, but I wouldn't mind moving more central (central London, not UK) and get involved a bit more!

Neversoft
01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
God no, I hate where I live. I want to move to a small country village where everyone knows everyone. I want to stay in the UK, although Japan looks very appealing to me. Perhaps a few years there, a few here. Who knows what could happen, do what you do, just keep on laughing. One thing's true, there's always a brand new daaaay.

Mark
01-03-2011, 09:39 PM
No, once I (hopefully) go to university and get a degree I would like to move to a bigger city, gain a job and maybe meet a life partner. If not then I would probably move overseas

Nemo
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
God no. I like my road and my house, but the surrounding area sucks balls. Its getting worse and worse recently and just doesnt feel safe, not an environment i want to live in for the rest of my life.

Perhaps central london is for me! Who knows.

wixard
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
i can't wait to leave
but theres nothing wrong with here, it's just not for me

Nicola
02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I like Manchester, I have grown up here but I don't want to live here forever. I don't entirely know where I want to live, maybe London. As long as I am happy and it's suitable for a job I want and other important things in my life then I don't mind. A lot of my family would be here in Manchester though and I know I would miss them a lot but life goes on and it's not like I would never see them. I am so used to being so close to my family though that I think it would be really hard to move away at first.

I don't think I would ever want to live abroad, not until I'm like and old lady at least.

JoeyK.
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I love living in Colorado, though I probably won't stay here forever - I'm not a fan of snow. I'll probably end up in the southeastern part of the US eventually.

lawrawrrr
02-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Live in london, can't wait to get away.
Wales for uni, california for semester abroad, florida placement, california get a job. Well that's the plan.

toribbz
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
sure, i like new jerseyy(;
but i'd love to live in new york or maybe a tad closer to nyc.
i live 45 minutes away, so i guess i can't ask for much more, LOL.

HotelUser
04-03-2011, 12:11 AM
I like where I live, and I love that I'm living in Canada. Maybe some day I'd move somewhere else for a job or something, but I think I would miss my family a lot.

Jessie
04-03-2011, 12:21 AM
I live in Somerset and it's quite nice depending on where you go but there's just not that much there. I would love to eventually live in France for my career.

kasi
04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
definitely not, i don't like halifax that much, it's too small for me
i'm moving to vancouver or calgary this summer. :)

JerseySafety
04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Staying in NZ.

NZ is beast :)

ChickenFaces
04-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh God no I hate this place with a burning passion.

Casio
04-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I dont like where I live, I would like to move further away from central London, as I only live 30 mins away, its a horrid environment :(

Conservative,
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I dont like where I live, I would like to move further away from central London, as I only live 30 mins away, its a horrid environment :(

Where abouts? (Dont mean to sound like a paedo, just curious because I live about 30 mins away).

I know I answered this once already but to stay on topic, I'd like to have houses in various places. Probably a main house in New York so I can work in Wall Street, then a few holiday appartments or houses in Paris, London, LA, Florida, Sydney, Rome, Geneva, Dubai, Tokyo, Moscow, Ibiza, Canary Islands, Madrid, Barcelona and New Zealand :) If I earn enough..

-Heart
04-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Nope. Looking to go back to Wolverhampton for uni ideally, but I definitely want to travel when I'm older - hopefully I'll be living in America.

JACKTARD
04-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I actually live in a pretty nice area but nah I'm a bit sick of it. Unless I was lucky enough to be able to travel a lot then I wouldn't mind but if not then I'd like to either move down to the South of England or abroad; France, Australia or Vermont.

jackass
04-03-2011, 04:43 PM
America, Australia or maybe London. Reason being, I am intending to start my own business. Although i'd be better off in China or India for that, i'm not too aware of the culture. ;)

wiktoria
05-03-2011, 08:08 AM
I would like to move to a different part of Manchester because if I ever have kids I don't want them growing up here because the area isn't nice AT ALL. I always wanted to move to a different country but I don't think I ever will.

camera
06-03-2011, 05:43 PM
yes i would. i have been to places and i dont think they can ever compare to where i am now.

FlyingJesus
06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I'd like to have houses in various places. Probably a main house in New York so I can work in Wall Street, then a few holiday appartments or houses in Paris, London, LA, Florida, Sydney, Rome, Geneva, Dubai, Tokyo, Moscow, Ibiza, Canary Islands, Madrid, Barcelona and New Zealand :) If I earn enough..

lol not aiming too high then :S

I like where I live (AND YES I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER) but I'd be good anywhere that I have my friends I guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!