PDA

View Full Version : How good are you at managing your money?

Nicola
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Are you good at managing your money or do you spend it without a care straight away?

I used to be really good at not spending my money and saving it up. I'm still not so bad now but I've noticed as I've got older I obviously have learnt more about what I want and I need more things. I still hate parting with my money at times but I spend it a lot more now than I used to. If I need to save for something important then I don't have a problem saving and I tend to only buy things that I need.

What about you?

dirrty
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
currently -1000 in my overdraft with no job, no more money until may, and spending nuff £££ a week suggests that i'm terrible at managing my money.

buttons
02-03-2011, 10:12 PM
all my money goes straight to my mum, usually when i get a big payment i end up spending every last penny

Conservative,
02-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Im pretty good, but as you have, I've noticed I've got worse as I've got older. When I was younger I used to save up for WEEKS/MONTHS for stuff that I really wanted. Now I spend my money on trivial things then borrow off my mum or Dad for stuff I really want.

But I can save, just not as well. Unfortunately my brother knows where I have all my money and I suspect him of nicking it because last week I had £20 in my wallet, and then £10 of it disappeared ;l

Nemo
02-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I have phases. Like a couple months back i went nuts and spent like £100 in a day or something, but now ive been saving. Still got a lot of my bday money from august last year.

Depends if i need anything really.

Rozi
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Lets not go there...

I'm absolutely terrible. I blame being piss poor while I was growing up so I like to spend money on stupid stuff (A)

Metric1
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I used to be really good, not so much anymore..

FlyingJesus
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
In debt, unemployed. Got a load of money through child bonds maturing and as soon as it went in started internet shopping. Luckily there was nothing on ebay I wanted

Inseriousity.
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm useless. It's not that I spend big, I spend little things like the odd packet of crisps or bottle of coke but it all adds up and I end up thinking 'hang on where've I spent all my money' In fact, I'm setting myself a budget as of now. I got my bank statement yesterday so ermm yeah I sorta need one :P (although thankfully I'm still living within my means for now so no debt... yet)

Chippiewill
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty terrible at money management, I spend money as soon as I have it. I'm definitely no money hoarder.

Alkaz
02-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately my brother knows where I have all my money and I suspect him of nicking it because last week I had £20 in my wallet, and then £10 of it disappeared ;l
Stealing from family is the worst thing anyone could do in my own opinion.

Anyway in general I am really good with money and I always have been. If for instance I'm going out for the day and I've got £100 in my pocket it doesn't bother me blowing it on what ever during the day as its money I've set aside specifically for that. But if I have money sitting there I generally wont really spend it as I know there will always be something more expensive that I'll want so I'll need the money and I'd rather that than spending it on pointless stuff that I wont get satisfaction from or have anything left at the end of the day.

Callum.
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
i'm bad for buying small things like subway and lilt.

cus i'm saving for summer, I let myself spend £10 a week unless i go out properly then it's a bit more. £250 per month into bank book account so i cant take it out easily like my card. as soon as i get paid i go to bank, then to my other bank and put it in. thats the only way i can manage my money, by not having much access to it aha.

Oleh
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
If its for something i really really want i can just keep from spending money (like my Logitech Z5500's spent weeks saving for them) but if its like £5 ill just throw £5 at it, regardless of consequences (other things like games no being able to afford)

Conservative,
02-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Stealing from family is the worst thing anyone could do in my own opinion.

Anyway in general I am really good with money and I always have been. If for instance I'm going out for the day and I've got £100 in my pocket it doesn't bother me blowing it on what ever during the day as its money I've set aside specifically for that. But if I have money sitting there I generally wont really spend it as I know there will always be something more expensive that I'll want so I'll need the money and I'd rather that than spending it on pointless stuff that I wont get satisfaction from or have anything left at the end of the day.

I know, he even admitted stealing roughly £80 from me over a year (and tbh that's pretty much all my money that I got at the time discluding birthday & christmas). I was really angry when my mum said he didn't have to give it back (coincidentally it was around his birthday so he just "happened" to have a bit more bday money than expected -.-).

The money my parents give me is for spending - which as I said in the previous post, I used to control but now I'm more laid back and just buy when I see something I want, but the money in my bank is for saving. That's how I see it. But I want to see how I can control myself once I get a job next year and have a small income coming in and I want to see whether I'll blow it all or save it.

Chippiewill
02-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I was really angry when my mum said he didn't have to give it back
Send the bailiffs round, that'll sort him.

.Shaun,,
02-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Am really good with my money, saved since I was 16 when i started my job. Roughly spent 500 quid in 2 years this is on games PS3 etc.. I guess it just goes on your personality and how you handle things.

Stephen
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
my mum and sister take any money I get and never give it back

e5
03-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm okay.... I don;t have a job but have a constant cash flow from my dad... I've never had like 0 monies.. i got like £100 now which hopefully ill keep... but one day ill just blow all that when im in a bad mood and regret it lol

-:Undertaker:-
03-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm very good at managing my money, I don't have a job but i've got £2400 saved up.

karter
03-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Lmfao I am terrible..

brandon
03-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Pretty good I got a good amount saved

ChickenFaces
03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
I save up a good amount of my paychecks and take less than 100 dollars out every once in a while.

I have like almost 600$ in the bank now from work. Which I think is pretty decent.

Ajthedragon
03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I always have at least £200 in my bank account so I'd say pretty good. I hate knowing I have nothing and try to make money where I can. :P I always look for cheaper deals and shop around too.

Jessie
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I have had about £600 in my bank for about 4 months and I only really spend it on things I want. I hate spending money on things I don't need :P

JACKTARD
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Before I spend anything I think of anything coming up which I'll need the money for and set it aside - I kept my £250 spending money for America to one side without touching it for about 8 months quite happily so yeah I'm pretty good with money, I'll give myself a budget for everything and keep an eye on my bank account so I can get what I want usually by sacrificing things elsewhere, I get my priorities sorted before I spend :)

Jake
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I cant save to save my life i get paid friday its gone within like 45 mins on nothing

Chris
03-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Im very good at money management, always saving my money from useless things that tempt me. :L

Narnat,
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't think I'm good with money. We ALL buy things we don't need and I think it's just because we want to own it even if we don't need it. Also I think that at some point everyone squanders their money.

Mathew
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I'd say I'm pretty good at managing my money. I never spend money in this country, I tend to save it all for holidays in the US, where I will generally only spend a bit. But hey, I'll thank myself in a few years :P

Mr-Trainor
03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I suppose I'm quite good :P. I don't spend much.

=Lizzy
03-03-2011, 06:38 PM
When I get money I put half into my bank and spend half.
With my paper round it goes straight into my bank and i haven't got any out yet so i have a bit in there

Hayleigh
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Well a year back I had a paper round every morning at 5am for a year £30 a week £15 to my mum for school dinners and such and £15 for me. Generally about three quarters of that I would spend that week so like £12 on makeup or essentials, leggings clothes etc then the spare money I would use to buy presents for parties and such. Not terrible but then again in my house me and my sister share stuff so I found myself buying more essentials then perhaps I should have to.

lawrawrrr
03-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Terrible. I get some money from my parents, but I don't have the time for a job (literally), I literally spend everything I have (mainly on food) but lately I buy clothes a lot, I basically have to buy everything myself. I'm terrified of running out of money at uni XD

Arron
03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I've just paid for a 10 day holiday to Turkey and spent a further £140 on clothes. I have £28 to last me all month and my Phone Contract goes out through Direct Debit on 17th March. So judging from that, I'm not good with money haha!

wiktoria
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm terrible I spend all of it whenever I go out and I never bring any change lol. I hate having my own money I prefer my mum buying me everything (A)

louder
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
i earn around £320 a month from work, and i get £20 a week ema.
so over a month i get about £400.
i never have any money and nothing to show for it either.

i'm terrible with money, and it's something i need to start being better at and fast.

Special
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
i'd say i'm good with money

if i don't need it, i won't buy it

HotelUser
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm okay with money. I don't have a massive income or anything so I normally don't have much to worry about spending :P

Rocks
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I only get money from my parents save it for clothes, etc

camera
06-03-2011, 05:41 PM
i usually keep my money in the bank so i wouldnt spend it. i cant have cash in hand, or i'd always end up spending it on food. thats where most of my money go to anyway. i hardly ever shop so that isnt really a problem for me. but yeah, i have a hard time saving my money. someone always end up wanting to borrow some from me ;/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!