PDA

View Full Version : When you die

Conservative,
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Are you going to donate any of your organs or whatever?

Just an interesting thing that came up in Citizenship today, whether we would be more willing to donate parts once we're dead than alive, and this thread came out of it.

Personally, I'd like to donate my heart, lungs and brain to scientific research, and kidney & liver to the NHS (if it still exists in 60/70/80 years).

But it's quite interesting to see what people are willing to donate. I would donate my eyes but as I wear glasses idk if they'll take them, and I would donate my heart & lungs but I feel they're better for scientific research because they're not exactly "healthy".

Rozi
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm a registered donor of all the standard things apart from my eyes I think. My eyes are crap anyway, and I don't want my body to visibly physically altered until I've decided if I want to be cremated or buried.

Jordan
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I remember when I was like 9 or something me and my mum signed up for this, So yeah I think I have, but if not I would still. Not like I'll need them :)

wixard
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
yes of course, what use would i have with them
i'll donate anything thats possible

Chippiewill
02-03-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't mind what they take as long as I remain aesthetically pleasing. Heck, take my eyes and put in marbles.

I'm not a registered donor though but I'll become one when I'm eighteen.

Stephen
03-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm registeredddddd

I didn't tick to donate my heart or eyes though cos I thought it would be weird for some strange reason :S Dunno

wiktoria
03-03-2011, 07:03 PM
I would like to donate anything that is possible :)

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I personally wouldn't have a problem with donating organs when i'm dead. I mean i'm dead so apart from them rotting away, nothing will happen to them otherwise.

I didn't know people donated eyes though

Fez
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I won't be needing them where I'm going (to go and beat God in a rap battle) so I'll just tick everything.

Gibs960
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I think when you die you should be left to R.I.P. and when you're being taken apart it's not really being left to be dead xD

Arron
03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
When I was filling out my Provisional Driving License form out it asked if I would like to become an Organ Donor and I ticked all the boxes. So morealess every single bit of me will be donated once my time is over.

Hayleigh
03-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Tbh im dead I dont need to breathe and god knows what else hopefully no one will open my coffin so heck I'll speak about it to my mum some time and arrange it but like i've wanted to do it for years

lawrawrrr
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
It's weird to think about, but once I register after I'm 18, I'll probably donate everything apart from my eyes - there's something about that which kind of makes it weird to me...

Jessie
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm donating everything possible to scientific research, I don't need it so I might as well give it up so someone can get some use out of it :)

chantellehugs
03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I didn't know people donated eyes though

It's not the whole eye, just the cornea I think. :)

I'm not sure if I'll become a registered donor when I'm older, it's not something I've given much thought to.

,Lexiilu
03-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't know yet! we haven't really talked about it in my family. I know my grandma is going to donate her entire body and I think it's great. there's a possibility that I will but idk and probably not my eyes either. I have horribly poor vision and plus that just seems weird but if they really want them then go ahead and have them!

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
It's not the whole eye, just the cornea I think. :)

I'm not sure if I'll become a registered donor when I'm older, it's not something I've given much thought to.

Ah ok :) That makes more sense, thanks

buttons
03-03-2011, 09:44 PM
tbh i want to keep mine. it's MINE, it's ME, i don't mean it in a selfish way but like i don't want to be living in someone else that just weirds me out. plus i don't think anyone would want mine lol

Oasis
03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
tbh i want to keep mine. it's MINE, it's ME, i don't mean it in a selfish way but like i don't want to be living in someone else that just weirds me out. plus i don't think anyone would want mine lol

Would you accept an organ transplant if you needed it?

I'm an organ donor.

& also a bone marrow donor.

PLEASE register. Check on the website & see if you can; you could save someone's life.

http://www.anthonynolan.org/

HotelUser
03-03-2011, 11:46 PM
In Canada when you get your driver's license they ask you if you want to donate your organs when you die (which come to think about it doesn't make driving sound very safe when you consider that they ask you that question).

I'm a donor. I don't care what happens to me when I'm not alive!

benjamin
03-03-2011, 11:48 PM
i've been a doner for nearly 4 years now, i signed up a few days after my friend died in a car accident - her mum decided to give her heart away and she saved the life of a little girl.

edit: i'm unable to join - from what i read of the criteria to join anyway. little bit of discrimination in there.

Callum.
03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Signed up a while ago. Also doing the marrow thing or w/e my mum signed me up to, ******** it if I match someone who needs it, but it's worth it + giving blood.

Stephen
04-03-2011, 02:32 AM
i've been a doner for nearly 4 years now, i signed up a few days after my friend died in a car accident - her mum decided to give her heart away and she saved the life of a little girl.

edit: i'm unable to join - from what i read of the criteria to join anyway. little bit of discrimination in there.

unable to join what??

kasi
04-03-2011, 03:33 AM
im not donating anything of mine, don't really like the thought of everything being taken out, even if i'm dead
**** that

Catzsy
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I am already registered. I really don't understand why anybody has to even think twice about this. What use is our body to us when we pass on?

buttons
04-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Would you accept an organ transplant if you needed it?

I'm an organ donor.

& also a bone marrow donor.

PLEASE register. Check on the website & see if you can; you could save someone's life.

http://www.anthonynolan.org/
no i wouldn't tbh it freaks me out

Stephen
04-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm registeredddddd

I didn't tick to donate my heart or eyes though cos I thought it would be weird for some strange reason :S Dunno

k carrying on from my prev post

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AWAY YOUR HEART? WHAT IF YOU DIE WHILE IN A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP? The person you just left may kill themselves knowing that you just took your heart back from them and gave it to someone you don't even know or love

That's asking for trouble

Metric1
04-03-2011, 02:36 PM
As much as I cringe at the fact of being cut up and having my organs removed, I'm dead, I won't feel it and maybe I can make a difference in somebody's life :)

JACKTARD
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't like the thought of it tbh.

I'd donate a kidney when I'm alive and I'd happily give blood but I don't want to be messed about with when I'm dead

Jessicrawrr
04-03-2011, 05:49 PM
i'd donate everything apart from my eyes, dunno why my eyes but it'd freak me out knowing someone could have my eyes :P

Narnat,
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Yep I am. Myself and my sister are donors I don't see why I shouldn't donate them I mean what good are they underground! :P

e5
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
If I was dead id donate everything

Johno
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not currently a registered donor because like some other people, the thought scares me a little. But when I get a little older, I reckon I will.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!