PDA

View Full Version : DSi or DSiXL/LL?

,elaboratedolls
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Please don't shout at me about the new 3DS coming out around this month (I do want it, but I only want like 2 games for it, PL of course ;)). Costs are according to Amazon.co.uk as of 3/3/11. LL is the Japanese name for the XL.
Anyway, I've had a DS Lite, in green to be exact, got it for my birthday, for around a year and a half now. But since my birthday was in June, my new DS Lite was quickly replaced by the new, at the time, DSis. I've had a fun time using my DS Lite, playing Professor Layton and stuff, but I think it's time for an upgrade.
I've had my eye on the Wine Red, or Burgandy, DSi XL/LL, merely because of the gorgeous color and the massive screens, since I want to watch the scenes of the PL games like I'm in my own little cinema. I quite like the DSiware feature, access to the internet, the camera, those few games built in, I think there are 2 Dr. Kawashima games and there's another game which I can't remember of yet, and lastly the Flipnote Studio. The amazing side to this is the 4.2 inch screen, which is apparently 93% bigger than the DS Lite. With all these excellent features, it costs £124.99 and free delivery. But will I need this monster with my tiny hands, I travel quite a bit as well, and it's not meant to be very portable.
But then again, there's the Nintendo DSi. Pretty much the same as the XL/LL but only an inch smaller, 3.2 inches. I've received a liking to the white DSi, but to cover up all that plainness, I'm probably going to buy some shells (on this site based in New York I found some pretty sweet PL shells, one in brown and one in pink). Why I'm hesitating about the DSi? I'm not sure if it will have all of the same built in features as the XL/LL, like the Kawashima games and the Internet. I've done quite a bit of research about the XL but I can hardly find any about the original DSi. According to Amazon, it costs £99.99, which is meant to be £50 off.
So what should I go for? Keep my DS Lite, buy the DSi and buy some shells to go with it or buy the XL. But please spare a thought about my poor little hands, they're not exactly fit to carrying around large amounts of weight.

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Well out of those options i'd go for the normal dsi.

That said if i had a ds lite or earlier i would just save up for a 3ds. The 3ds really looks fantastic, if i didn't already have a dsi it would be a sure buy for me. Not that i definetaly won't buy it still.

Johno
03-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I would say wait for the 3DS, I played with one and it was really fantastic - but if you really don't want one, I would just go for the normal DSi.

Ajthedragon
04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't see you motives though, just wait for the 3DS. :P

HotelUser
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't see you motives though, just wait for the 3DS. :P

I would first say this, but if you have your heart set on getting something now I'd go with the one with the absolute biggest screen. Those are cool.

,elaboratedolls
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm more convinced on buying a normal DSi, even though I would like the 3DS and/or the XL. But my hands are midget sized, and it needs to be practical so I'm close to ruling out the XL.
I only want 2 games for the 3DS, so there would be no point to buy one, plus it's meant to come out in like 23 days or something like that.
But before I actually do order my DSi (if I do get one that is!) I want to do some last minute checking if I really want to upgrade my DS. I should be getting a DSi sometime this month or next month, if I do decide I want one and happen to have enough money for it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!