PDA

View Full Version : Habbo on ipads and ipods by end of year

smiffy70
03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
posted on puh twitter

http://twitter.com/Puhekupla_com

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
I think it would be an app rather than the actual client.

Jordan
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
This would be good, goodluck to them... doubt it will be what we all expect

Michael
03-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow I'm thinking it will be rubbish because of small screen but it may just be you can check messages, talk on chat look at news feed etc

AgnesIO
03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Who is Dimix20

smiffy70
03-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Tbh, by the end of the year, if apple doesn't have flashnon an ipad or w.e they have seriously failed

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Tbh, by the end of the year, if apple doesn't have flashnon an ipad or w.e they have seriously failed

Apple will never get flash on ipods, iphones or ipads unfortunately. Steve Jobs seems to be adamant that he won't do it.

HotelUser
03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Where is their source?

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Hmm there actualy doesn't seem to be a reliable source. Unless this Dimix person is French habbo staff?

Conservative,
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
They have "Bobba bar" or whatever it is so I wouldn't be surprised.

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
They have "Bobba bar" or whatever it is so I wouldn't be surprised.

Bobba bar is probably a reason why they wouldn't make the client mobile. Wouldn't want them competing with each other even if some of the ages using it are different. Bobba bar only came out about a year or so ago i think.

I think having a full client as an app is unrealistic. However ingame chat as an app, or browsing room names/friends would work and wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do.

Conservative,
03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Bobba bar is probably a reason why they wouldn't make the client mobile. Wouldn't want them competing with each other even if some of the ages using it are different. Bobba bar only came out about a year or so ago i think.

I think having a full client as an app is unrealistic. However ingame chat as an app, or browsing room names/friends would work and wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do.

I think I tried bobba bar once, or a friend did or something because I remember it saying you gotta be 17+ lol. But yeah as you said ingame chat and stuff would be feasible.

Eoin247
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think you have to be 17+, because when it first came out me and a few friends signed up to it. I suppose we might have just avoided by entering wrong info though ;)

Anyway I don't use it anymore because it works terribly on my phone also in general i find it lacking. The ingame chat would be the main thing i want for a habbo app. If that's implemented, i wouldn't really mind too much about the other stuff.

Mr-Trainor
03-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I highly doubt it'd be the whole client, not on an iPod Touch/iPhone anyway! It's likely to be more like the Habbo toolbar but with other features, like viewing their webpages (news, credits, groups, homepages). Then what was on the toolbar (friend requets, messages). It might have things like friend management and Habbo help as well.

Dimix20
04-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi guys ;)
This information come from : http://technaute.cyberpresse.ca/jeux-video/201102/27/01-4374408-jeux-video-les-createurs-rassembles-pour-discuter-jeux-sociaux-et-internet.php

It's in french, I translated the important part for u :

"Parmi les éditeurs, Habbo Hotel, propriété du finlandais Sulake qui s'adresse particulièrement aux jeunes et adolescents, annonce des versions pour tablettes pour la fin de l'année, quand l'iPad d'Apple sera concurrencé par de nouveaux appareils fonctionnant avec le système Android Honeycomb de Google: son vice-président Teemu Huuhtanen est convaincu que «les jeux sociaux vont migrer sur les tablettes"In english :
Among the editors, Habbo Hotel (Sulake Finland) announced that they will release a Habbo version for iDevices (iPad, iPhone and iTouch) before the end of the year, when Apple iPad will compete with new devices running with the Google Android Honeycomb.

You can contact me on twitter here (http://www.twitter.com/Dimix20)
Dimix20
EDIT : and no i'm not a staff^^

karter
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
buys an ipad now. :|

iBlueBox
04-03-2011, 04:02 PM
A full in client game on any iOS device wont work, maybe a small version for the iPad.

What would work, and be great would be,

If they had a Game Application, what you could get, log in with your habbo account, and be able to play classic battle ball and snow storm against other players. That would be pretty amazing and could work.

habbojack
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
it would be a great idea.. i was thinking of that the other daay.

Mark
04-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Competing? Both are run by the same company and in my opinion, Bobba Bar is a fail.

All I can say about this is, wait and see. I can't see v1 of this working so I guess all we can do is wait

RockyHorror
05-03-2011, 01:00 AM

They will not implement flash for a number of reasons, for example the Apple app store would be rendered useless because games could be created using Flash and uploaded.

Habitacion
05-03-2011, 01:38 AM
i want habbo in my iphooone! but it would hold all memory..

-Vinnie.
05-03-2011, 02:12 AM
This would be good, goodluck to them... doubt it will be what we all expect

I expect **** from Sulake, so if you say so, I hope so! :) :P

---------- Post added 04-03-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

By the way, I dont know How dumb some people can be, but i'm just simply going to say TeamViewer App on iphone.itouch.ipad. And TeamViewer On computer. Just think about that then when you got it PM me.. :P

In the meantime I'll make a topic on it. :P

GirlNextDoor15
05-03-2011, 03:10 AM
no wayyyy. that's so cool! :)

Fiendly
05-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Well some phones can implement flash, they might do some update for the v2 iPad.. (Might/might not have flash??)

Anyways, would be good to see what happens.. But I'm still waiting for an android app! >:(

Dimix20
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Sulake recruited some Java coders a few weeks ago, and a java test hotel opened too.
So maybe the mobile version will be in Java.
Dimix20

AgnesIO
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Sulake recruited some Java coders a few weeks ago, and a java test hotel opened too.
So maybe the mobile version will be in Java.
Dimix20

Who are you exactly?

Dimix20
05-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I am Dimix20 (http://www.habbo.fr/home/Dimix20)
Reporter on Puhekupla.com

Elegance
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
they should do it on android phones :|
but yeah, it seems pretty cool :)

Nuxty
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
This looks pretty good if it does happen, its going to be interesting seeing how it all works out though. I'm trying to wonder how it would work though, they'd have to make rooms super small if they were to allow client access using these devices!

Ajthedragon
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
This would be an awesome feature, I guess habbo have to try and salvage as many users as they can.

Eoin247
09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Competing? Both are run by the same company and in my opinion, Bobba Bar is a fail.

All I can say about this is, wait and see. I can't see v1 of this working so I guess all we can do is wait

Exactly my point. They are run by the same company so why would they create competition for bobba bar.

Well some phones can implement flash, they might do some update for the v2 iPad.. (Might/might not have flash??)

Anyways, would be good to see what happens.. But I'm still waiting for an android app! >:(

Apple will never get flash unfortunately. Steve Jobs is under the impression that flash is old technology and will die out pretty soon. Also he doesn't like adobe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!