PDA

View Full Version : Osteoarthritis of the knee?

efq
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I have Osgood-Schlatter Disease, so I have quite large bumps under my knee. My right one has swollen quite a lot it looks very noticable looking down on it. When I go upstairs my knee sometimes locks and its extremely painful, causing me to collapse on the stairs then continue. But today I was walking in general and it just locked, completely and stayed like that for a good while and now it keeps happening whenever i try to move even a bit normally.
Its tender to touch, stiff, creaky most the time and they always seem to give way.

I played football from the age of 10 and kick around a lot before that. I played for an official sunday league for 5 years, I never missed a game and was never rested because they depended on my short twitch muscles that made me the fastest player in the league, I was a sweeper so I was covering all the defense as a last man attempt. I was fastest than anyone in my school as well, so its just a rough idea of the speed I was covering when I was playing football.

So for 5 years continiously, my legs were in intensive usage 3-4 times a week for 2 hours each session for training and 3 hours on a Sunday for the game as well as I did jogging daily. So football was 11 hours a week and an hour for every day of jogging in the morning (minus Sunday) so 17 hours a week.
I think that because I was never subbed off, my legs never got the chance to relax and heal and that has caused some problems.

I am wondering if its Osteoarthritis and whether going to a doctors? Because I read key hole surgery is the treatment in some cases and considering the severe pain and instability I have I thought it didn't look good.

Anyone had anything similar?

Stephen
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
You seem to have everything wrong with you.. You sure you ain't just a hypochondriac?

efq
05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
I've had problems in the past few years that have weakened my body and immune system, that's why.

If you want a list of my current problems I'd happily share but you'd be here all day.
You seem to have everything wrong with you.. You sure you ain't just a hypochondriac?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!