PDA

View Full Version : Teaching minecraft

Trinity
05-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Have any of you tried teaching someone else (especially someone young) how to play minecraft?
If you have, how did you manage to do it?
My 7 year old sister is making me teach her now and I have honestly never done anything more frustrating.

Also, how did you guys learn to play? That might help me out a bit.

Nemo
05-03-2011, 09:25 PM
show them some let's plays

Trinity
05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
show them some let's plays

I've tried finding some of them for my sister, but I can't find any that cover the absolute basics, like when to right click and when to left click and basic building guidelines and stuff. I guess I'll have to get her through those bits and then find some good videos for her to watch.

Nemo
05-03-2011, 10:11 PM
http://www.minecraft.net/help.jsp

TA DA

Trinity
06-03-2011, 12:18 AM
http://www.minecraft.net/help.jsp

TA DA

Ooo why have I never seen that page? Thank you muchly, I'll direct her to those videos tomorrow, hopefully that will shut her up. I tried threatening her, but she's not scared of me :(

HotelUser
06-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Once the iPad version comes out I'm hoping to find someone nice enough here to show me the basic ropes of Minecraft. Well, I should say, once it comes out for the iPad and once I'm able to scrounge up enough cash to buy it.

Josh
06-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Once the iPad version comes out I'm hoping to find someone nice enough here to show me the basic ropes of Minecraft. Well, I should say, once it comes out for the iPad and once I'm able to scrounge up enough cash to buy it.

Don't buy it or try it until you have free time. :P You will get addicted.

Recursion
06-03-2011, 09:32 AM

I think the iPad version will be a let down, you should just stick to the PC/Mac version ;)

Firehorse
06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I thought the ipad version was already out? A mate showed me it the other day. (Unless he has a leaked version, his ipad is jailbroken afterall).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!