PDA

View Full Version : Never going to buy anything from godaddy :@

Firehorse
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a domain with them and they're not letting me transfer it deliberately until after the renewal date so that I pay to renew it with them :/

This should be made illegal!

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Technology Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

GommeInc
06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I have a domain with them and they're not letting me transfer it deliberately until after the renewal date so that I pay to renew it with them :/

This should be made illegal!
I'm fairly certain it is :/ You technically hold the right to the domain, not the registrar/tagholder - they only really hang on to it for you. Who are you transferring to? You might be able to ask them for advice, because I'm quite sure what GoDaddy is doing is wrong.

N!ck
06-03-2011, 09:37 PM
How long until expiry? Transfers generally take around 5 days.

Firehorse
06-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Expires on the 15th, so I left a week and a day or so for transfer. Also i'm transferring to namecheap.

HotelUser
06-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I bought a domain from them and I had the pleasure of randomly being picked to validate that I am who I said I was so they suspended my account and requested that I take a picture and upload my government ID to them.

I'm never doing business with them again. Dotall all the way.

Firehorse
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
They're now asking for the last numbers of my credit card even though i've never bought anything with a credit card... They're seeming pretty unprofessional to me at the moment, you'd think they'd at least be able to see my account id without needing to ask.

-Vinnie.
07-03-2011, 12:21 AM
That is there Terms & Conditions. Didn't you read them before you bought it? -_-

Firehorse
07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
That is there Terms & Conditions. Didn't you read them before you bought it? -_-

What was in the T&C?

-Vinnie.
07-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Terms.
And Conditions, Duh.

WHADDYA THINK I READ ALLL THAT!

your out of you mind! :D :P

But seriously, your problem is what would be stated in the terms and conditions.

i.e. "blah blah blah cant transfer domain until renewal, blh blah blah"

Recursion
07-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Now that you've learnt your lesson, just stick to 123-Reg and Namecheap for your domain needs like I do.

Firehorse
07-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Terms.
And Conditions, Duh.

WHADDYA THINK I READ ALLL THAT!

your out of you mind! :D :P

But seriously, your problem is what would be stated in the terms and conditions.

i.e. "blah blah blah cant transfer domain until renewal, blh blah blah"

I didn't mean the terms itself I meant which particular part of the terms. You stated that it is their terms so i'm assuming you must know them.

Now that you've learnt your lesson, just stick to 123-Reg and Namecheap for your domain needs like I do.

I didn't register it myself, I bought from another person and now they're giving me a hard time taking it from them :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!