PDA

View Full Version : How long will I be without internet?

Describe
07-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm changing ISP's from Virgin Media to Sky, I don't know what the Sky technician is coming up to do today, I was only told that we were changing ISP's and that we were going to Sky. If I will be without internet, how long will it be for?

Agnostic Bear
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
You wont be, it'll be an instant change. Although I'd imagine your service levels are about to fall through the floor, Sky are terrible compared to Virgin if you're in a cable area.

Describe
07-03-2011, 12:22 PM
You wont be, it'll be an instant change. Although I'd imagine your service levels are about to fall through the floor, Sky are terrible compared to Virgin if you're in a cable area.
I'm well aware of that fact and I've argued my case however my mum insists due to costs, **** you debt!

peteyt
07-03-2011, 01:40 PM
When I changed from Sky to 02 and gave over my mac code i was down for a bit.

Recursion
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Not necessarily.

Generally you won't notice it, but sometimes you can get a few hours of downtime (assuming they're actually somewhat organised).

Agnostic Bear
07-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Not necessarily.

Generally you won't notice it, but sometimes you can get a few hours of downtime (assuming they're actually somewhat organised).

If the Sky technician was coming you'd assume he would put the internet through there and then.

Recursion
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
If the Sky technician was coming you'd assume he would put the internet through there and then.

Depends what's happening. Sometimes the new ISP will need to fiddle around at the exchange or put the migrations through their system. When we moved from Eclipse to BT we had about an hour's worth of downtime.

AgnesIO
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
From TalkTalk to BT I was down for two weeks.

[Chris]
09-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Virign dont use Mac codes apparently. So yeah. You should be able to cancel the Virgin Media internet AFTER you get your Sky Broadband. Im not sure?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!