PDA

View Full Version : Singing

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry if In wrong place, didn't lknow where to post.

Today at school the head of school said we're having a school talent show. I thought ''I'M GONNA ENTER.'' I was gonna do singing. All my mates say I have a good voice aswell as my mom. The only thing, im so scared of singing infront of the pupils (If I get through) I'm kinda scared at singing infront of the teachers (For orditions.)

What should I do? Over come my fear and let out my real personality or keep it quite?

(I'm not gonna sing on skype to anyone xD)

Thread moved by AidenFTW24 (Forum Moderator) From 'Health, Life and Relationships', because i feel its more suited here

Nemo
07-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Well first, id check u actually have a good voice, friends and parents tend to be over nice about things like that

And if u actually do, then yeah go for it why not, maybe get a friend who can also sing/play an instrument to do it with you for some extra support

Stephen
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah get some friend to play the bongos in the background or something

Alex3213
07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Well first, id check u actually have a good voice, friends and parents tend to be over nice about things like that

And if u actually do, then yeah go for it why not, maybe get a friend who can also sing/play an instrument to do it with you for some extra support

Yeah I agree with all of this really as harsh it sounds. How you check is up to you but seriously check beforehand.
I also agree with the bottom part too, I've played the piano to accompany the vocalist a few times and it does help. Even if they can play a few chords, it makes you in pitch (although the notes might not be the same you'll be able to work it out) and also in time. Make sure you rehearse enough but not overboard if you want to go for it!

One thing I would say though is that you mentioned you were a bit scared about the audition process. Remember it is a talent show and that'll mean there'll be teachers there as well as many students so it's your choice to call! I used to have stage fright when I was younger and doing these things really helped however some people don't think it's the best idea in the world and prefer more relaxing techniques.

@above: would be funny if chris (neversoft) played the bongos for you :p

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
How can I tell If I sound good? Recording wouldnt be helpful tbh, it kinda changes yaa voice...

Stephen
07-03-2011, 04:29 PM
sing to us on skype :love:

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 04:34 PM
It would change your voice though...

Jessicrawrr
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I think the only thing to know your any good, is to sing to someone you don't know irl and they'll give you a honest opinion.
Or audition and see where you get, you never know you might get through :)

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Gonna ask my mum to tell me the truth. LOL

Chris
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Definitely check before you go to audition. Other than that, just have confidence in yourself when you sing. :)

Stephen
07-03-2011, 04:38 PM
just say to her.. do you think I have a good voice? Because if you're lying to me then I'm gonna go do something that could make me the most embarrassed I've ever been and ever will be so tell me the truth now *****

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Im gonna sing Adele Someone Like You.

I Have loads of time to practice, its in june xD

Conservative,
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I felt like this the first time I auditioned for my school show. I was really nervous and even messed up the words a little but teachers understand how hard it is the first time and so don't generally criticise too harshly.

If you're actually a good singer, then by all means go for it. However don't be disappointed if you get in.

Find a song that suits your voice and then practice it over and over.

Maybe record yourself and post it on here for some CC? Idk, but basically go for it as long as you're prepared for disappointment.

And if you do get through, face your fears. I remember the first time I stepped onto the stage I was bricking it, but your adrenaline quickly kicks in and once you get into the song you can just shut out the crowd and sing your best. And when fit girls see you the day after and say "hey you were really good last night" (yeah happened to me ;)) then you know it's worth it.

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Doing Jason Mraz - Im Your's

I Know it better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl88QEll-Xc

Conservative,
07-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Doing Jason Mraz - Im Your's

I Know it better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl88QEll-Xc

You gotta have a particular voice for that, otherwise it sounds...wrong. I think you should record yourself and post it here because people will give CC.

tylermunjkt
07-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I will after tea...

FlyingJesus
07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
@above: would be funny if chris (neversoft) played the bongos for you :p

lmao maybe 5 people on the entire forum will get that :P

Anyway yeah getting a recording up would be a good idea - obv you don't know us irl so no need to be at all shy about it, and we'll either get to listen to a musical genius or have a laugh so everyone's a winner because you'll get more genuine feedback from a bunch of strangers than from friends and family who tend to hype up talents beyond what they really amount to

Narnat,
08-03-2011, 07:14 PM
What about Singing lessons? and I'm sure they would tell you the truth.

AgnesIO
08-03-2011, 09:13 PM
What about Singing lessons? and I'm sure they would tell you the truth.

Bit extreme for a talent show..

--

Upload on here. I wouldn't bother listening to most people on here though. Listen to me, Mathew and NaughtyNemo and you will get an honest response.

Conservative,
08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Bit extreme for a talent show..

--

Upload on here. I wouldn't bother listening to most people on here though. Listen to me, Mathew and NaughtyNemo and you will get an honest response.

And me? I'll be honest.

wiktoria
09-03-2011, 01:51 PM

This
If you do have a good voice have confidence in yourself and just pretend nobody is watching you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!