PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] First Signature (Lil.Ice.Kid)

Partian
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
So ever since Nick (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=75119) made my signature (removed due to dimension's over sized for my current group) I wanted to get back into Alterations however I don't have the time nor patience nomore so I decided to attempt at making a signature, which this will be my FIRST ever signature I have created.

Please tell me what you LIKE about it and what you DISLIKE about it, also what I can APPROVE on.

http://i.imgur.com/AZpDp.jpg

Thanks
-Ryan

Aidenn
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
i reccomend making the max height 150, therefore it will be within for forum limits for all user groups,

I like it however i dont think the last 2 fonts; 'Radio DJ' and 'Habboxlive' are using the appropriate font.

Richie
10-03-2011, 06:08 PM
The image doesn't appear for me.

Partian
10-03-2011, 06:13 PM
i reccomend making the max height 150, therefore it will be within for forum limits for all user groups
I made a new template which is within the guidelines of the forum signature rules.

I like it however i dont think the last 2 fonts; 'Radio DJ' and 'Habboxlive' are using the appropriate font.
I used 'Radio DJ' black capital letters as it would stand out, I was going to do it green for Habbox Staff legend colour.
For the 'HabboxLive' I seen the cyan/sky blue colour of it and immediately liked it, I did find the 'hollies' underneath and it gives it a festive cheer as ice is appeared in winter and hollies are in Christmas.

But thanks for the feedback, I will keep it in mind.

-Ryan

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 06:15 PM ----------

The image doesn't appear for me.
It works for everyone else, heres a link to it instead;
(IMGUR ftw)

-Ryan

Andy-
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
- It's a good start but I would, change some of the font as it doesn't suit the signature.
- Change border colour to a lighter blue

Question is it saved under a .PNG file.

Overall good start :)

Aidenn
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I made a new template which is within the guidelines of the forum signature rules.

I used 'Radio DJ' black capital letters as it would stand out, I was going to do it green for Habbox Staff legend colour.
For the 'HabboxLive' I seen the cyan/sky blue colour of it and immediately liked it, I did find the 'hollies' underneath and it gives it a festive cheer as ice is appeared in winter and hollies are in Christmas.

But thanks for the feedback, I will keep it in mind.

-Ryan

The reason why i dont exactly like the black font was because it didnt really fit well into the theme i thought.

I also understand the reason behind the 'Habboxlive' but the reason why i posted that was because i associated it with Summer.

I like how you tapped into his DJ Name and used it to your advantage, + you also gave a visual (with the ice boulder + ice font) which correspondes with his dj name =]

Chris
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I like the background image but I don't think the text fits in with the theme very well at all. It's best to stick to one font that will fit the theme rather than having 3. :)

Partian
10-03-2011, 06:28 PM
The reason why i dont exactly like the black font was because it didnt really fit well into the theme i thought
Yeah I kind of understand now, I may re-edit it later and add maybe cyan/sky blue to it with a black outline and make it stand out.

I like how you tapped into his DJ Name and used it to your advantage, + you also gave a visual (with the ice boulder + ice font) which correspondes with his dj name =]
Thanks, I try to match things with either there name or there hobby.
if else all fails, I add a nice HD background and add a bit of modern text to it.

Thanks
-Ryan

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 06:29 PM ----------

I like the background image but I don't think the text fits in with the theme very well at all. It's best to stick to one font that will fit the theme rather than having 3. :)

To be honest, the reason why I did three different fonts was because I thought it would be very bland however, again. Looking back at it, I could do the first font, two more times and it will look nice.

Thanks for the comment
Ryan

Lamz
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
So ever since Nick (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=75119) made my signature (removed due to dimension's over sized for my current group) I wanted to get back into Alterations however I don't have the time nor patience nomore so I decided to attempt at making a signature, which this will be my FIRST ever signature I have created.

Please tell me what you LIKE about it and what you DISLIKE about it, also what I can APPROVE on.

Thanks
-Ryan

I Like It :)

The Only Thing i wud say needs editing is is the fonts of "RADIO DJ" & "HabboxLive" :D

Partian
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I Like It :)

The Only Thing i wud say needs editing is is the fonts of "RADIO DJ" & "HabboxLive" :D
Yeah, like the others say.I will keep it to the top font

Thanks
Ryan

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 07:02 PM ----------

- It's a good start but I would, change some of the font as it doesn't suit the signature.
- Change border colour to a lighter blue

This is a very neat idea, I will use it now.

Question is it saved under a .PNG file
Nope, JPEG. is PNG better?

Overall good start :)

Partian
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
So I kind of took everything into account, and edited the signature and this is the final result, I added two properties and also a twin colour boarder.
--------------------------------------
New font, makes it look nicer, the snow/iced one was to powerful with the spaces.

again, tell me what I can prove on - I am trying to get good.
http://i.imgur.com/JQCpH.png
(I was going to re-edit it and then move the DJ space ICE to palce it where the space is to the snowflakes.
But I cant be bothered and I have to DJ soon!

Andy-
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
So I kind of took everything into account, and edited the signature and this is the final result, I added two properties and also a twin colour boarder.
--------------------------------------
New font, makes it look nicer, the snow/iced one was to powerful with the spaces.

again, tell me what I can prove on - I am trying to get good.
http://i.imgur.com/JQCpH.png
(I was going to re-edit it and then move the DJ space ICE to palce it where the space is to the snowflakes.
But I cant be bothered and I have to DJ soon!

It looks better than your first attempt, if you move the DJ ICE bit so that it aligns witht he rest of the text it will look good, Did you save it under a different file as it seems clearer.

Partian
10-03-2011, 09:13 PM
I have OCD so everything has to be aligned into the centre or just near,
and yeah, I saved it as a PNG like you says/suggested

ChickenFaces
10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
DJ and ICE seems a bit spread out in my opinion. Also it's improve not approve.

Partian
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
DJ and ICE seems a bit spread out in my opinion.
I know I went overload on my OCD that I had to actually delete the sig after uploading, dont worry..

Also it's improve not approve.
Try being up for 36 hours and try and spell perfectly.

sammy
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
The second is way better than the first. I love the little ice block he's standing on, as Aiden said earlier you've really used the name to your advantage :P. The text all seems a bit too far up though in my opinion, move it all down a bit so it all looks more central, or add something to the bottom so it doesn't look all squashed up at the top. Also, instead of the blue border I'd just use a 1 pixel black and white border, with black on the outside and white inside that.

I really like the font though and can't see anything else you could improve on, keep going at it :)!

Partian
10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
The second is way better than the first. I love the little ice block he's standing on, as Aiden said earlier you've really used the name to your advantage :P. The text all seems a bit too far up though in my opinion, move it all down a bit so it all looks more central, or add something to the bottom so it doesn't look all squashed up at the top. Also, instead of the blue border I'd just use a 1 pixel black and white border, with black on the outside and white inside that.

I really like the font though and can't see anything else you could improve on, keep going at it :)!
Thanks for the feedback Sam, I will do the edit tomorrow and re-post it.
I'm thinking of a nice banner or so snow flakes at the bottom, I like your idea of the border, that sounds epically cool or how about
1px black
1px white
1px black
for the boarder.

sammy
10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback Sam, I will do the edit tomorrow and re-post it.
I'm thinking of a nice banner or so snow flakes at the bottom, I like your idea of the border, that sounds epically cool or how about
1px black
1px white
1px black
for the boarder.

Yeah I think that could work as well, just keep testing things out and that way you'll pick new stuff up :P. Snowflakes sounds good to me as well :D

Partian
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah I think that could work as well, just keep testing things out and that way you'll pick new stuff up :P. Snowflakes sounds good to me as well :D

I dont want to spam this, but however
wait tomorrow for the final result (I hope) overall, thanks for the input and good luck on your GD trial,
I dont think I am ready for that, even though I did layouts,banners etc..

Lamz
10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
I Feel So Loved :P

Partian
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I Feel So Loved :P

LOL, I wonder why, the final result should be out tomorrow afternoon - GMT time, not sure..

Lamz
11-03-2011, 01:12 AM
ok,, Ill Try & use it aswell as the 1 i have now

Nick
11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Very nice ryan very nice :)

Partian
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Very nice ryan very nice :)

Thanks Nick, you've made me start making them. :P

Nick
11-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks Nick, you've made me start making them. :P

ooo Inspired :) lol

Partian
11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I have re-edited it and I hope this is the FINAL signature, anyways what I have done;

Improved:
3px Boarder (B,W,B)
Stacked Dragon with Turntable
Added snowflakes
aligned text in centre
given some space between text lines.

Hope you like it.
----------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/dfH0Y.png

Catzsy
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
DJ and ICE seems a bit spread out in my opinion. Also it's improve not approve.

I agree but overall the signature is very attractive. Lovely colour and nice sharp images. @Shanny I am sure that is a typo and he was asking for a review of his signature not his grammar. We also do not encourage grammar correction on the forum as for quite a few english is their second language. :P

Chris
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I have re-edited it and I hope this is the FINAL signature, anyways what I have done;

Improved:
3px Boarder (B,W,B)
Stacked Dragon with Turntable
Added snowflakes
aligned text in centre
given some space between text lines.

Hope you like it.
----------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/dfH0Y.png

Thats a big improvement from your first, well done. I like what you have don't with the dragon and dj deck :D

+REP!

Lamz
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Woo I Got A New Signature! :D

+REP

Partian
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Thats a big improvement from your first, well done. I like what you have don't with the dragon and dj deck :D

+REP!

Yeah I thought someone would like that, I was pretty chuffed when I did (big headed I know)
The worst was the snow flakes, I had a mini image that had two small and one large (snowflakes that is) and I had to resize and rotate them so they don't hit the iceberg like the titanic (to soon?) anyways thanks for the rep and there will be PLENTY more signatures from me :)

---------- Post added 11-03-2011 at 06:38 PM ----------

Woo I Got A New Signature! :D

+REP

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the rep :)

iLogan
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I like it but the "DJ" looks like "OJ"

Partian
11-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I like it but the "DJ" looks like "OJ"
I agree however, when you see 'Radio Staff' you will think DJ and same rule implies with HabboxLive

Zuth
11-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I think it's good for your first, well done.

Partian
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I think it's good for your first, well done.

Thankyou :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!