PDA

View Full Version : Chris Moyles 50 Hour Show

Calvin
16-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave are attempting to broadcast for as long as they can for Comic Relief.

They’re hoping to break the record for R1’s for Longest Show – as well as setting a brand new Guinness World Record for hosting the longest music show by a radio team. The record will be set at 50 hrs. After their show on Wednesday they’ll keep going - and the DJs who follow, will co-present - helping Chris & Dave get through it.

You can watch the WHOLE thing online or on your TV via the BBC Red Button. It’s going to be hard – on everyone – and it won’t be easy. But it’s worth doing because we’re doing it for Comic Relief.Is anyone listening and do you think he'll beat the record? It's all for Comic Relief so I think so and the money raised so far is:
£116,139

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/longestshow/

Judas
16-03-2011, 05:14 PM
i hope they have a lot of coffee

Plebings
16-03-2011, 05:54 PM
50 hours of chris moyle, couldn't imagine worse :(

Samantha.
16-03-2011, 08:40 PM
50 hours, that's crazy! But I do love Chris Moyles :P

scott
16-03-2011, 08:50 PM
50 hours, that's crazy! But I do love Chris Moyles :P

Same! 50 hours is a longgggg time :|

:G.M.T:
17-03-2011, 03:16 PM
This makes such good viewing this show. BBC Red button!

£640,000 raised so far :o!

Judas
17-03-2011, 04:18 PM
have they literally stayed in that building for all this time

benjamin
17-03-2011, 04:19 PM
greg james just got naked on it! amazing. he's fit.

but yeah they've nearly hit 34 hours!

Mathew
17-03-2011, 04:30 PM
greg james just got naked on it! amazing. he's fit.
I wonder how much it would take for Fearne Cotton to do the same... :P

Had a quick listen on the way home from school and watched a bit this morning.. how they can stay so enthusiastic is beyond me :P

GommeInc
17-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Had a quick listen on the way home from school and watched a bit this morning.. how they can stay so enthusiastic is beyond me :P
Moyles seems to be swaying between being enthusiastic to annoyed, but it's hard to tell when he's joking and not :P

It's probably the best TV I've seen in ages... The best TV on radio and vice versa :P

benjamin
17-03-2011, 04:35 PM
there's just something about it, you can't turn it off! and well i won't be switching over now while scott mills is on, i love him.

Judas
17-03-2011, 05:01 PM
greg james is so beautiful

Recursion
18-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Haha loved it when Fearne Cotton went in there in her swimsuit! I couldn't believe they managed 52 hours, 2 records and something like £2.4m in donations :O

Calvin
18-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Haha loved it when Fearne Cotton went in there in her swimsuit! I couldn't believe they managed 52 hours, 2 records and something like £2.4m in donations :OYeah, it was great haha.

I loved Kissy Sell Out's mix on there, especially the intro! Fearne crashed the website LOL.

Nicola
18-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I actually got quite addicted and tuned into it a lot, I actually found it really entertaining and didn't get bored. It's really great what they achieved :)

Recursion
18-03-2011, 06:39 PM
And for you ladies, you'll always have an image of the naked Greg James to think about ;)

Neversoft
18-03-2011, 06:40 PM
"The promise of Fearne Cotton in a swimsuit caused BBC Radio 1’s website to go into meltdown today as the presenter raised money for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day.

The Radio 1 website camera would capture the moment, but as eager fans logged on in their thousands, the website crashed. Rather than Ms. Cotton in a one-piece, visitors instead were treated to the rather more disappointing internal error message because the page was 'experiencing abnormal traffic'."

Hahaa.

Nicola
18-03-2011, 07:08 PM
"The promise of Fearne Cotton in a swimsuit caused BBC Radio 1’s website to go into meltdown today as the presenter raised money for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day.

The Radio 1 website camera would capture the moment, but as eager fans logged on in their thousands, the website crashed. Rather than Ms. Cotton in a one-piece, visitors instead were treated to the rather more disappointing internal error message because the page was 'experiencing abnormal traffic'."

Hahaa.

Haha I was tuned into her this afternoon and she said that it crashed the website :P bless her.

Suspective
18-03-2011, 07:10 PM
That made me laugh as well aha :P ^^

Good on Moyles, and it beats the usual comic relief events. I was watching for ages last night, and then again this morning.

They should put him (and other presenters) on the red button more often.

Mathew
18-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I didn't think it would be much at first tbh but when you started watching it did get quite addictive; hilarious guys :P Really glad they did it, for such a good cause too. Impressive.

paddy140
18-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Well done to Chris Moyles and BBC Radio 1 who made the show really interesting to watch!

benjamin
18-03-2011, 11:42 PM
if i'm honest - i'm not a huge chris moyles fan. put it this way, i can't listen to him on my drive to work when i'm half asleep!

but what him and dave did was absolutely amazing... nearly £2.5m?! i never would've thought they'd of raised that much. i watched it quite a lot (and i saw greg naked, BOOM!) and i text in quite a few times.

bloody brilliant achievement if you ask me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!