PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Launch

PaulMacC
19-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Right, I'm debating on whether to get one on launch. I've got the money but the game library that I've seen for launch is dreadful. Might just pick up the new Pokémon game when I get mine as my DS Lite is broke and I couldn't be bothered buying a new one when this is out at the end of the month.

Fez
20-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I would suggest waiting till E3 when they unveil a super-version with a battery life of more than 2 hours.

Misawa
20-03-2011, 12:49 AM
I've had mine for a week-and-a-half but couldn't possibly pass judgement yet as I've spent a grand total of 20 minutes on the thing.

PaulMacC
20-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I would suggest waiting till E3 when they unveil a super-version with a battery life of more than 2 hours.
Get unboxing video up asap = gets 100,000 views = pays for itself = free 3DS

Fez
20-03-2011, 07:04 PM

Fair enough but the American release date is before the EU lot so there's no point doing any videos. Expect YouTube to be oversaturated with 3DS videos like unboxings and reviews etc.

Misawa
20-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Was that meant to be directed at me? Seemed a bit of an odd response to Fez.

In which case - I didn't pay for it.

Smurfed-
24-03-2011, 08:38 PM
im goin to wait to get mine. they are probably going to make a better one next month anyways

PaulMacC
25-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Fair enough but the American release date is before the EU lot so there's no point doing any videos. Expect YouTube to be oversaturated with 3DS videos like unboxings and reviews etc.

EU is before American release date lol by 2 days.

Recursion
25-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't really like the 3D screen if I'm honest :(

Will be sticking with my DS Lite for now.

Firehorse
25-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Someone brought theirs into school today, tbh it looks like just another gimmick. The whole point of 3D is immersion and the tiny screen really doesn't do it justice.

Fez
25-03-2011, 11:58 PM
EU is before American release date lol by 2 days.

Oh yeah they changed it.

Janet Snakehole
28-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Not sure about anyone else but does the 3D hurt anyones eyes after a few seconds of playing when it's in effect? The tiny screen doesn't do it justice either, I feel like I've wasted my money.

Firehorse
28-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Not sure about anyone else but does the 3D hurt anyones eyes after a few seconds of playing when it's in effect? The tiny screen doesn't do it justice either, I feel like I've wasted my money.

To be honest I'd say it's just another underdeveloped gimmick to make sales.

Eoin247
28-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I still haven't tried it out, but i'm looking forward to having a good long go at it when some of my friends get it.

I would get it myself but i feel it's a bit pointless since i already own a dsi, and i don't think that the 3d feature is enough to justify getting a new one. That said i may just eat my words when i try it out.

Alexandr
29-03-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite (Whatever they'll called the revised version) or a next-gen pokemon game to be released for it. So far, everyone's impression of it is average so definitely doesn't seem like a must-have at the moment.

Ajthedragon
30-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Apparently it's been making a lot of people ill as well. I'm a bit mixed on the idea of getting one at the moment.

Cosmic
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
From what I've heard, it doesn't sound all that fantastic so I think I'll stick with my dsi for now.

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
The whole headache thing is quite amusing.

Sony must be loving it.

april
15-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite (Whatever they'll called the revised version) or a next-gen pokemon game to be released for it. So far, everyone's impression of it is average so definitely doesn't seem like a must-have at the moment.

It's not a must have right now, it's a must have in June when the big titles start to come out. People will soon realize that to play these titles you must have a 3DS.

Also @ people complaining about feeling nauseous/having headaches. Learn to read the manual because you're obviously doing it wrong, me, my friends and my family been playing since launch and had zero problems with anything related to that, the big problem I've found is actually syncing the 3D for the first time, it's a pain to find the right settings for yourself but once you've found them it's smooth sailing from there.

The 3D isn't as revolutionary as Nintendo were making out, but it's pretty damn good and a start to 3D technology without glasses.

AgnesIO
15-04-2011, 06:00 PM
It's not a must have right now, it's a must have in June when the big titles start to come out. People will soon realize that to play these titles you must have a 3DS.

Also @ people complaining about feeling nauseous/having headaches. Learn to read the manual because you're obviously doing it wrong, me, my friends and my family been playing since launch and had zero problems with anything related to that, the big problem I've found is actually syncing the 3D for the first time, it's a pain to find the right settings for yourself but once you've found them it's smooth sailing from there.

The 3D isn't as revolutionary as Nintendo were making out, but it's pretty damn good and a start to 3D technology without glasses.

You are blaming peoples inability to read manuals on them feeling sick from it?

Eoin247
24-04-2011, 11:29 AM
You are blaming peoples inability to read manuals on them feeling sick from it?

April is correct. It says that you must adjust the settings of the 3D to suit yourself. The reason for this is due to everybody having slightly different widths between their eyes I think.

Anyway i've decided to buy it after trying it out in Spain. The augmented reality and 3D is absolutely amazing! The graphics are also far superior. It will soon be a must have though as 3DS games take over from normal DS games gradualy from now on.

simplymagic
02-06-2011, 03:03 PM
got one free with my phone about 2 weeks ago. Im loving it so far. Brilliant hardware. At first it was a little weird but I love it now. The only down side to the 3DS is the launch titles, they are terrible with only street fighter and dead or alive probs been the only good games on the system right now. I love the AR card games, they are really fun and I hope more card/games get released. Looking forward to Eshop opening and E3 (hopefully new games for 3DS shown and new super mario game for 3DS shown!)

Eoin247
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
got one free with my phone about 2 weeks ago. Im loving it so far. Brilliant hardware. At first it was a little weird but I love it now. The only down side to the 3DS is the launch titles, they are terrible with only street fighter and dead or alive probs been the only good games on the system right now. I love the AR card games, they are really fun and I hope more card/games get released. Looking forward to Eshop opening and E3 (hopefully new games for 3DS shown and new super mario game for 3DS shown!)

Free with a phone? Wow, how much did the phone cost lol?

Misawa
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Mine was completely free since I had it for review weeks before release and got to keep it, but I can't actually play it. It makes me feel terrible.

simplymagic
09-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Free with a phone? Wow, how much did the phone cost lol?

£35 a month lol. Defo worth it for the 3DS ;)!

Mario kart 3DS looks draw dropping! I can wait for that. Super mario 3DS looks ite, i cant tell what it is though yet, is it trying to be a collect stars game or be like new super marios wii but with 3D parts. I really hope its one were u collect stars. Oot looks amazing as well. The 3DS trailer for it on eshop is outstanding, I didn't think 3D would make much difference to this game. I would buy it on release day but I have 2 exams around 20th so I won't revise if I get it at all so I'm going to wait til after. luigi's mansion 2, resident evil and paper mario look amazing to, god i will have no money!

Also does anyone know when mario kart 3DS is getting released. It said it was going to be released in the holiday at E3 if i remember correctly but does it mean summer or xmas.

@Misawa, why can't you play it. Is it only a demo to play the pre loaded software on and not games?!

Misawa
10-06-2011, 10:46 AM
No, my 3DS is the proper retail versions, but the 3D effect and me are not partners in health.

Eoin247
13-06-2011, 08:40 PM
No, my 3DS is the proper retail versions, but the 3D effect and me are not partners in health.

How long have you tried playing it? Some of my friends had the same problem, but after a few days to a week, they were fine.

Misawa
13-06-2011, 08:42 PM
If that's the case, I'd rather not go through a week of discomfort. To me, it's not worth it. I'm not a big handheld gaming fan anyway and I'm quite happy not to receive 3Ds games to review.

simplymagic
13-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I haven't experienced any illness due to playing the 3DS at all and I played like 5 hours a day when I first got it. I can see why it would affect kids but not adults :S

Misawa
13-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I have bad eyes.

Sly
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I might buy one later 'cos I got £30 credit for BEE but there isn't much selection so I might buy Ocarina of Time 3DS and buy a 3DS from tesco or something.
Didn't want one at first but now I do for Mario Kart 7 and Zelda and maybe Starfox

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!