PDA

View Full Version : Should I get an iPhone 4?

PaulMacC
20-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I have a 3GS. But I'm skeptical that a new iPhone 4 is going to be announced like they did with the 3GS.

benjamin
20-03-2011, 12:07 AM
not sure on a new iphone 4, but the white iphone 4 is coming in 'spring'? (i'm thinking more june time - just to be on the safe side)

i been debating between bb torch and iphone 4 for months, and i don't think i could tear myself away from the iphone.

defo iphone 4.

Recursion
20-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Wait 'till iPhone 5.

Deak
20-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Wait 'till iPhone 5.

Yep, wait until iPhone 5 comes out later this year is what i would do

GommeInc
20-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Depends if you want to keep up to date with devices. Summer is a long time to wait for the new iPhone 5 (June/July time). It's shocking enough Apple are releasing the white iPhone 4 close to when the new one will come out, but if you just want a decent phone then you could just get an iPhone 4 now. As far as news goes, the iPhone 5 is just going to have a bigger screen that stretches to the edge (which must be fun when it inevitably hits the ground :P), and it may be a bit "faster" even though the iPhone 4 is pretty speedy anyway. So it depends if you want to keep up with trends and get the iPhone 5 when it comes out, or a device that will do everything and anything and you need it now.

.x.miss.angel.x
20-03-2011, 07:17 AM
iPhone 4 is riddled with problems, iPhone 5 will be here before you know it, just wait & see!

Recursion
20-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Depends if you want to keep up to date with devices. Summer is a long time to wait for the new iPhone 5 (June/July time). It's shocking enough Apple are releasing the white iPhone 4 close to when the new one will come out, but if you just want a decent phone then you could just get an iPhone 4 now. As far as news goes, the iPhone 5 is just going to have a bigger screen that stretches to the edge (which must be fun when it inevitably hits the ground :P), and it may be a bit "faster" even though the iPhone 4 is pretty speedy anyway. So it depends if you want to keep up with trends and get the iPhone 5 when it comes out, or a device that will do everything and anything and you need it now.

Yeah but 3 months isn't that long to wait considering it'll probably get that dual core CPU the iPad 2 has :P

GommeInc
21-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah but 3 months isn't that long to wait considering it'll probably get that dual core CPU the iPad 2 has :P
Depends if that's the only redeeming feature :P A Dual-Core could be overkill if it doesn't have any noticeable speed differences, plus if he needs a phone now he could get the iPhone 4 or wait for the new one if he likes to keep up with trends.

StefanWolves
22-03-2011, 08:05 PM
iPhone 4 is riddled with problems, iPhone 5 will be here before you know it, just wait & see!
wow good **.

wait till the iphone 5. it may not be a huge upgrade but it will have a better screen size, camera megapixel etc and slightly faster than the iphone 4, you have only got to wait about 3 months.

AgnesIO
29-03-2011, 02:45 PM
iPhone 5 may not be released until the end of 2011.

Apple released he event details for the event they normally release the iHpone at, but did not mention a new iPhone at all. They just said "all about the future of iOs. and something (can't remember what, might have been mac OSX)

GommeInc
29-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Apple released he event details for the event they normally release the iHpone at, but did not mention a new iPhone at all. They just said "all about the future of iOs. and something (can't remember what, might have been mac OSX)
I heard that somewhere too. Why Apple are wasting x amount of money telling people about the future of iOS is beyond me, would it really be that interesting to sit for about 5 minutes to hear what they plan to do? I doubt they could stretch the talks out to about an hour, unless they chuck in a bit of moaning about the competition.

Chippiewill
29-03-2011, 04:50 PM

Most tech-blogs are saying at the same time as the iPod Touch, aka September is isn't that much later than the iPhone is normally released anyway.

AgnesIO
29-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I heard that somewhere too. Why Apple are wasting x amount of money telling people about the future of iOS is beyond me, would it really be that interesting to sit for about 5 minutes to hear what they plan to do? I doubt they could stretch the talks out to about an hour, unless they chuck in a bit of moaning about the competition.

They are also having over 100 talks from some of their people about stuff (can't remember what :P)

Most tech-blogs are saying at the same time as the iPod Touch, aka September is isn't that much later than the iPhone is normally released anyway.

I read off engadget, who said this 'fall' and 'holiday season' - which in terms of sales would do wonders for Apple.

----

My source is: www.engadget.com

---------- Post added 29-03-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

Some information on it :)

The event where the iPhone is normally announced: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/apples-wwdc-2011-kicks-off-on-june-6th/
The article suggesting there may not be the iPhone 5: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/no-iphone-5-at-wwdc-this-year-thats-how-it-looks-from-here/

user130523
29-03-2011, 06:18 PM
i have a feeling they will come out with it as a surprise at the event? :)

Mr-Trainor
29-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Yea, I was thinking that this could be a possibility. If they are showing the future of iOS, maybe they will be demonstrating this future on the new iPhone? However, they could still announce it at this event but then not launch it until later than usual.

AgnesIO
29-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Would be very un-Apple like to not try and maximise the attention?

I mean, unless you are a tech geek (like me..) why would you even pay attention to such a dull event? On the other hand, if they said 'NEW iPHONE OMG OMG' - every is interested.

DeejayMachoo$
29-03-2011, 09:22 PM
My advice; No. I had one I actually queued outside the apple store the morning they were released and had nothing but trouble from it. First of all the signal going I had to buy a bumper for it (my friends who still have one still have this problem); The proximity sensor is... Well it puts people on hold and mutes the call whilst talking. The battery life i just as bad as the previous iPhones, imho wait for the iPhone 5 it could be as late as July 2012 but it will be everything the iPhone 4 wasn't.

AgnesIO
29-03-2011, 09:34 PM
My advice; No. I had one I actually queued outside the apple store the morning they were released and had nothing but trouble from it. First of all the signal going I had to buy a bumper for it (my friends who still have one still have this problem); The proximity sensor is... Well it puts people on hold and mutes the call whilst talking. The battery life i just as bad as the previous iPhones, imho wait for the iPhone 5 it could be as late as July 2012 but it will be everything the iPhone 4 wasn't.

1) It will be no where near as late as July 2012
2) don't get your hopes up- you seem to think it will be magical.

e5
29-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Wait for the next iphone!

GommeInc
29-03-2011, 10:44 PM
1) It will be no where near as late as July 2012
2) don't get your hopes up- you seem to think it will be magical.
Nothing about smart phones is magical anymore. New iPhones are simply seen as minor upgrades now, rather than the next big thing :/

StefanWolves
29-03-2011, 11:03 PM
iOS 4.1 fixed proximity, Apple offered a free case to anyone who had an iphone 4, i hae one and the signal issue wasnt even an issue. It didnt affect me whatsoever.

Firehorse
30-03-2011, 03:40 PM
imo even for technology 3 months isn't a long time to wait, especially if you already have something that works fine for the moment. This culture of having to update your phone every year is just encouraged by the manufacturers when a new phone now should easily be able to last 4 years if not more. Consider that you already have an iphone which is not different enough to the iphone 4 to be worth an upgrade.

A phone is a phone. Your 3GS probably works fine for everything it's made for. iPhone 4 does the same apart from that tiny bit higher spec and facetime which is just glorified video calling.

Another reason to wait and get the iPhone 5 is doing one of your unboxing vids and making money from it on your youtube channel.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!