PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous amount of bots these days.

Eoin247
22-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't play RS much anymore. I tried to get back into it after free trade and wildy returned but soon lost interest.

Anyway what i did notice is that now days there are an absolutely ridiculous amount of bots on RS (or at least on f2p servers).

I remember there always were bots, usualy you'd see a few now and again in the old days.

Now however whenever i log in and go to a raw materials place (say mining in rimmington for example) there are regularly about 10-15 bots

I wonder if jagex actualy cares about people botting that much. I mean it's easy to tell a bot from a non bot the vast majority of the time, and yet they never seem to get banned.

Those bot companies must be making an absolute killing.

Rashelly
23-03-2011, 02:58 AM
I can already tell where this thread is going. Habbox is very Bot-friendly lately so you'll probably get the argument "i bot coz i has a lyf omg".

But I agree, the amount of bots even on members worlds are ridiculous.

But Jagex aren't mind readers, they can't tell unless someone reports them, even then they don't know, but the best thing to do if you see someone that might be botting is report them (personally I can't be bothered to report them because I kind of just keep myself to myself in game and... just don't really care).

I also don't like that Jagex don't ban that many botters that have members... Apparently they just rollback the skills, which is redundant IMO because if someone bots... They'll just rebot. There should be tougher punishments, maybe not a ban straight away but maybe a temp ban and a rollback first... Then a perm ban.

It just lowers the game standard overall but... I guess it's not going anywhere and you should try to ignore it (or report people if you have the time/energy to waste reporting hundreds of people a day)

wow, this reply was long... IDEK what I wrote
/late night ramblings

Guildwars446
23-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi there, I have played since 2003 on Runescape. I can tell you that since the previous free trade was around the bots had a significant rise in population also. Jagex do NOT have such an awareness span about these bots during free trade as Generally they're making alot more money off the membership anyway. Now this may have been the case in non free trade also, But people trading money over (real-world trading) creates alot more accounts to create gold pieces production. They really don't care at the moment. I haven't heard of one ban on *Removed* as of yet since free trade came out.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): The naming of sites that break Runescape/Habbo T &C's is not allowed

JerseySafety
23-03-2011, 05:11 AM
They do care.

A new skill 'Bot Hunting' has been thought about. It looks interesting. :)

DPS
23-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah everyone i talk to bots tbh, I dont even play runescape. But on my rat theres around 30 people who bot daily, too bad im watching there every move.

Marbian
23-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Placec I skill, all the time it's always the same bots there. I've always reported them each day too... Like a month now, and they still go there, same place, same world, botting... but not a ban? This makes me think Jagex don't care, that much.

So yeah, I agree. Bots are redlining the game at the moment, theres just way to many.

Richie
23-03-2011, 10:58 AM
In my view it's jagex's fault, if they gave a crap they'd ban bots like they did in the past rather than reset them. People don't seem to care if they get reset, if they were to bot 10k magic logs then get reset, who cares? they still made cash. Jagex are apparently taking earned cash off these bot accounts but lets be honest, it doesn't take someone with a high IQ to trade there earned runescape gold onto another account on a daily basis. Jagex need to get there head out of their asses. Yes, they're making money and that's their main goal, but they won't be for much longer if they don't sort this problem out as soon as possible.

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

I can already tell where this thread is going. Habbox is very Bot-friendly lately so you'll probably get the argument "i bot coz i has a lyf omg".

Those who say that shouldn't play the game then, at the end of the day that is part of the game. If you want to fight other players for fun, you need to work for it.

user130523
23-03-2011, 05:42 PM
complaining on habboxforum ain't gonna do much about it.

there always has been, and always will be in some shape or form rs bots - get over it is all i have to say, nothing will stop them

Stephen
23-03-2011, 05:49 PM
In my view it's jagex's fault, if they gave a crap they'd ban bots like they did in the past rather than reset them. People don't seem to care if they get reset, if they were to bot 10k magic logs then get reset, who cares? they still made cash. Jagex are apparently taking earned cash off these bot accounts but lets be honest, it doesn't take someone with a high IQ to trade there earned runescape gold onto another account on a daily basis. Jagex need to get there head out of their asses. Yes, they're making money and that's their main goal, but they won't be for much longer if they don't sort this problem out as soon as possible.

Those who say that shouldn't play the game then, at the end of the day that is part of the game. If you want to fight other players for fun, you need to work for it.

jagex sometimes remove what they think the person botting has made

so if you fished like 10k rocktails or something botting and got reset then there's a chance you'll lose all them rocktails or a chance you'll lose the money you sold them for or something like that.

Don't think it happens much though

Marbian
23-03-2011, 05:57 PM
One thing you might want to think about. If Jagex didn't care about micros, (cheaters). Then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be against the rules to do so. Think about it, they placed that rule, not for us, for them. If they done it for our sake, then please, use failure as much as possible... Because they are still there. But that's not the case. It's their rules, and rules they placed...

Plus with this roll back, it's not a solution. They are attempting different ways and possibilities to get rid of micros. Which should be a good thing, at least they are trying. Also, what is with the, they need to get their heads out of the gutter... All they have done for us, is read our feedback, most of the time, and done what was requested by a lot of players. Only because one may dislike, doesn't make it a failure, or lame. People are allowed to dislike stuff, but some words are over used in some matters, don't you think?

I'll take some off that back actually, because not all updates were user requested. But all my other points are still valid.

Rashelly
23-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh I agree. I have never botted and never will but there are a few who are very arrogant who will say such things.

Banana Pancakes
23-03-2011, 08:15 PM
they don't really care, they ban a handful but not too much.
if you think how many bots pay membership they don't want to stop the inflow.

Cwmbran
23-03-2011, 08:18 PM
The economy would crash if bots were removed. Plus they rake in the money from membership for them bots, and they have even given an option for users to buy back their previous banned accounts which have been botted on.

Kyle
23-03-2011, 08:26 PM
They do care.

A new skill 'Bot Hunting' has been thought about. It looks interesting. :)
lol... it's not a skill, it's an activity that only wbms take part in. If I see a bot I will report it as I pass but going out of your way to look for and trap bots just to report them is really lame...

One thing you might want to think about. If Jagex didn't care about micros, (cheaters). Then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be against the rules to do so. Think about it, they placed that rule, not for us, for them. If they done it for our sake, then please, use failure as much as possible... Because they are still there. But that's not the case. It's their rules, and rules they placed...

Plus with this roll back, it's not a solution. They are attempting different ways and possibilities to get rid of micros. Which should be a good thing, at least they are trying. Also, what is with the, they need to get their heads out of the gutter... All they have done for us, is read our feedback, most of the time, and done what was requested by a lot of players. Only because one may dislike, doesn't make it a failure, or lame. People are allowed to dislike stuff, but some words are over used in some matters, don't you think?

I'll take some off that back actually, because not all updates were user requested. But all my other points are still valid.
wtfs a micro

Richie
23-03-2011, 08:29 PM

jagex sometimes remove what they think the person botting has made

so if you fished like 10k rocktails or something botting and got reset then there's a chance you'll lose all them rocktails or a chance you'll lose the money you sold them for or something like that.

Don't think it happens much though

Learn to read son ;)

@ Guy above

People only agreed with bots being reset for their personal benefit.

matt$
23-03-2011, 08:32 PM
i bot coz i has a lyf omg

Marbian
23-03-2011, 10:20 PM
One thing you might want to think about. If Jagex didn't care about macros, (cheaters). Then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be against the rules to do so. Think about it, they placed that rule, not for us, for them. If they done it for our sake, then please, use failure as much as possible... Because they are still there. But that's not the case. It's their rules, and rules they placed...

Plus with this roll back, it's not a solution. They are attempting different ways and possibilities to get rid of macros. Which should be a good thing, at least they are trying. Also, what is with the, they need to get their heads out of the gutter... All they have done for us, is read our feedback, most of the time, and done what was requested by a lot of players. Only because one may dislike, doesn't make it a failure, or lame. People are allowed to dislike stuff, but some words are over used in some matters, don't you think?

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 10:21 PM ----------

lol... it's not a skill, it's an activity that only wbms take part in. If I see a bot I will report it as I pass but going out of your way to look for and trap bots just to report them is really lame...

wtfs a micro

oops LMAO.

Eoin247
24-03-2011, 05:23 PM
@ the person who said its jagex don't know if it's a bot or not. In the vast vast majority of cases it is extremely easy to spot a bot.

Rashelly
24-03-2011, 05:43 PM
@ the person who said its jagex don't know if it's a bot or not. In the vast vast majority of cases it is extremely easy to spot a bot.

There are hundreds of thousands of people playing at a time, jagex don't go patrolling to search for bots... Sure, a mod might see one while doing something in game, but they don't actively look for them.
Which is why you should report them. The report will at least flag the account up and Jagex will look into it... In theory, but they probably get lots of reports too.
Bots, as far as I'm aware can't be detected by jagex automatically

Thomas
25-03-2011, 07:28 AM
i think there are to many bots to even though i am one of them i have been botting for a long time and suddenly since the free trade came back loads of bots (mainly gold farmers) have started up. Also people have found out how easy it is to bot so any one can do it really.

i think they should do something about it as long as it doesn't affect me (A)

---------- Post added 25-03-2011 at 07:32 AM ----------

There are hundreds of thousands of people playing at a time, jagex don't go patrolling to search for bots... Sure, a mod might see one while doing something in game, but they don't actively look for them.
Which is why you should report them. The report will at least flag the account up and Jagex will look into it... In theory, but they probably get lots of reports too.
Bots, as far as I'm aware can't be detected by jagex automatically
you are correct they cannot be detected very easily, in fact bots are getting such good anti bans they may become unstoppable. I do make bot scripts for p******* and its really easy to make it looks human like and some of the more advance stuff that is possible makes it hard to find, you also find auto responders built in the bots which are smart until you get into full confiscation then it messes up and you can tell its a bot.

Basically bots are getting harder to detect for jagex every day.

Oleh
25-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I just wish botting on runescape was like WoW.. Few and far between (before pirox) and paid. Seems like runescape is just an even easier way for botters to make money which has ruined the game like level hacking in mw2 ruined the system of that

Richie
26-03-2011, 07:27 AM
What really makes me laugh is, very few people actually play legit. It's only a matter of time before it is a normal thing and accepted properly. Bots may be ruining the game for legit players but in the long run they're killing it for themselves. Think about it, if everyone was to bot.. the game would be pointless, everyone would have the exact same stats, everyone would just leave their computer on 24/7.

I don't mean to sound like a dry ****e but can't you guys who bot, give it another (or a) chance before botting? Believe me you're probably thinking, I can't make a difference, I'm 1 bot. Say 20 people bot on this forum and just stopped that's 20 less people lol, that's a hell of allot imo.

I know it's tiring to actually play the game but that's what the game is and in the long run you feel like you have achieved something. If you're just playing the game to fight other players would you guys not consider unofficial runescape servers? Choose the stats you want and just fight, jeez it would save you electricity because that's all you're doing.

Thomas
26-03-2011, 08:32 AM
What really makes me laugh is, very few people actually play legit. It's only a matter of time before it is a normal thing and accepted properly. Bots may be ruining the game for legit players but in the long run they're killing it for themselves. Think about it, if everyone was to bot.. the game would be pointless, everyone would have the exact same stats, everyone would just leave their computer on 24/7.

I don't mean to sound like a dry ****e but can't you guys who bot, give it another (or a) chance before botting? Believe me you're probably thinking, I can't make a difference, I'm 1 bot. Say 20 people bot on this forum and just stopped that's 20 less people lol, that's a hell of allot imo.

I know it's tiring to actually play the game but that's what the game is and in the long run you feel like you have achieved something. If you're just playing the game to fight other players would you guys not consider unofficial runescape servers? Choose the stats you want and just fight, jeez it would save you electricity because that's all you're doing.
i don't hav time to play thats why i bot because when i do play i PK.

Rashelly
26-03-2011, 09:32 AM

They would never do that. Bots either bot to gold farm or to level up... Probably to brag. They want the prestige but don't want to put the effort in. Private servers won't give them that.

And I'm sorry, Mac OS X, you spend so much time TALKING about botting, that whole "I don't have time" "I have a life" argument doesn't work for you.
If you don't have time to play... Just don't play? You can still "have a life" and play.

You can PK at any level.

It's just cheating, you can't justify it, doesn't matter how many silly reasons you come up with to try.

It's like saying "I cheated on my essay because I didn't have time to do it"... Those reasons are just not valid.

IceNineKills
26-03-2011, 05:14 PM
i play legit during the day and bot over night, i cant see much harm in that.

Thomas
26-03-2011, 05:52 PM
They would never do that. Bots either bot to gold farm or to level up... Probably to brag. They want the prestige but don't want to put the effort in. Private servers won't give them that.

And I'm sorry, Mac OS X, you spend so much time TALKING about botting, that whole "I don't have time" "I have a life" argument doesn't work for you.
If you don't have time to play... Just don't play? You can still "have a life" and play.

You can PK at any level.

It's just cheating, you can't justify it, doesn't matter how many silly reasons you come up with to try.

It's like saying "I cheated on my essay because I didn't have time to do it"... Those reasons are just not valid.

im level 32-33... and i rarely bot now. maybe 1-2 times a week for a few hours, i'm losing interest in runescape totally so i might quit anyway and think what you like but i don't have time to play as well as do the things i'd rather do.

Rashelly
27-03-2011, 12:12 AM
im level 32-33... and i rarely bot now. maybe 1-2 times a week for a few hours, i'm losing interest in runescape totally so i might quit anyway and think what you like but i don't have time to play as well as do the things i'd rather do.

Well if there's things you'd rather do... then do them and don't play? You don't HAVE to play?

I don't care if people bot, but botters can't justify botting. At the end of the day, it's cheating, plain and simple.

Kyle
27-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm all for cheating on gta 3 on ps2 to get better weapons but botting is actually against the law so nty

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!