PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Waasa?

karter
24-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Your theories and the real reason behind the name announced!

We had a great time looking through your explanations for the name behind the new Waasa Furni range. You guys know how to crack us up -we especially love the acronyms!

As for the real reason, the designer who created the set named it as a tribute to his hometown in Finland called Vaasa! Plus, the famous Swedish warship ‘Wasa’ sank after sailing less than a nautical mile into her maiden voyage in 1628, hence the Sailing Ships in the Catalog.

But enough with the history lesson! Check out the best theories below and come back tomorrow because we’ll be adding even more items to the Waasa range!
,Monkeys - WAASA : Wow Another Awesome Stuff Again
:ArtemisFowl: - They mashed the keyboard on the left hand side with a thumb, pressing W A A S A all at the same time. Thus, the random key mashing formed a name lacking in explanation yet full of pointless spirit.
.:emma:.4 - This is all College dorm like Furni, and all obnoxious College goers say WAZZUUPPP ;)
.:Jekkikuh:. - They found the furniture line so cool that Puffin screamed 'WOOOOOOAH', SmoothCriminal screamed 'THAT'S WHAT'S UP!' and Fozzie screamed 'AHHHH'! Combined, they called it WAASA.
.-x-Nemo-x-. - Because it stands for 'Wicked Awesome Amazing Stuff Alright!'
Alkamystre - It is the name of Puffin's favourite sushi internet-cafe
bellarox17 - Waasa stands for We All Adore Sailing Accesories!
Blahoo - It stands for:
W - what an
A - appealing yet,
A - amazing choice of
S - splendid and sophisticated-looking
A - antiques!
Blue:.Bird - It stands for: Widely Associated Auspicious Study Applications
Boofa22, - The reason is because the Furni is slightly linked with College/University. For instance, Bunk Beds, Laptop and an Old Computer - 3 of the many things you would find in a College/University Room. And the sailing ship is decorative. WASSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAA *Sticks tounge out!*
Bunny1258 - It's an acronym for Wooden Accessories Are So Awesome
catherine!!! - I think Waasa really stands for What An Amazing Selection, Aye?
Chi-Bears85Fan - “Waasa” an Ojibwe word meaning far, distant. In modern terms it might be ‘future”.
choclate789 - Because the creator looks like Wayne Rooney and people call Wayne Rooney 'Wazza'.
Chogsylfc:D - Wassa stands for We Are All Sexy Aliens x]
courtsj8 - It stands for:
Wicked
Amazing
Awesome
Super
Adorable
I WANT SOME WAASA FURNI!!!
cregzz. - Because of the repeated line in the film Scary Movie, directed by the Wayans Brothers.
Puffin: Yo Fozzie! Pick up the phone!
Fozzy: Yo?
Puffin: WAASAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SmoothCriminal: WAASAAAAAAAAAAAA
Fozzy: WAASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
D3vls - Epic night out before work resulting in a typo fail.
derrickcalla16 - The name is Waasa because:
W-indows
A-nd
A-pple
S-trikes
A-gain
Which do you prefer to choose Windows or Apple?!
dumb-sheep - After the noodle place in Birmingham? It does have really nice noodles!
DuoMix - Cause...
W is for Wacky! ;
A is for Awesome ;
A is for Amazing ;
S is for Sexy ; and
A is for Available, FOREVER =D
EvilTaco. - WAASA =Wild Anonymous Atrocious Snake Angler :)
Floodage - You sneaky devils named it this so that we would research the history of the Waasa (Vasa) ship which is what all the new furniture is all about - studying. I came to this realization after about thirty minutes of reading about this interesting ship. I must say this was a good tactic!
GentelMush - Puffin went to a German class and was learning how to say water, which is "Wasser". Puffin has an awful german accent and says "Waasa"and then it catches on with the rest of the Habbo staff.
Gryffindorpwns - Chuck Norris telepathically said so. It's the only logical explanation.
HabboStudios. - W=Weird
A=Amazing
A=Awesome
S=Studying
A=Area
hamste - Luke Skywalker was on an intergalactic trip when he came across a unknown planet called 'Habbotopia'. He and his crew searched the planet and went into an empty room with modern day technology in it. Suddenly, "WASSA!!!" screamed a mutant Wookie as it leaped out of the closet. Luke Skywalker scared the wookie away and he named the range after the mutant Wookie. The end.
Intents - Maybe they all watched Scary Movie 1 together and had a laugh at the WAASAAAAAAAAAA PART :p
kawaii189 - Waasa is an acronym for:
W - Whack
A - And
A - Ability,
S - Summer
A - Android!
... I think. I actually just kinda pulled that out of my mouth.
MaranalBANNED - After an extensive period of studying you just wanna yell something random, WAASA!
NathannIngran - WAASA!!! We All Are Super Awesome!!!!! We all deserve super, awesome, new Furni!
Scooter800 - They got inspiration from Peter's catchphrase to calm Brian down in Family Guy. "Hey waasa up wid chu!"

- Fozzie, SmoothCriminal and Puffin - loving the creativity!

Nick
24-03-2011, 06:49 AM
haha some of thoese are funny :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!