PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to pay overdraft fee?

Moh
24-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I'v gone into my unarranged overdraft by £4, which at first didn't appear on my statement online. Then today it's appeared.

So, I rang my bank asking if I could change my arranged overdraft (Considering I'm paying £12 a month for my account) and they told I'v been overdrawn for 10 days, which means I owe them £50 (Well, £54).

So what exactly will happen if I don't pay that fee? Because they have another thing coming if they expect me to pay 12 times more than I went over.

If i threaten to close my account & move to a rival bank, do you think they would do anything? Because the only thing they're getting back is their £4.

Nemo
24-03-2011, 07:54 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081112094433AACA2zQ

If you go into your bank and talk with the manager they may be able to remove some if not all of those fees if they want to keep your business. Don't call the 800 number because you will just get someone in another country that doesn't give a crap. This happened to me with Chase Bank and they removed $300 in overdraft fees. Never happened again because i budget very carefully.
Either that, or they give you a bad rating and you're ****** with most banks. Atleast afaik.

Recursion
24-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Are you under 18? They're not allowed to give you an overdraft if so and will waive the fees.

kuzkasate
24-03-2011, 08:04 PM
A similar thing happened to my dad, he just went to the bank and they managed to sort it.

matt$
24-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Go to the bank and explain it to them as you have to us but maybe be a tad more polite.

Moh
24-03-2011, 08:07 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081112094433AACA2zQ

Either that, or they give you a bad rating and you're ****** with most banks. Atleast afaik.
Yeah, prob best to go into the bank :P

Are you under 18? They're not allowed to give you an overdraft if so and will waive the fees.
I'm over 18 :P

I tried to use my overdraft the other day and it rejected it, meaning that I actually have a cap on my overdraft, just the system ****** up and let me go over by £4.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!