PDA

View Full Version : The Way You Look

RainFall.
14-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Now this has what has grasped at me over the past few weeks. People take you for what you look like. Maybe if you wear glasses and lots of spots.. alot of people would class you as a geek. But you may start chatting to someone like that and they're sound. Now it dont matter whats on the outside, it's whats on the inside that counts lol

I have a little story to tell you

I was in school and was going to my last lesson. We were coming in from break and these year 9's started pushing this year 7 with glasses saying geek geek!
Now I started chatting to this boy and he seems really nice, I find it very unfair how people treat eachother. I mean in the 20th century, take for instance 1970's, everyone was kind to eachother.. There was no inventions of happy slaps, BB guns and lots of swearing, I feel sorry for people who are being born right now, Of what they will have to grow up in.. This thread is to show that not everyone looks what they are.. I hope you read this thread and agree

Yours truely :D (lol I sound like my dad ARR!)

xJoeYx
14-08-2005, 10:40 PM
the 70's wasnt as peaceful as you may think, perhaps your thinking too much of the hippy movement, those years were actually quite violent with protesting and other activities.
i agree with what you say about its the inside that counts, unfortunetly very few people share this view.

Kannae
14-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Thats why I love to talk to people on messenger and stuff, I mean the people I don't know. Then they don't judge you by what You look like but what you say. I get so annoyed with stupid people that think about your looks and your home life. Some girl didnt want to be my friend coz I didn't have a mum!?? What's that all about? On Habbo it seems no-one cares what its like for you in real life, they still like you :)

Vivianne
15-08-2005, 02:05 AM
well a do seem a lot of chances in my school one person in class threw a pencil into another girl's eye turns out that girl's parents is gonna sue the kid they didnt come back to school ever sience that day belvie they are home schooled bu anyways mostly big kids who use them bad role model for little kids and maybe we should do something about it by standing up to each other i mean u got friends to do that too but even protect someone u dont know

Shadowrock!
15-08-2005, 02:27 AM
. I mean in the 20th century, take for instance 1970's, everyone was kind to eachother.. There was no inventions of happy slaps, BB guns and lots of swearing!)

im pretty sure there were ;)

and yeh i see your point. but some ppl ARE NOT nice on the inside. :)

RainFall.
15-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I also want to add

I wear glasses but have a great sense of humor, I hate it in school when they class you as a geek. There are around 30 out of 80 in my year who wear glasses. Around 10 in my class who wear glasses, I am not ashamed what-so-ever and I am proud to have them.... Get to wear contact lenses! :d

StripedTiger
15-08-2005, 10:37 AM
hmm yah i quite agree

i look like an angel but im totally the oposite to that ^_^

anyway bullying these days is getting worse too by far

Rachi
15-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeh.
Old ppl cant even go out in the street with out being mugged
"/

.charley.
16-08-2005, 12:41 PM
No one in this world is ugly.. Its the people around you that may think your ugly. But if you look into the mirror and say I am not ugly soon your believe it.. If you think your not ugly then no one else will. But before people might turn round and call you stuck up for having confidence >.< Thats what everyone says to me >:( :grr I agree..

Rachi
16-08-2005, 12:43 PM
If you think that ur ugly
You're probably not "/
If you think ur ugly and walk down the street paranoid bcoz u think ur so ugly people are staring at you, Well ur wrong, they r lookin at you bcoz u are so paranoid about zee way u look. If you go around lookin scared and wondering iof ppl are lookin at you
U catn go down the street with out bein looked at "/

lauralol
16-08-2005, 12:45 PM
nobody is really truly ugly, everyone has something good about them

Roboevil
16-08-2005, 12:48 PM
It depends to what extent people are ugly, I could never speak to a smelly, repulsuve, *****r as it would make me heave, I see that if there was not a reason for us find ugly people vile, we wouldn't have the ability of taste and favour. I think anyone can be pretty enough... They just have to sort themselves out and stop being so depressive.
I don't know if any of that makes sense because I come from a world of happy, pretty people and i've seen very few ugly people who are around my age =/.

RedStratocas
16-08-2005, 03:16 PM
And no, you are only seeing the videos of people happy in the 70's. Bullying was much worse, MUCH worse in the 70's. You may not think so, but bullying is going down since the 50's. Because back then, teachers didnt care as much if you got beat up, many didnt care at all.

I dont like bullying either but I HATE the overprotective parents. The ones who try to protect their kids from every possible frustration, anxioty, and hurt feeling. They have no idea that they are weakening their kids. Now your kid is going to think life is perfectly fair to everyone, and if something bad happens, it will be fixed in a second. Kids need to know that life is an endless charade of dissapointment, that ends in death.

0verRide
16-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I also want to add

I wear glasses but have a great sense of humor, I hate it in school when they class you as a geek. There are around 30 out of 80 in my year who wear glasses. Around 10 in my class who wear glasses, I am not ashamed what-so-ever and I am proud to have them.... Get to wear contact lenses! :d

im kind of the same i wear glasses, but i wish i didnt people usually take the mick out of me about my spots on my face or that i look 15 when im only 12 when i usually get insults like that i can now take them coz really the joke is getting old

Eamonn
16-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Eugh thats why i wear contact lenses i still never got bullied but i never wore them out side so i wanted lenses

Kitty-Gal
16-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I wear glasses too :s
People have made fun of me :(
But in real life I have a great personality
like everyone else does xD

Rou
16-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Last Person Too HAppy Slap Me Had a Broken Nose

Eamonn
16-08-2005, 10:52 PM
oo mr hard man

xJoeYx
16-08-2005, 11:05 PM
oo mr hard man

just what i was thinking.

chipie60
16-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I wear glasses and when someone calls me a geek i accept it and say 'Yup i am' this makes the person back off a bit. Another reply peeps with glasses can make is 'At least i can't get punched' Ya know cos of the glass xD
Bullying is wrong inside counts, just keep a open mind of everyone else, set the example. ;)

Eamonn
16-08-2005, 11:17 PM
no one saw my glasses except the people in my class and sets and i get on with everyone in my classes and sets really so it was fine and i only wore them when i was sitting at the back , now i wear contact lenses so much better

eggd2
16-08-2005, 11:17 PM
there are ugly people and they are called bullys

Eamonn
16-08-2005, 11:20 PM
people who bully you about looks are just insecure about there own

eggd2
16-08-2005, 11:22 PM
i hate it how some bullys wear beat bulling bands, how pointless

Eamonn
16-08-2005, 11:23 PM
i hate it how some bullys wear beat bulling bands, how pointless
yea and racist people wear anti-racism bands

chipie60
16-08-2005, 11:23 PM
people who bully you about looks are just insecure about there own
True words ;']

eggd2
16-08-2005, 11:25 PM
one time a whole gang at school in the courtyard came up to me and just beat me, i got knocked out and had 2 go 2 the hospital

6mike6
16-08-2005, 11:45 PM
They say that everyone has been bullied at least once in their lives whether its at school, Home or anyone else. I dont know if this is true but Apparently Most bullies have been bulied themselves and are insecure. I dont see why this makes them bully other people but it must make them feel better and put all there pressure onto someone else or something. But Basically Bullying Is getting worse and nothing seems to be happening about it.

Rou
17-08-2005, 10:28 AM
oo mr hard man

Thats Me :p

SkaKid77
19-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Seriously...good job. Although the guy and the other person who said "ooh hard man" need to grow up. Someone tried to knock me off my bike while i was cycling (minding my own business) so i walked over and hit them. They had 2 friends with them so probably thought i wouldnt do anything.

Thats how the mind of a bully works, first of all they pick on the weak, and second they only do it in a crowd. That way there is less chance of that person fighting back because it would be a 3 on 1 (in my case).

Of course it didnt turn into a 3 on 1 because his friends didnt want the same treatment.

If someone wants to pick a fight with you because they think you are weak show them that you arent and give them that broken nose they are asking for. If you dont fight back they have won and you look stupid because you walked away and they got away with it.

Luayminator
30-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, thats why its cool on habbo, because on Habbo you get liked because of who your are.

x!xVaNx!x
05-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I Dont See The Point In Taking The Fun Out People Just For How They Look You Should Be Proud Of Hu You Are And If Your Not Well Thats Upto You I Only Wear Glassers For The Comp The Suit Me ;)

mousemutant
30-09-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm so dam vein! XD

I look in the mirror, what, 20 minutes at LEAST a day? I suppose quite a bit of that is applying this stuff called t-zone to anything that even looks ugly like a tiny spot or something. I'm frigging paranoid! A friend's friend's girlfriend wanted to kiss me? :P

So yes, looks are a big thing for me, but I do disagree with the treating of some people very much so. Unless of course the inside of them really is a bit weird....... Hmph

RedStratocas
04-10-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm so dam vein! XD

I look in the mirror, what, 20 minutes at LEAST a day? I suppose quite a bit of that is applying this stuff called t-zone to anything that even looks ugly like a tiny spot or something. I'm frigging paranoid! A friend's friend's girlfriend wanted to kiss me? :P

So yes, looks are a big thing for me, but I do disagree with the treating of some people very much so. Unless of course the inside of them really is a bit weird....... Hmph

Haha.
Yeh, it is wrong to make fun of someone for looks, although its never happened to me (in a mean, serious way. Me and my friends make jokes about eachother, but we dont mean anything). People (from my understanding) think im hot:P . No one has told me to my face, but other people tell me that someone else thinks im hot. Like on myspace and stuff, people say Im hot:D I dont know, Im not obsessed with myself, its just wierd.

Even if you are good looking, it isnt easy to avoid judgemental people. People think just because someone is pretty or "hot", they are stupid. So its either you are ugly and smart, or good looking and stupid to people.

Kimmeh.
05-10-2005, 09:55 PM
You should learn to love yourself, no matter what anybody says about you, if you love yourself you've nothing to fear. If somebody teases you just think, their stereotypical comments are worth nothing to me because I know in myself I'm a person, and I'm proud of myself for who I am. (Words of my Gran herself) :)

Luayminator
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I actually only care too much when there is a girl I like or something
2100 post :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!