PDA

View Full Version : Never ever work in wetherspoons kitchen

Jake
29-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Fml i left my old job last sat ive been at wetherspoons 6 days and giving them my notice tommorrow its the biggest pile of crap ive ever worked at its the most boring job.

Everything is microwave, EVERYTHING cook chips in oven someone wants lasagne an chips chips reheated lasagne reheated microwave

+ worked sunday and the sunday dinners are individually portioned already in gravy frozen put in microwave for 4 mins and done i mean wtf that aint cooking, AND AND someone doesnt want gravy? They cook it in the microwave and DIP it in boiling water to get rid of the gravy then put it on the plate i mean COME ON EWWW.

end of rant

Mikey
29-03-2011, 04:50 PM
olord. puke

i liked weatherspoons, haven't been in months but not now XD

cocaine
29-03-2011, 05:15 PM
lool lucky you are resigning.. you could get in so much trouble. the boss of the retail company i worked for personally rung me up and gave me a bollocking down the phone because of something i had posted on this site..

Alkaz
29-03-2011, 05:17 PM
lool lucky you are resigning.. you could get in so much trouble. the boss of the retail company i worked for personally rung me up and gave me a bollocking down the phone because of something i had posted on this site..
lmao how on earth did he find out?

cocaine
29-03-2011, 05:22 PM
big companies like that have bots that will search newly-created internet pages for keywords. i must have made the mistake of typing my employers company name into a post haha. i really dont know how they identified me (my profile on this reveals nothing about my identity) so i have actually no clue. I felt like questioning him as to invading my privacy but tbh i wanted to keep my job haha

Chris
29-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Ew god, remind me to never eat there again. If I where you though, I wouldn't really want to work there either. :P

Suspective
29-03-2011, 06:10 PM
That is why their food is so cheap...

I have one in my town and I won't be going there anytime soon.

If you want to get into food/catering, you are probably better finding somewhere else to work - so I don't blame you for resigning. :P

Good luck finding a new job!

Inseriousity.
29-03-2011, 06:24 PM
A job's better than nothing though :(

Jake
29-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I quit my previous job to go there popped in today and they didn't even take me off the system so I start back nxt week. ;)

luce
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
we don't have one over here so i have never been but i think that most places are like that but i hope not that bad. Sounds boring though!

Arron
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I like Weatherspoons. I last had a meal there a couple of months ago and it didn't taste like microwaved food if you know what I mean...

Jessicrawrr
02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
sounds gross.. don't think I've ever had a meal there, don't plan to now.

Catzsy
02-04-2011, 09:37 AM
God I will never go to Weatherspoons again. Thanks for this! :D

Camy
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Lol, I go to wetherspoons all the time, it always tastes pretty good, so who cares if its microwaved, it's not like they're the only place that does it.

yattolrahc
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
i think thats just ur spoons mate! i work in the kitchen at 1 and yh alot of the stuff is microwaved. all the steaks and burgers r all freshly cooked. breakfasts r some of the freshest things around. must just depend on the pub. some city pubs i know r bad but the outskirts pubs r far better

beth
10-04-2011, 10:20 PM
anyone who DIDN'T realise spoons microwave their food is silly.

Richie
11-04-2011, 06:23 AM
With all respect I don't think now is the right time to be picky about jobs :P. If you don't like it don't eat the food. I work in food production and I love it, it's tiring but I love being on my toes constantly. If you're just looking for a Job whilst in education / further studys, any job should do. If you are looking for a full-time career, leave if you wish and do what you want to do but with that said I wish you the best of luck finding another Job, I'm not sure what's like in England but over here jobs are extremely scarce.

Good luck man.

,elaboratedolls
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Blagh!
Never heard of the place, but still.

-Eyeless-
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Go to weatherspoons every day between lectures for a pint and a burger, or at least I did when I could afford it. Couldn't care less if they microwave or not xD Still tastes good.

beth
11-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Blagh!
Never heard of the place, but still.

you've never heard of weatherspoons? do you live in a cave?

Jake
11-04-2011, 05:17 PM
the steaks were done on grill to get lines on then finished in oven, how are breakfasts fresh? cook off loads of bacon/sos/beans/eggs and keep in hot hold (Y)

I got a new job within a day anyway as i went bk to my old job ;D

i think thats just ur spoons mate! i work in the kitchen at 1 and yh alot of the stuff is microwaved. all the steaks and burgers r all freshly cooked. breakfasts r some of the freshest things around. must just depend on the pub. some city pubs i know r bad but the outskirts pubs r far better

Sian
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
i can imagine this, but then again what should you expect if you go to somewhere so cheap? I don't expect top chefs :p. It's still quite gross though.

nicocee
11-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I think I have just been put off wetherspoons ... YUCK!!

,elaboratedolls
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
you've never heard of weatherspoons? do you live in a cave?

xD No I actually haven't. Well, I've probably heard the name once or twice, but ehem. Is it meant to be a supermarket or something?

beth
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
xD No I actually haven't. Well, I've probably heard the name once or twice, but ehem. Is it meant to be a supermarket or something?

wow that's crazyy! it's a chain of pubs that do food, and they're everywhere. there's at least 20 in birmingham.

,elaboratedolls
11-04-2011, 08:53 PM
wow that's crazyy! it's a chain of pubs that do food, and they're everywhere. there's at least 20 in birmingham.

Ohhhh!
I'm in a more rural area, so there's none where I live xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!