PDA

View Full Version : Sims Medieval.

prettyhotpixie
29-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey,

I brought the new Sims Medieval today for my PC, i think it is a pretty good game. What is everyone else's views on the game?

Nick
29-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I dont have it yet but i want to go down to EBGames and check it out.

Janet Snakehole
30-03-2011, 01:29 AM
I went to Manchester the other day and in the Arndale Centre they were doing a test thing on all consoles Sims Medieval is available for. I had a go on the PC and loved every second of it and ended up buying it! Not been off it since! :D

Nemo
30-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Downloading it now, will give ma feedback laterrrrr

GommeInc
31-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Downloading it now, will give ma feedback laterrrrr
What's your verdict then? :P

Not sure what to think of it. It reminds me a bit of The Guild 2 which is one of my favourite PC games.

Stephen
31-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Looks alright. I'll probably try it out when I can be arsed

Josh
31-03-2011, 12:11 PM
It's fun and it's a nice game but there are like 10 ambitions. Most of the starting quests are boring. I did the first ambition and it was great, then I tried the second ambition and failed, as I didn't know how to Annex territories and stuff. So I actually failed that ambition and needed to redo it. I was really annoyed because you have to rebuild everything back up including your levels, relationships and buildings. AND, if you move a hero from your first ambition to the second, if you happen to fail it, you lose that hero which REALLY, annoyed me.

For the record, I gave up on level two because I was bored.

Oh yeah, I would have really loved being a peasent and the storyline not so linear. I know they did it this way, but one where you live as farmer growing just enough food to survive and then doing extra jobs to earn extra money so you can move up into a blacksmith or something would have been better IMO.

GommeInc
31-03-2011, 08:50 PM
It's fun and it's a nice game but there are like 10 ambitions. Most of the starting quests are boring. I did the first ambition and it was great, then I tried the second ambition and failed, as I didn't know how to Annex territories and stuff. So I actually failed that ambition and needed to redo it. I was really annoyed because you have to rebuild everything back up including your levels, relationships and buildings. AND, if you move a hero from your first ambition to the second, if you happen to fail it, you lose that hero which REALLY, annoyed me.

For the record, I gave up on level two because I was bored.

Oh yeah, I would have really loved being a peasent and the storyline not so linear. I know they did it this way, but one where you live as farmer growing just enough food to survive and then doing extra jobs to earn extra money so you can move up into a blacksmith or something would have been better IMO.
You would probably like The Guild 2 then :P It's a shame there doesn't appear to be a new one in the works, or another game of its type out there :/

peteyt
09-04-2011, 01:05 PM
I kind of gave up on the sims. I used to play the original Maxis games, but it's like they keep releasing new versions e.g. sims 3 - and then u gotta re collect expansion packs.

I know this game is standalone but still, I think they've pushed it too far.

dirrty
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I kind of gave up on the sims. I used to play the original Maxis games, but it's like they keep releasing new versions e.g. sims 3 - and then u gotta re collect expansion packs.

I know this game is standalone but still, I think they've pushed it too far.
well that's nothing new. they've always released a base game and then multiple expansion packs. it wouldn't be viable for them to do it any other way tbf.

but yeah, i deffo wanna download it - can't find a mac download though so i'll wait. hopefully it'll be good - but i doubt it'll be as good as the sims 2 (& expansion packs)

peteyt
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM
But the problem with me is that they take content out e.g. sims 1 had an expansion for pets, sims 2 had an expansion for pets

Obviously they want to make money and people buy them. But I wouldn't buy all the expansions just to buy them again

Hiro
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I downloaded it, but had a grapical bug on Create a Sim, so I might just go out and buy it.

GommeInc
10-04-2011, 01:41 AM
But the problem with me is that they take content out e.g. sims 1 had an expansion for pets, sims 2 had an expansion for pets
This makes no sense... So when The Sims 2 was released, you didn't feel annoyed that The Sims 2 Pets had been left prior to its release? The Sims 3 Pets equivilent will come soon enough, it's still a new game :P

peteyt
10-04-2011, 02:59 AM
This makes no sense... So when The Sims 2 was released, you didn't feel annoyed that The Sims 2 Pets had been left prior to its release? The Sims 3 Pets equivilent will come soon enough, it's still a new game :P

It makes sense with me. The problem is you buy all the expansions, then sims 3 comes and if u want pets and other stuff you've got to then buy expansions again. And then probably again when sims 4 comes out.

It's an obvious way for the game to rake more revenue and appears to work but I wouldn't buy it. When someone creates like a new version it should be a collection of all the stuff from the past with extas.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!