PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Banned for reporting.

Lukie
31-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Basically i've just received a perm ban for reporting someone who came in to my room, whispered to me, "Nice room layout" he them tried prompting me to go on a website. I knew straight away that it was dodgy and reported him via the help tool, I said something along the lines of "He's telling me to go on a scam site, why is he doing this? Please ban him!" I'm not being funny, but the moderators these days are an absolute joke! I will not be reporting anyone spamming scam website again. Is it likely that i'll be unbanned? If so, how long does it usually take? Thank's in advance. :@

SE.

Conservative,
31-03-2011, 11:05 PM
It takes a few days for a reply. I assume you've already appealed? If not go to the help tool and appeal. If all else fails, PM Redtiz on the forum and explain your situation :)

Lukie
31-03-2011, 11:10 PM
It takes a few days for a reply. I assume you've already appealed? If not go to the help tool and appeal. If all else fails, PM Redtiz on the forum and explain your situation :)

Thank's for the quick reply Conservative, I'll give Redtiz a PM if i'm unsuccessful with my appeal!

j0rd
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Did you send any CFH's before that, it may of been from a previous one.

Lukie
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Did you send any CFH's before that, it may of been from a previous one.
Assuming CFH means call for help, the only other one i sent was where i asked if the un merged accounts were being deleted, but that was around lunch time! :S

Marbian
01-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I doubt that they banned you for that, unless they are looking for a sack.

j0rd
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
What was the actual ban reason, this baffles me.

Lukie
01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
What was the actual ban reason, this baffles me.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/25ztekl.jpg

A guy came in to my room, he whispered "Nice room layout." blah blah, he then said "Go on to this website for credits" something like that, i went a long with him asking what the site done, knowing full well it was a scam. He then told me that he and his friends had done it and received special gifts. I reported him to the help tool and with in minutes i was banned. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 01-04-2011 at 01:11 PM ----------

I doubt that they banned you for that, unless they are looking for a sack.
Why else would i receive a ban minutes later saying "You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "You have been banned until 27-08-2022 09:24:56. Giving out links to scamsites is not permitted."

RockyHorror
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Did you type the scam site at any point either in room or CFH?

I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned for seemingly going along with the scammer, talking about the website with him/her. That wasn't the smartest move on your part, you should of just kick banned him or reported him because, when moderators and investigating they are just going to be skimming though the chat log quickly, to have a brief idea of the situation. So if they read through it and see you talking about it then there's always a possibility they will mistakenly ban you because it looks like your promoting it.

If you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about, be persistent with them (but don't pester) and they will apologise and give your account back.

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 08:53 PM
If you are telling the truth that is a seriously harsh ban.

Although, you screenshot did make me laugh :P

Repeat offences may mean we contact the police, or your parents.

Chippiewill
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
What it looks like is that the moderator types out the wrong name into the ban box because they were being sloppy and rushing it because they have like two moderators per hotel now or something like that.

Michael
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I doubt that the mod types the wrong name into the box, that would be slacking at his/her job?

Chippiewill
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I doubt that the mod types the wrong name into the box, that would be slacking at his/her job?
Have you noticed that change in moderation quality, they outsourced to china or w/e.

GommeInc
01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
If you are telling the truth that is a seriously harsh ban.

Although, you screenshot did make me laugh :P

Repeat offences may mean we contact the police, or your parents.
*screams* Nooooo, not the parents! :P

They shouldn't ban people for using the call for help... That's like the police shooting you for dialing 999 when explaining to them that someone is trying to sell drugs to you - but as this is Habbo it's to be expected.

Toilet
02-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I've been banned for reporting someone multiple times before, although they were only 2 hr bans.

Plebings
02-04-2011, 12:38 AM
You have been banned! The reason for your ban is: Tattling on other Habbos

You'll swiftly get unbanned if you didn't type in the URL, explain that you were trying to get the Habbo to give away signs that it was a scam site and capitalise that it was you who reported them as further proof for your innocence. Good luck and keep us posted!

Lukie
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Did you type the scam site at any point either in room or CFH?

I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned for seemingly going along with the scammer, talking about the website with him/her. That wasn't the smartest move on your part, you should of just kick banned him or reported him because, when moderators and investigating they are just going to be skimming though the chat log quickly, to have a brief idea of the situation. So if they read through it and see you talking about it then there's always a possibility they will mistakenly ban you because it looks like your promoting it.

If you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about, be persistent with them (but don't pester) and they will apologise and give your account back.

You're right, i should not of gone along with him/her, but surely i can't be remain banned until 2022?

---------- Post added 02-04-2011 at 04:45 AM ----------

You have been banned! The reason for your ban is: Tattling on other Habbos

You'll swiftly get unbanned if you didn't type in the URL, explain that you were trying to get the Habbo to give away signs that it was a scam site and capitalise that it was you who reported them as further proof for your innocence. Good luck and keep us posted!
Thank's Plebbings, i'll try that if my current appeal fails! I'll keep you posted, don't worry! I doubt i'll hear from them for another week or so! They're so slow with responses! :@

Jordy
02-04-2011, 04:20 AM
It strike me as just a sloppy mix-up where you've been banned instead of the scammer. Quite plausible but unacceptable none of the less.

Jessicrawrr
02-04-2011, 08:11 AM
I've been warned for reporting people for apparently abusing the call for help system, but nothing happens to them.
You're either just unlucky, or they've had a mix up.

Catzsy
02-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I've been warned for reporting people for apparently abusing the call for help system, but nothing happens to them.
You're either just unlucky, or they've had a mix up.

Agree and hopefully it is a mix up. Good luck on your appeal. :D

TonyBest
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Unlucky on the ban, I would appeal the ban and say exactly what has happened and that you didn't advertise any scam sites. Then hopefully they will recheck the chat logs and eventually unban you

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Have you noticed that change in moderation quality, they outsourced to china or w/e.

What it looks like is that the moderator types out the wrong name into the ban box because they were being sloppy and rushing it because they have like two moderators per hotel now or something like that.

I think your a bit disillusioned or bitter by what you've read or have happened to you. I know for a fact, there are 10 UK staff, granted a lot of people were cut because of the merge but that was enviable, you have numerous hotels merging into one, therefore an excess amount of staff.

Sulake made the business decision to keep a higher majority of Singaporean staff because it's cheaper for them, but staff from other countries remain and moderation conjunctively.

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I think your a bit disillusioned or bitter by what you've read or have happened to you. I know for a fact, there are 10 UK staff, granted a lot of people were cut because of the merge but that was enviable, you have numerous hotels merging into one, therefore an excess amount of staff.

Sulake made the business decision to keep a higher majority of Singaporean staff because it's cheaper for them, but staff from other countries remain and moderation conjunctively.

Please don't use words you don't understand. I believe you meant to say 'inevitable'.

The moderation quality has NEVER been very good - I mean it cannot be the most thrilling job in the world, and the pay is not very good.

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Please don't use words you don't understand. I believe you meant to say 'inevitable'.

The moderation quality has NEVER been very good - I mean it cannot be the most thrilling job in the world, and the pay is not very good.

I don't understand the word? But you knew what I meant? Try thinking on that a second. Spelling was never my strong suit, so I let spell check do the work for me, quite clearly i clicked the wrong word. I shall never live down the embarrassment this has caused me and my family.

In every line of job be it high earning or low, there are going to be mistakes. You can't condemn the whole staff by a few mistakes when they deal with hundreds of CFH's daily whereby they make the correct judgement.

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't understand the word? But you knew what I meant? Try thinking on that a second. Spelling was never my strong suit, so I let spell check do the work for me, quite clearly i clicked the wrong word. I shall never live down the embarrassment this has caused me and my family.

In every line of job be it high earning or low, there are going to be mistakes. You can't condemn the whole staff by a few mistakes when they deal with hundreds of CFH's daily whereby they make the correct judgement.

I didn't say they can't make mistakes, I just think the moderation quality has never been very good.

And don't worry, being a genius I could work out that you didn't mean to talk about envy..

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
You've conceded to every point I've made, the only reason you're bothering to reply is out of some sense of foolish pride, it's laughable.

The funny thing is I loosely agree with you, just not how you've portrayed it. Some members of the moderation team are more lenient on certain matters, whereby they shouldn't be. All cases should be treated the same, but thats the problem with human moderation, its flawed by the simple fact that people have different POV's.

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 02:10 PM
You've conceded to every point I've made, the only reason you're bothering to reply is out of some sense of foolish pride, it's laughable.

The funny thing is I loosely agree with you, just not how you've portrayed it. Some members of the moderation team are more lenient on certain matters, whereby they shouldn't be. All cases should be treated the same, but thats the problem with human moderation, its flawed by the simple fact that people have different POV's.

You are a fool.

I have not 'conceded to every point you've made' - all I said was the moderation team has never been great?

And with the amount of automated replies for things such as people posting scam sites, I don't think wrong at all.

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 02:33 PM
There mere fact you have made no credible argument towards the points I've written shows you have conceded to them, all you are doing is trying to insult my intelligence or bringing up separate points like in your last post about automated replies, that has nothing to do with either proving or disproving the fact that moderators are competent.

But i'll bite, on the matter of automated replies, of course they have to implement a set of automated replies as it is entirely unfeasible to expect them to give individual responses to the same type of problem. Sulake are running a business not a game as we the user's perceive it, so they don't want to be paying staff to spend copious amount's of time giving individual responses when they could be dealing with other problems. It doesn't mean they don't investigate the CFH it just there to assure user's that there call is being dealt with appropriately, so the user doesn't get despondent by the seemingly lack of action taking place.

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
There mere fact you have made no credible argument towards the points I've written shows you have conceded to them, all you are doing is trying to insult my intelligence or bringing up separate points like in your last post about automated replies, that has nothing to do with either proving or disproving the fact that moderators are competent.

But i'll bite, on the matter of automated replies, of course they have to implement a set of automated replies as it is entirely unfeasible to expect them to give individual responses to the same type of problem. Sulake are running a business not a game as we the user's perceive it, so they don't want to be paying staff to spend copious amount's of time giving individual responses when they could be dealing with other problems. It doesn't mean they don't investigate the CFH it just there to assure user's that there call is being dealt with appropriately, so the user doesn't get despondent by the seemingly lack of action taking place.

As soon as they tell you to 'press the shut up button' you know full bloody well they are just ignoring the fact another user is breaking the rules.

P.S. Please stop writing essays, you are boring me.

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 02:48 PM
You're no fun, trying to keep a debate up at both ends is tiresome.

And that's all he wrote xox

On-topic;

If your parent's are aware of your Habbo activities, get them to send an email, as for a reason I can't quite fathom Habbo seem to respond quicker to them. :rolleyes:

Gibs960
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure you'll get unbanned, I was banned 2 years ago for "scamming" but me and a couple of mates had just been telling some stupid scammer to shut up.

Appeal, explain the situation as best you can, hopefully you'll get unbanned.

e5
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Help tool > 3 days ish yeah. Silly mods... or PM Redtiz on here

Lukie
11-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Habbo.

We've reviewed the ban which was placed upon your account, and it does appear that you were banned in error. We have unbanned your account, effective immediately. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Yours,

Habbo.com Customer Support

Catzsy
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Habbo.

We've reviewed the ban which was placed upon your account, and it does appear that you were banned in error. We have unbanned your account, effective immediately. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Yours,

Habbo.com Customer Support

Excellent news. Well done on getting your habbo back. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!