PDA

View Full Version : A Fansite Fanfare

Mr-Trainor
01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Original article: http://www.habbo.com/articles/2335-a-fansite-fanfare

See what's up in the latest Fansite Spotlight!
Did you know that we've got loads of top notch Fansites here in Habbo.com? They work tirelessly to bring extra fun and cool activities to the community!
If you're looking to get involved, find some aweome new friends or just want to see what's up -- you definitely should check out the the latest Fansite Spotlight ››
Thinking that this Fansite thing might be something for you?
Join the Fansite Group Page ››

- Fozzie, SmoothCriminal and Puffin, with some excellent help from 0rca - our fierce Fansite administrator!

Fansite spotlight: http://www.habbo.com/groups/fansites/discussions/997364/id

Hecktix
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Now we can speak about it, I think this is quite a lame attempt by Habbo to get back involved with fansites. I really hope they are going to make more of an effort to because in my eyes a paragraph each month simply is not enough.

Inseriousity.
01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Hopefully with the arrival of a 'Fansite Administrator', more involvement will follow as this is rather minor. What wage is 0rca getting, I'd want more for my money's worth Sulake :P

Shame nowhere in the article it says "Habbo does everything it can to help out its fansites... such as removing all VIP so they can't make money and publicity so they can't get popular" ;)

Zuth
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Shame it dosent say: Habbox is the best fansite around! :( Would be cool, and 100% true.

Mathew
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Habbox.com (http://www.habbox.com/)
Habbox are kicking the month off with an exciting battle banzai tournament! On Sunday 3rd April xxMattGxx and Hecktix will be attempting to hold the longest radio show ever on habboxlive. Habbox is holding our annual Easter Eggstravaganza which promises to give you loads of fun over your school holidays, with fantastic prizes too! We also have plenty of 'eggciting' quests planned for you on Habbo and our Forum too. Other fun things happening during April include the HabboxLive Marathon, Weekly Giveaways, Forum Competitions, The Habbox Lottery, our permanent weekly events including Animal Speedway and look out for some fantastic events in our helpdesk by searching xxMattGxx

Woooo Animal Speedway, my game :P... and the Banzai organised by events yayyy.
At least they're making an attempt, better than they've been doing for the past few months! :)

Shame Habbox isn't at the top of the list :@!

Zuth
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Woooo Animal Speedway, my game :P... and the Banzai organised by events yayyy.
At least they're making an attempt, better than they've been doing for the past few months! :)

Shame Habbox isn't at the top of the list :@!

I was thinking this! Habbox should be at the top! Were the best, the best lives at the top? Lool :P

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I assume each fansite wrote their bit?

If so, I am disappointed that Version Six got no mention. At all.

Michael
01-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Apparently fansites arent allowed to sell VIP/donator?

Martin
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I assume each fansite wrote their bit?

If so, I am disappointed that Version Six got no mention. At all.

Had to write a forecast of what we are doing for April, I originally added on about V6 and how it had never been easier to keep up to date with all the events/comps etc, however then it got sent back saying we needed to chop some off to make it 7-9 lines. (Mine was originally like 16 lines lol) but yeah, it's something which will be done each month which basically sets out a rough outline about what is happening at each fansite in that month, not a "what's happened during the previous month" etc, so unfortunately to meet the limit of lines that they imposed the V6 bit had to be cut, along with some other bits. :'(

I agree with Oli that it's a bit of a lame start at involving fansites as much as they could really. However, I think it's definitely promising that they are at least doing something and having someone like Bex who is the dedicated person doing this should improve things greatly. Who knows what the future may hold. :)

Zuth
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM

They are aloud to sell donator to help with the funding, but not VIP unless all proceeds go to a charity. (If I'm wrong please correct me :P)

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM

They can't sell VIP.

Hence why Habbox haven't sold VIP since 2009..

Michael
01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
They can't sell VIP.

Hence why Habbox haven't sold VIP since 2009..

So they are allowed to sell donator?

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
So they are allowed to sell donator?

Yes because you don't get extra features.

Just a coloured name recognizing your donation.

-Danube-
02-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Something is better than nothing, i hope this is the start of bigger and better things to come.

They could have put a banner of different fansites as you enter a room on Habbo maybe. The would have caught more peoples attention.

karter
02-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Is Great.la at the top of the fansites?

Andy-
02-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Hmm I found that quite useless as what is happening each month proball wont change unless something recognizable like christmas is coming. Though at least their doing something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!