PDA

View Full Version : Hello Welcome, to Old Habbo, Welcome to New Habbo ! [ IDEA ]

,Love
01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I recently came up with this idea. I'm sure it's been said before who knows.
I was thinking, what if Habbo made a seprate entering for " Old habbo and new habbo. "
You'd sign in the same but a pop up would appear saying, Old habbo or New habbo.
This way whoever would be interested in playing old habbo would have all the features of old habbo like Habbo Info bus, & the old games such as Battle Ball &Snow storm. If they wanted the New habbo their able to go into that place, and enjoy their time there, But if you wanted to combine your furniture to new habbo to old habbo it's not possible. It would look like this, and you'd click which one you'd enter and play (:
I believe, this would change so much - people are complaining how Habbo is becoming futuristic and losing the touch of why people came to Habbo from the beginning, I actually agree. Perhaps if they made something like this, people would come back and actually enjoy their time at Habbo instead of having to worry about what next will they change?
Please leave your comments below, tell me what you think about this idea. Peace !
& Yes I made this picture below, it's a bit cruddy, but um it'll do for now (:http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/Coldmuffin/welcomehabbo.jpg

Jordan
01-04-2011, 08:52 PM
People who complain will get over it, they should of by now. They did it for a couple of weeks when BETA was released so we got use to the newer Habbo.

There is no point in this!!

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Habbo didn't spend so long making 'new habbo' to then just let people keep playing old habbo.

That is like Intel saying 'These are our new processors! But hey, why not try out our stunning Intel Pentium processors from 2000?'

Michael
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I see no point whatsoever in putting back old habbo, and I dont suppose the entrance would look like that screenie either. Sorry!

Pass
01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
you're all so rude. it wouldn't happen but it's a cute idea and I really miss old habbo :(

AgnesIO
01-04-2011, 10:33 PM
you're all so rude. it wouldn't happen but it's a cute idea and I really miss old habbo :(

You need a better understanding on the word 'rude' imo.

Nick
01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
It would be hard for the hxhd because then we would need 2 and if we didnt make one in old one people would not be bothered coming on beta....

,Love
01-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't understand some of you.
Most of you who are commenting saying its a horrible idea
are the MAIN PEOPLE complaining about how you miss old habbo.
How you wish things didn't change. But as soon as I or someone else sticks up
for old habbo you all bash down upon it, sayin it's not worth it.
Well which is it? You miss old habbo but don't wanna fuss round with bringing it back?
Or is it that you just want attention sayin you miss old habbo and enjoy people agreeing with you?

Nick
02-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I like habbo beta....

orientalframe?
02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Basically, I don't care fussing round "trying" to get old habbo back. I got over it about a year ago, I just think this is a pointless idea, sorry.

Nick
02-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Also it would cost habbo more money to get another hotel up

Jessicrawrr
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM
pointless, habbo spent lots of time money and effort into making new habbo.
get over it.

AgnesIO
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't understand some of you.
Most of you who are commenting saying its a horrible idea
are the MAIN PEOPLE complaining about how you miss old habbo.
How you wish things didn't change. But as soon as I or someone else sticks up
for old habbo you all bash down upon it, sayin it's not worth it.
Well which is it? You miss old habbo but don't wanna fuss round with bringing it back?
Or is it that you just want attention sayin you miss old habbo and enjoy people agreeing with you?

It is just an idea that will NEVER happen, never SHOULD happen, and isn't even feasible.

Why would Sulake have paid so many people to make their new habbo, to then allow grumpy old gits to use old habbo?

karter
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
That's quite cute that you say that but this won't happen. Habbo has changed for better anyways.. even though we had to sacrifice some very cool features.

Imagine someone saying "I want the 2004 Facebook Back!" , This won't happen ever..

Only thing they can do is return some of the features that were there in the hotel.. Like cameras and Snowstorm(Which is unlikely)

Zak
02-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Companies only want to forward their game and make it better. To go back in time seems pointless to me.

We sometimes miss the old features displayed in games, but in the end 99% of users get over it. I'm agreeing with most users on this, that this isn't really a good idea. Not to mention the flaws in security there were years back, the ability to script serverside and what would be done about the furniture? In 2005 I know DJ Decks were super rare on Habbo UK, but that isn't the case now? They're like 40c.

All the furniture would be different, what would be done about the merge, what about the users and their accounts and their furniture? What about Habbo's expenditure, what about staff for the 'old hotel'. ?

When retros are produced for Habbo, they carry with it all the flaws that are patched up with future releases of Habbo I'm pretty sure. If we went back to very early versions, all the serverside scripting, including that of furni could be done. Also the dictionary attacking of the accounts would also be very possible. Which carries the question, why not implement Habbo's current security and patches with the old hotel.. but then it wouldn't be the OLD HABBO now would it? :)

Marbian
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
This idea was put into the board that beta testers were given. But it didn't happen. Also, before the merg, loads of things messed up in the main hotel, things didnt work, loads of bugs, simply because of the beta stuff... I have no idea what was making it buggy, but it did. So I don't think they could anyway, only if they done it all back up. Plus, with shockwave, they'll need more servers.

But, I do miss old habbo. I even go on retros and cry -joke- over how i miss the old habbo... i havent grown out of it, i honestly do miss it. I wish they could bring it back, deffo the console.

,Love
03-04-2011, 04:20 AM
It is just an idea that will NEVER happen, never SHOULD happen, and isn't even feasible.

Why would Sulake have paid so many people to make their new habbo, to then allow grumpy old gits to use old habbo? So you say, & you wonder why tons of people have left Habbo because, it keeps changing for no reason. If we wanted Habbo to change us the people of Habbo would of spoken up. We never asked for the Habbo's to merge? We never asked for the good old days of Habbo to change? No we didnt. Habbo ( Company & Staff ) decided that upon theirselves. It's not fair.

Jordan
03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
It is fair, you've signed up, it's a game.

Memorilla
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Although it's a cute idea, I highly doubt they would do any of this. Why would they? As others already stated, I presume they've spent a lot of money on the new hotel, so why on earth would they spend even more money on old Habbo. You people need to get used to change, it's a company for heavens sake. As Jordan already said, it is fair. You've signed up to their game, Habbo, and of course just like any other company it will be improved as time goes on. Y'all are entitled to your own opinion but I think you need to face reality and to know it's not coming back. >.> It's never going to be the exact same for 10 years. You might as well just leave and play a you know what. Sulake, along with many other companies will never be able to satisfy everyone.

RockyHorror
03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Your definition of 'Old Habbo' wouldn't be the same as someone else's because you join at different times.

Most people have absolutely no clue what 'Old Habbo' was like. Coming from someone who joined a couple of months after it was first created, Habbo used to be a chat room, with some basic furniture sets to create an environment to talk in. Now it's evolved into a money centered RPG. If you want to get nostalgic, use retros.

lawrawrrr
03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
All games have to evolve - there is a reason old habbo didn't stay... some essential, some non-essential updates. Apart from a few features that I miss (snowstorm, battle banzai, cameras), I actually quite like the new habbo :)

Nuxty
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Why would Sulake have paid so many people to make their new habbo, to then allow grumpy old gits to use old habbo?

Total agreement with you here.

People need to realise that money, time and effort has gone into the creation of the new client, in terms of Sulakes business goals and aims, I assume that they will want to move forward and release new versions and services, not going back on themselves are releasing old systems!

Kalk
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
you wonder why tons of people have left Habbo because, it keeps changing for no reason.

No.. tons of people leave Habbo because they grow up.

Then younger people come on, and expect to be greeted with up to date technology, not pixels from the past.

Matthew
05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
So you say, & you wonder why tons of people have left Habbo because, it keeps changing for no reason. If we wanted Habbo to change us the people of Habbo would of spoken up. We never asked for the Habbo's to merge? We never asked for the good old days of Habbo to change? No we didnt. Habbo ( Company & Staff ) decided that upon theirselves. It's not fair.

lol?
Of course its fair; its not the players who decide what happens to a game, its the owner. Its not up to us to 'ask for things to happen'. Yes at times its nice, but its not us who runs habbo, its sulake.

Think of it from a business point of view; why would a company spend so much money starting a 'new habbo' just to bring back the old one? It just makes no sense whatsoever. Yes people left, but as Kalk said it is because they grew up. All of the old schoolers left habbo, and the younger generation has moved in. That is why there seems to be a lot more younger people playing habbo than there used to be.

To be fair, I haven't even heard people moaning about new habbo since the days when it was just released. Everyone has gotten over it.

Nice of you to think of this I suppose, but when you actually think about it, its a ridiculous idea!

AgnesIO
05-04-2011, 09:12 PM
So you say, & you wonder why tons of people have left Habbo because, it keeps changing for no reason. If we wanted Habbo to change us the people of Habbo would of spoken up. We never asked for the Habbo's to merge? We never asked for the good old days of Habbo to change? No we didnt. Habbo ( Company & Staff ) decided that upon theirselves. It's not fair.

I am sure many Manchester United fans didn't want Ronaldo to leave for Real Madrid - and they pay hundreds of pounds a year. But they don't own the club - so it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Don't be a fool.

Plebings
06-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Swear we're all too young to start saying 'back in the day...'

ChickenFaces
06-04-2011, 01:20 AM
It's a cute idea but I doubt habbo would take up that much time/energy to do everything throughout two hotels.

Mace
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I absolutely loved old habbo its way better than new habbo, i miss the old consoles the most ;(

Pillow-Face
14-04-2011, 02:28 AM
There are some things I don't like about "New" habbo, like he merge and personally I think its a bit complicated now and there is too much? But in saying that i did join in 2004 when it was very simple haha.

Someone said people left habbo because they grew up, personally I left habbo for a while round the ime of the merge because it had changed so much and I used retros because I prefered the "old" habbo.

But someone also said that new users are coming to habbo expecting the latest things...users who just recently joined wouldn't have looked twice if habbo was still "old". If habbo hadn't of evolved and improved (like everything does over time) then it probably wouldn't still be running.

I came back to habbo and now i'm used to how it is, and maybe the merge is good cos ive met people who i wouldnt have met if the hotel was UK only.

I miss some old features tho, but im used to the new ones.

I see where you are coming from with your idea, and it is nice, but not really possible. And if my friends were all on the "Old" habbo and i was on the "new" one..then what? haha

*Removed*

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't break the 'Habbo Way'. Thanks.

Tom
14-04-2011, 09:54 AM
As many people have said, bringing back old Habbo is just a waste of more time. Why bring back an older version and 'waste' time when you can just make Habbo EVEN BETTER - including people's ideas in what you bring. They've brought a couple of things back from 'old habbo' such as when you get an instant message you get the beeping noise. Nothing more is going to come back I imagine. Why would Habbo go back to oldschool where you could hardly do anything, there where loads of bugs etc?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!