PDA

View Full Version : Books I need a new book

HotelUser
02-04-2011, 03:53 PM
I've just finished Battle Royale and The Time Traveller's Wife about at the same time, actually, and before those, I read The Giver and a few other dystopias.

Does anyone recommend any good books to read? I'd like a nice long romance or dystopia or just something generally interesting.

Inseriousity.
02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
The Hunger Games is a trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay) its very good and similar to battle royale :)

lawrawrrr
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
How you managed to finish the time traveller's wife is beyond me...

Dystopia omg yes... The Road, 1984, Never Let Me Go - just some of my favourites

Romances... let's not start that list. Wuthering Heights, any Austen, The Notebook...

Other good books i've read recently... The memory keeper's daughter, Room

(that's off the top of my head anyway)

sophiethenerd
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Hunger games are excellent! (The first one is anyway .Not read the rest)
I think what is great to do if you don't know what to read, is go to the nearest bookshop and just walk around looking and reading blurbs. One of them is bound to catch your eye.

HotelUser
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Hunger games are excellent! (The first one is anyway .Not read the rest)
I think what is great to do if you don't know what to read, is go to the nearest bookshop and just walk around looking and reading blurbs. One of them is bound to catch your eye.

The Hunger Games is a trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay) its very good and similar to battle royale :)

I've read them and they are very good, much better than Battle Royale was :)

How you managed to finish the time traveller's wife is beyond me...

Dystopia omg yes... The Road, 1984, Never Let Me Go - just some of my favourites

Romances... let's not start that list. Wuthering Heights, any Austen, The Notebook...

Other good books i've read recently... The memory keeper's daughter, Room

(that's off the top of my head anyway)

I really liked the Time Traveller's Wife!

I think I'm going to check out 1984, although it seems really short to me.

Andy-
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Im currently re-reading the cherub series. It starts with The Recruit.

Mizki
02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Well I think it's the only book i've managed to finish - it was very good

One Day

Shar
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Read A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini if you haven't read it yet!

Mathew
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm sure you've read them.. but I've read both The Great Gatsby and The Catcher in the Rye over the past few months and both were pretty good.

Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck is also brilliant.

Neversoft
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Norwegian Wood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Wood_%28novel%29), the best novel you will ever read by one of the greatest authors in the world. It is often viewed as a romance novel targeted at men.

Narnat,
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
The Diary of Kitty Langley - It's about a nurse during ww2 and it has a bit of romance between herself and an RAF pilot and it talks a lot about the war ect.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!