PDA

View Full Version : Skilling sucks now

marine
06-04-2011, 12:52 PM
why has everything gone down in price loads, fishing used to be such good money with sharks nearly 1k each, now there like 500-600 i think, all ores have gone down, so have most herbs & runes are worth nothing now making rc 1 of the worst skills.
Anyone know what is going on lol?

Richie
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
It's down to one thing and one thing only. Bots.

IceNineKills
06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
It's mostly because of botters. There still are good ways to make money from skilling, just need the right levels.

Ashley 12344
06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
But, on the other side of the coin, one hell of a lot of items seemed to have lost value, not limited to those involved in skilling. Deflation, basically.

Oleh
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I have looked into the issues surrounding the economy and have a answer.

Botters keep the economy from inflation (they gather the resources so we don't have to, and keep em cheap) if there were no resource gathering bots prices would simply be too high.
but on the other side they also ruin the end product as they make them and rush to sell them so sell for under mid price which in a domino effect, brings the price crashing down.

Thomas
06-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I have looked into the issues surrounding the economy and have a answer.

Botters keep the economy from inflation (they gather the resources so we don't have to, and keep em cheap) if there were no resource gathering bots prices would simply be too high.
but on the other side they also ruin the end product as they make them and rush to sell them so sell for under mid price which in a domino effect, brings the price crashing down.
yes, so we need them but only for some of it :P

:.justben.:
06-04-2011, 06:50 PM
yes i guess bots and merch's *REMOVED* up the ge but still.... its cheaper for us ;P

Edited by Aidenn (Forum Moderator) Please dont avoid the forum filter

Rashelly
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
sharks also decreased because of the introduction of rocktails... you should fish those.

06-04-2011, 08:20 PM
i <3 rocktails they are good and sell alot :) but are of course now botted alot ;(

Banana Pancakes
06-04-2011, 08:49 PM
i <3 rocktails they are good and sell alot :) but are of course now botted alot ;(

You have a thread where you post your botting achievements you *REMOVED*

And you can still make good money skilling, you've just got to do the right thing.

Edited by Aidenn (Forum Moderator) Please do not be rude to other users

Kyle
06-04-2011, 10:54 PM
skills arent everything. we should go to corp again heh

marine
07-04-2011, 03:00 AM
skills arent everything. we should go to corp again hehye I've been wanting too since we did it, it was fun. ;)

Syphon
07-04-2011, 05:37 AM
why has everything gone down in price loads, fishing used to be such good money with sharks nearly 1k each, now there like 500-600 i think, all ores have gone down, so have most herbs & runes are worth nothing now making rc 1 of the worst skills.
Anyone know what is going on lol?

Runecrafting is still profitable o.O -- Air runes = 5gp, Rune essence = 22gp. 10 Profitable past level 50 or something xP.

Maybe the market has just naturally crashed, people can't afford things therefor things are sold for less, which in turn lowers the price etc. Then this over a cirtain ammount of time lowers the overall price by quite a bit.

marine
08-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Runecrafting is still profitable o.O -- Air runes = 5gp, Rune essence = 22gp. 10 Profitable past level 50 or something xP.

Maybe the market has just naturally crashed, people can't afford things therefor things are sold for less, which in turn lowers the price etc. Then this over a cirtain ammount of time lowers the overall price by quite a bit.Yeah Ik it's still profitable but before making nats you could make stupid ammounts of money, now it's not as good.

Thomas
08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
double nats is about 500k an hour which is good but you used to get 1m/hour ohwell :(
arstrals are good money so and deaths and blood runes :)

IceNineKills
08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
RC only gets good at 77+

With the way the market is now there's no point rcing if you're looking for a big profit unless you stick with it until 77. Pure ess keeps going up, then down and so does nats. Double nats is about 400-500k an hour, as stated above but does take weeks to get that level.

10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
You have a thread where you post your botting achievements you *REMOVED*

And you can still make good money skilling, you've just got to do the right thing.

i bot low money not expensive so shh :)

Matthew
10-04-2011, 05:19 PM

so that makes it ok does it? :S

no it doesn't

10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
well considering theres about 100bots at one place doesnt make it bad if theres one more ;)

scott
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
well considering theres about 100bots at one place doesnt make it bad if theres one more ;)

No but if you are complaining about it messing up the market and you're doing it then it's a bit hypocritical to complain about it if you are one of the "100bots" that is doing it.

Eoin247
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
lol

First of all that's over exagerating by a huge amount. Secondly just because there are others doing it, that doesn't justify you doing it.

If 10 kids punch an innocent old man and then one more punches him, does it make the last guy any more in the right just because 10 others did it before him? It probably wont make a difference to the man, one punch more or less. Yet it's just as wrong for the first guy to punch the man as it is for the last guy to punch him.

10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
why punch an old man :( and i hardly bot only when i feel bored

---------- Post added 10-04-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

yews will wlays be botted

DJ-Vimto
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
tbh skilling hardly sucks anymore,

for the first time in a long long time, cooking is now actually profitable again, ok maybe the margins are small, but still...makes slaving over a stove worthwhile :)

Banana Pancakes
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
why punch an old man :( and i hardly bot only when i feel bored

---------- Post added 10-04-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

yews will wlays be botted

Irrelevant. You can't complain about botters reducing prices of materials if you bot yourself.

11-04-2011, 08:25 AM
tbh skilling hardly sucks anymore,

for the first time in a long long time, cooking is now actually profitable again, ok maybe the margins are small, but still...makes slaving over a stove worthwhile :)

i swear cookings been profitable from the start cuz of the sharks ;)

orientalframe?
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Cookings profitable from sharks mostly, though as stated above the margin is small.

SaltNvinigar
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
The GE is defiantly crashing,
I believe it is because of the amount of botters these days,
Runescape is doing something about botting(reseting and sometimes banning) but I believe that is not enough.
Runescape needs to perm ban all new botters and reset or temp ban old botters.
This could bring prices back up abit?

11-04-2011, 09:45 AM
if the prices are down sure thats good for some people...

Matthew
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
if the prices are down sure thats good for some people...

and very bad indeed for others..?

anyway jagex wont ban botters unless they really take the piss with their botting, because of the membership money which botters bring in. Without botters, jagex wouldnt make nearly as much money as it does now, surely?

Kyle
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
bot bot bot bot i h8 bots blabla bots ruin runescape

Change the record. Bots only ruin the game for you if you let them. Why do you care so much if a few resources have gone down in price? There are *plenty* of ways to make money without skilling but it's still worth skilling just for the levels. 70% of this forum bots anyway yet they still complain lol I don't get it.

Rashelly
11-04-2011, 10:08 PM
i kind of agree with kyle... i don't like botting but i don't really care... i just go about my normal stuff.
of course it makes some skills more expensive.

what i hate most about botters is how they justify botting... if you bot, **** no1curr... you're not cool or clever. some people on this forum talk about it way too much.

also... jagex need to pull their finger out

Thomas
12-04-2011, 06:39 AM
i kind of agree with kyle... i don't like botting but i don't really care... i just go about my normal stuff.
of course it makes some skills more expensive.

what i hate most about botters is how they justify botting... if you bot, **** no1curr... you're not cool or clever. some people on this forum talk about it way too much.

also... jagex need to pull their finger out
i stopped :( unless your not talking about me...?

anyway i just do like rashelly said i just carry on doing what i do but things like pure ess and rune ess is cheaper now since of botters so i can't really complain. but on the other hand some things have gone up so its kinda even in a way.

Rashelly
12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
i stopped :( unless your not talking about me...?

anyway i just do like rashelly said i just carry on doing what i do but things like pure ess and rune ess is cheaper now since of botters so i can't really complain. but on the other hand some things have gone up so its kinda even in a way.

Just talking about this community in general. There are people who bot but don't go on about it (like Jake for instance).

and pure ess is expensive now! apparently Jagex changed something in varrock which has slowed down the botters... Anyway the other day I had to pay 150 for ess :o

but yeah, it does generally make some things cheaper... but other things more expensive

IceNineKills
12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Just talking about this community in general. There are people who bot but don't go on about it (like Jake for instance).

and pure ess is expensive now! apparently Jagex changed something in varrock which has slowed down the botters... Anyway the other day I had to pay 150 for ess :o

but yeah, it does generally make some things cheaper... but other things more expensive

I could of sold you some, i got like 600k p ess atm :).

12-04-2011, 03:07 PM
ive actually pretty much stopped :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!