PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Help

Zuth
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey guys! Just need to know:

How do I make it so when a staff member buys donator they dont loose their staff forums or primary user group on the forum leaders page?

+REP! :)

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey guys! Just need to know:

How do I make it so when a staff member buys donator they dont loose their staff forums or primary user group on the forum leaders page?

+REP! :)
#
Most likely using the additional usergroups.

Zuth
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
#
Most likely using the additional usergroups.

But say if the primary was dj, then I cannot have dj for primary swell as secondary?

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
But say if the primary was dj, then I cannot have dj for primary swell as secondary?

Primary: Normal Usergroup (Non staff)

Additional: Staff usergroup

Display Group: The staff group if it has a colour

---

If that doesn't work, then I think you will have to put up with VIP changing the permissions.

Zuth
10-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Primary: Normal Usergroup (Non staff)

Additional: Staff usergroup

Display Group: The staff group if it has a colour

---

If that doesn't work, then I think you will have to put up with VIP changing the permissions.

The normal being VIP?

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
The normal being VIP?

Before they are VIP they could be something like "Gold Member", I'm not sure what usergroups you have for your normal members who aren't staff or VIP.

Mary
10-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I am VIP and Super Moderator on a forum and looking at the options - I can't believe you make your staff pay for VIP though.

http://i.imgur.com/Aomo1.png

tylermunjkt
10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I am VIP and Super Moderator on a forum and looking at the options - I can't believe you make your staff pay for VIP though.

He doesnt make staff pay for VIP.

OT: I Agree with your post Mary :)

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 05:14 PM

If I remember correctly, when the subscription of the VIP expires it would not automatically get rid of the VIP from the user if the VIP is set as an additional user group. I could be wrong though.

Zuth
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Before they are VIP they could be something like "Gold Member", I'm not sure what usergroups you have for your normal members who aren't staff or VIP.

But i need: DJ - Buys Donator - Then he can still see his staff forums, the way it works now is - DJ - Buys Donator - then his staff forums disappear and hes not on the forum leaders page? How can i make it so it works like the first example?

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
But i need: DJ - Buys Donator - Then he can still see his staff forums, the way it works now is - DJ - Buys Donator - then his staff forums disappear and hes not on the forum leaders page? How can i make it so it works like the first example?

Example:

(I don't know what ranking system you have on your forum so I'm using Habboxforum as an example)

The first user group you will be in is "Gold Member" so a group could be created called "Staff - Gold Memeber" (If you wanted that)

That would be set as the "Primary Usergroup"

When you are giving your staff the staff usergroups which then enaables them to see the staff forums, you would go and edit their permissions and tick under "Additional Usergroups" the usergroup you want to put them in so:

Additional Usergroups

TICK BOX > "Radio DJ's"

This way, if anyone buys VIP and has staff permissions they won't disappear as the staff permissions are actually set as the additional usergroup.

Zuth
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Agh right! So bassically make a pointless primary user group like "staff" then the additonal ones would be the ones that actully count?

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Agh right! So bassically make a pointless primary user group like "staff" then the additonal ones would be the ones that actully count?

Yeah that would work. But remember, if you want the staff to have a colour/boldness to stand out from the normal members then that will need to be applied to the pointless/staff usergroups.

I also did this before you replied incase you didn't understand me:

What it would look like before hand: (Forget the registered usergroup as it would be a staff one)
http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/1302523650.png

Then when a paid subscription is added, it will look something like this:

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/1302538123.png

As you can see, the additional user group stayed in place.

Zuth
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
YAYYAYYAY! Your the best Matt! Thanks so much! Sorry for dicking you about abit (Just didn't understand) +Rep!

xxMATTGxx
10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
YAYYAYYAY! Your the best Matt! Thanks so much! Sorry for dicking you about abit (Just didn't understand) +Rep!

No problem, happy to help! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!