PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?

samsaBEAR
10-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey so basically I decided to download Minecraft to see what the hype is about, and after spending the last couple of hours mining, building and crying in fear out of what I can roaming outside at night, I have my house, tools and a little mine next door. What now? Is there any like, end goal to the game, or is it literally just to build cool stuff and survive each night?

Eoin247
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Pretty much just build cool stuff and survive.

However you can download mods that can change the game. There are literaly mods to make the game into anything. There's even an rpg mod. If you go onto www.minecraftwiki.net (http://www.minecraftwiki.net) it has links to some of the best mods. It's also a great resource site.

www.minecraftforum.net (http://www.minecraftforum.net) < also a great place for mods. In fact most of the wiki links to this forum.

Technologic
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
1. build a giant **** and balls
2. death tower
3. skull fortress
4. obsidian gate
5. visit hellworld
6. JUMP TO MULTIPLAYER AND LET YOUR MIND FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

samsaBEAR
11-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Alright thanks guys, also, I keep hearing this weird noise, like a gong or something, what does that mean? It happens twice a day and scares the **** out of me each time

SaltNvinigar
11-04-2011, 06:40 AM
You should build a really mad house? around 20 storeys high, should take you a while :)

Technologic
11-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Alright thanks guys, also, I keep hearing this weird noise, like a gong or something, what does that mean? It happens twice a day and scares the **** out of me each time

sounds generally play when you're near a cavity at least 6x6. caves and stuff etc

FlyingJesus
11-04-2011, 05:34 PM
I play with the sounds off partly so I can play my own music or watch a show or w/e but also partly because some of them make me spack out in terror and I hurt myself but yeah there is no end goal unless you set one for yourself like destroying every non-water block in the world or something. I haven't played single player since like a week after I bought the game, it's far more fun in a community environment for the most part

samsaBEAR
12-04-2011, 01:45 AM
sounds generally play when you're near a cavity at least 6x6. caves and stuff etc
Is that good or bad? Is there more chance of finding cool stuff in caves or are they just easier to get through?

redtom
12-04-2011, 09:52 AM
You tend to find ores easier in caves because you can see if there there instead of just mining randomly, but normally they are full of mobs or lava. I think diamonds have a higher chance of appearing next to lava too.

samsaBEAR
13-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Right so I made a sweet mineshaft in my house and have started digging down, got a ton of iron ore, but I've found this: http://i53.tinypic.com/t70o6g.png, and I can't mine it at all. I'm using an Iron Pick but from what I can see it's not even starting to mine, what the hell is it?

Nemo
13-04-2011, 11:11 AM
that would be bedrock, welcome to the bottom of the world :P Cant mine that.

samsaBEAR
13-04-2011, 11:27 AM
It's in patches though, and sometimes I can dig beneath it, does this just mean I'm getting closer to the bottom?
Edit: Scratch that, no I can't. So there's nothing below me, I just want to find some more shiny gold :(

samsaBEAR
13-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh my god I just fell into a pit of lava and lost all of my stuff. I'm going to cry, is there anyway to get my stuff back?

Thomas
13-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh my god I just fell into a pit of lava and lost all of my stuff. I'm going to cry, is there anyway to get my stuff back?
nope :(

samsaBEAR
13-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I have lost all will to go on. I spent so long mining underground that when I came up to the surface I forgot I hadn't covered my failed attempt at a lava moat around my house :'(
Also apologies for the noob questions haha

Nemo
13-04-2011, 12:10 PM
unless u hack it in, fraid not :P

Near bedrock theres generally only redstone, above that is everything else. Very rarely have i found gold or diamond near bedrock. Then again very rarely have i found diamond :P

samsaBEAR
15-04-2011, 09:43 AM
unless u hack it in, fraid not :P

Near bedrock theres generally only redstone, above that is everything else. Very rarely have i found gold or diamond near bedrock. Then again very rarely have i found diamond :P
I found a ton of diamond and gold near bedrock, but then obviously I fell into the lava :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!