PDA

View Full Version : I Just Brought Minecraft, now I need help!

Marbian
10-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I get on it.. lags like mad, goes dark every bloody second... and it's just annoying. it looks better on videos etc. and how do you make it run faster? my computer is fast.. nothing wrong with it, it should be able to run minecraft.

does putting the settings on easy make the things not come out on dark too?

Trinity
10-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I get on it.. lags like mad, goes dark every bloody second... and it's just annoying. it looks better on videos etc. and how do you make it run faster? my computer is fast.. nothing wrong with it, it should be able to run minecraft.

does putting the settings on easy make the things not come out on dark too?

I don't really understand your problems, I've never heard of it going dark every second before. By 'lag' do you mean actual lag, or just a low FPS? If it's actual lag on multiplayer, it might be a problem with the server. If it's low FPS, change the render distance to tiny/normal, and make sure you don't have the fancy graphics thing on.

Set it to 'peaceful' if you don't want the nasty mobs at night/in the dark.

Marbian
10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
well i didn't have any chance to make anything... and i dont know what im using, i go on minecraft.net click download open it then creat world.. so i guess im using minecrafts server? i seriously have no idea lol. i just downloaded something from the website 'minecraft server' is this anything useful... or is it just to make my own server or something.. if it is, i have no idea how to use that.

Trinity
10-04-2011, 10:07 PM
well i didn't have any chance to make anything... and i dont know what im using, i go on minecraft.net click download open it then creat world.. so i guess im using minecrafts server? i seriously have no idea lol. i just downloaded something from the website 'minecraft server' is this anything useful... or is it just to make my own server or something.. if it is, i have no idea how to use that.

Yeah, that's for making your own server.
Are you saving the minecraft.exe or just opening it when the browser asks? (Like IE used to do, not sure if it still does)
If you're just opening it, try saving it to your desktop or something and running it. Not sure why that would cause problems, but it might help.
Have you tried playing it in your browser? http://www.minecraft.net/game/
Andddd did you try changing the graphics settings like I suggested before?

Marbian
10-04-2011, 10:09 PM
yeah... hmm, do you fancy going on teamviewer to check it all for me? i must be doing something wrong for it to be this bad. i can even get world of warcraft running sexy on here lol.

---------- Post added 10-04-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

I also have another issue. When I'm clicking W, or space, etc... sometimes when i stop clicking it.. it carrys on.. and it's so annoying. should it do that?

---------- Post added 10-04-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

and what is "seed for the world gen" what does it do..

jackass
10-04-2011, 10:24 PM
http://tinyurl.com/62m2hf2

Haha, do you have sticky keys on? And also, the seed is to generate a pre-determined map (two people type in the same seed, it's the same map generated), whereas leaving the box blank generates a random seed, generating a random world.

Marbian
10-04-2011, 10:25 PM
how do you know all the different types of seeds MR Google madness? :p

jackass
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
There's an infinite number of them. For example you can have "BlahWorld#23Earth." or simply "1" or "Tree".

For some good landscapes, try "Glacier" (without the speech marks of course!). :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!