PDA

View Full Version : free (+11 rep)

Judas
14-04-2011, 04:24 PM
hello

this is a new instrumental i made for a new song i wrote called 'free', which i will record soon but first i want this perfected as much as i can really.

http://soundcloud.com/harrybmusic/free-instrumental

thoughts? +rep for useful replies :)

Elegance
14-04-2011, 04:32 PM
i like it :)

can't wait to hear it finished.

Eoin247
14-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I quite like it but I think though that you are overdoing it a bit on that very low base beat (i forget what they call that type of beat). Maybe turn it's ratio down a bit in relation to the other instrumentals in some parts?

Apart from that though it sounds good. Looking forward to hearing the finished song.

Tom
14-04-2011, 04:35 PM
It's good but I think it's a bit too 'electronic'.

Judas
14-04-2011, 04:40 PM
i like it :)

can't wait to hear it finished.

thank you :) anything else you think would make it better?

I quite like it but I think though that you are overdoing it a bit on that very low base beat (i forget what they call that type of beat). Maybe turn it's ratio down a bit in relation to the other instrumentals in some parts?

Apart from that though it sounds good. Looking forward to hearing the finished song.

thank you :) and hmm... i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at. do you mean that the song in general is too bassy, or that the bass part is too prominent/elaborate?

It's good but I think it's a bit too 'electronic'.

that's kind of the point haha, it's the style really... i'm not sure how i would go about improving that as i myself don't see it as a negative, but thanks for the reply :)

Eoin247
14-04-2011, 04:49 PM
thank you :) and hmm... i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at. do you mean that the song in general is too bassy, or that the bass part is too prominent/elaborate?

I think that it's a bit prominent for too much of the song, if you know what i mean. I think that's it's fine to have it for most of the song as long as it's not always the most prominent feature.

Judas
14-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I think that it's a bit prominent for too much of the song, if you know what i mean. I think that's it's fine to have it for most of the song as long as it's not always the most prominent feature.

it does drop out from 2:49 - 3:26

Suspective
14-04-2011, 06:11 PM
The song starts brilliantly and really hooks you in. You've also done pretty well, to manage to produce 4mins worth. I really like the 'electro' feel and it feels really modern, which is always good. You've obviously worked hard on it Harry, and its paid off.

Good luck with it! :D

Con
14-04-2011, 06:18 PM
made my neck like start twinging idk y :L
It sounds quite good though like I love the progressing beats and things,wish I could be more technical to help out but it sounds really good again like your other stuff :)
Sounds a bit like GaGa's Government Hooker to start with or just reminded me of that.

But anyway, good luck with it :) Can't wait to hear final piece!

Matthew
14-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I quite like it, and electronic isn't normally my thing.. :P

Well done, I'd love to hear it finished also! :D

Judas
14-04-2011, 10:51 PM
The song starts brilliantly and really hooks you in. You've also done pretty well, to manage to produce 4mins worth. I really like the 'electro' feel and it feels really modern, which is always good. You've obviously worked hard on it Harry, and its paid off.

Good luck with it! :D

wooo that was my aim so glad you said that haha :) thank you very much jordan darlinggg love you xxx

made my neck like start twinging idk y :L
It sounds quite good though like I love the progressing beats and things,wish I could be more technical to help out but it sounds really good again like your other stuff :)
Sounds a bit like GaGa's Government Hooker to start with or just reminded me of that.

But anyway, good luck with it :) Can't wait to hear final piece!

i hope the neck twinging was for good reasons lol? :L and yeah the bass part was kind of inspired by government hooker in a way, so i'm glad that came off :) thank youuu :D

I quite like it, and electronic isn't normally my thing.. :P

Well done, I'd love to hear it finished also! :D

thank you very much :)

RockyHorror
14-04-2011, 11:06 PM
It's really good, did you have any influences? I especially like 2:50 - 3:30.

EmMaMaClEoD
14-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I think that if you keep that song then when you get older or maybe now, that you can get that like alot of fame and money. Honestly if that was in concert i would come see it ;]

iJoe
15-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Sounds really good (:

I agree the bass is a bit too much in parts but is very good overall (:

Love the drums at the end :p

Judas
15-04-2011, 11:41 PM
It's really good, did you have any influences? I especially like 2:50 - 3:30.

thank you! and yes, lady gaga's government hooker inspired the bass which was pretty much the basis (lol) for the song :)

I think that if you keep that song then when you get older or maybe now, that you can get that like alot of fame and money. Honestly if that was in concert i would come see it ;]

aw that's so kind thank you :) though i'm not in it for the fame and money ;D

Sounds really good (:

I agree the bass is a bit too much in parts but is very good overall (:

Love the drums at the end :p

haha thanks! i am gonna have a look to see if i can maybe tone down it down a bit, but i do like it how it is right now, so i probably won't end up changing it much if at all :P

:.justben.:
15-04-2011, 11:56 PM
i love the bit were it goes a bit more silent over all that amazing :)

Judas
16-04-2011, 12:03 AM
haha thank you! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!