PDA

View Full Version : "Open World" Games [PS3]

AgnesIO
16-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey,

Was just looking for a bit of help.

I am looking to get a few new games that are based on 'Open Worlds' - so they are not limited to having to do missions that follows the exact same route without any choice, and I would like a much wider space to explore.

Like GTA has this, DRIVER has this, Red Dead Redemption has this.

Basically looking for games with places to explore, but are still great fun.

Any recommendations?

Stephen
16-04-2011, 11:08 PM
fallout new vegas?

AgnesIO
16-04-2011, 11:18 PM
fallout new vegas?

Thanks. My concern withb this is the vast amount of reviews saying how buggy it is, and how often it freezes.

What sort of things can you do in the game?

Johno
16-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks. My concern withb this is the vast amount of reviews saying how buggy it is, and how often it freezes.

What sort of things can you do in the game?

Only experienced it crashing once or twice on the 360. You basically explore the land, completing missions that are essential to the story and then side missions that don't really matter. You form an alliance with a group and basically take over. Quite open ended :)

dbgtz
17-04-2011, 08:12 AM
infamous has this I think? I don't play it but im sure its a sandbox game.

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I have Red Dead Redemption on order, as it has superb ratings et. Do you guys think it is worth getting - I am looking to get two more Open World games, and if i get RDR I will only get one.

Thoughts?

Only experienced it crashing once or twice on the 360. You basically explore the land, completing missions that are essential to the story and then side missions that don't really matter. You form an alliance with a group and basically take over. Quite open ended :)

Hmm it does sound tempting! Will look in to it more :)

Just looked at some reviews/gameplay of it and it does. Looks like a good game, although never too sure on the overly futuristic style. Will look in to it.

Matthew
17-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I recommend fallout new vegas as well. Its a really big game, there's hours and hours of gameplay; you can complete the game twice and still have not done all of the quests in the game (siding with different people can affect the missions which you do/can't do).

I only experienced one or two crashes as well :)

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I recommend fallout new vegas as well. Its a really big game, there's hours and hours of gameplay; you can complete the game twice and still have not done all of the quests in the game (siding with different people can affect the missions which you do/can't do).

I only experienced one or two crashes as well :)

What console did you play it on? PS3?

Will probably get Fallout then!

COnsidering cancelling RDR and getting inFamous..

Johno
17-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I really enjoyed RDR (although I was only able to play through it once - there is quite a bit of DLC for it too!), inFamous and Fallout. All really good games, inFamous 2 looks really good and I reckon it would be nice to have played the first one before the 2nd one :)

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I really enjoyed RDR (although I was only able to play through it once - there is quite a bit of DLC for it too!), inFamous and Fallout. All really good games, inFamous 2 looks really good and I reckon it would be nice to have played the first one before the 2nd one :)

Awesome - thanks for this. inFamous 2 - I saw that, and it does also look good, so inFamous is probably first for my choice now! Will +Rep everyone in this thread!

Right, I can only realistically get two for now, since I am not spending any money - just using up vouchers. I would get all three, but due to going to Namibia in July, I don't want to spend any of my actual money on games.

- Red Dead Redemption
- inFamous
- Fallout New Vegas

Which two should I choose?

Thanks

---------- Post added 17-04-2011 at 12:16 PM ----------

Cannot rep until the 21st :(

Matthew
17-04-2011, 11:22 AM
What console did you play it on? PS3?

Will probably get Fallout then!

COnsidering cancelling RDR and getting inFamous..

I played it on the xbox, but I have a lot of friends who have it on the PS3 and they've had no complaints!

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I played it on the xbox, but I have a lot of friends who have it on the PS3 and they've had no complaints!

Wish I didn't rep you now.

Need to -rep you for making the decision so hard :L

Matthew
17-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Wish I didn't rep you now.

Need to -rep you for making the decision so hard :L

No problem :L

And just to throw it in there, the 3 games above are all good, but I personally would choose Red Dead and Fallout :)

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 11:30 AM
No problem :L

And just to throw it in there, the 3 games above are all good, but I personally would choose Red Dead and Fallout :)

I looked at fallout ages back, but the trailer they showed at E3 confused me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1emphGk1Z4 - what is that weird vehicle thing they show for the first 50 seconds?

Cheers :)

Matthew
17-04-2011, 11:35 AM
I looked at fallout ages back, but the trailer they showed at E3 confused me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1emphGk1Z4 - what is that weird vehicle thing they show for the first 50 seconds?

Cheers :)

Do you mean the levitating robot thing?

Thats a robot called ED-E, I think.
It can be used a companion during the game, and it gives you an extra perk and more power in battle, basically. You can have 2 companions at one time :)

Johno
17-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I would probably say Fallout and RDR. You'll be able to pick up inFamous cheap anyway, so you can get it later :)

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I would probably say Fallout and RDR. You'll be able to pick up inFamous cheap anyway, so you can get it later :)

Fallout and inFamous are both the same price :)

Will get RDR and Fallout then!

What sort of things do you do on the sidequests on Fallout?

Matthew
17-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Fallout and inFamous are both the same price :)

Will get RDR and Fallout then!

What sort of things do you do on the sidequests on Fallout?

All sorts!
There's quests to gain reputation with certain factions, quests to gain the trust of possible companions so that they'll go with you, quests to go to new parts of the map..

Its a really fun game.

If you do every quest (you'll have to play the game a few times through to do them all), then there's hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Technologic
17-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY.

It's hunourmous

AgnesIO
17-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY.

It's hunourmous

Do you mean 'enormous' as in huge?

Nemo
17-04-2011, 03:51 PM
RDR was one of the best games ive played. If u dont get that ill shoot you in the foot.

Just Cause 2 is a fantastic open world/sandbox game. Like GTA but with a bit more fun added to it.

Technologic
17-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Do you mean 'enormous' as in huge?

Portmanteau of huge and enormous....

Also, yeah. Get Just Cause 2.

Stephen
17-04-2011, 04:15 PM
fallout is really fun. You can rush through the game and finish it quite fast but with the different side missions etc it makes the game much more enjoyable and longer. Made me really want to play it but I thought I lost my save. I was almost close to finishing then I just looked and found my save backed up woo

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Gone for:

Fallout New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV (already got on PC, but not the expansions - same price to get the complete edition on PS3, as it was just to get the two expansions on PC..)
£6 to spare - will get inFamous eventually.

Andy-
18-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Tony Hawk Games.

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Tony Hawk Games.

RDR was one of the best games ive played. If u dont get that ill shoot you in the foot.

Just Cause 2 is a fantastic open world/sandbox game. Like GTA but with a bit more fun added to it.

Omg Just Cause 2 does look awesome.. :P

£12.. steal :P

Johno
18-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Totally forgot about Just Cause 2, absolutely fantastic! :)

Ashley 12344
18-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Just Cause 2, I didn't mind it. Although I paid £40 and traded it in fairly quickly, certainly wasn't worth that. The grappling is a good idea, quite fun, but too overpowered. And it felt like the whole game was centered around a fair idea.

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Just Cause 2, I didn't mind it. Although I paid £40 and traded it in fairly quickly, certainly wasn't worth that. The grappling is a good idea, quite fun, but too overpowered. And it felt like the whole game was centered around a fair idea.

Personally, I don't think any game is worth over £30 but you know!

I will get Just Cause for £12 - £6 will be vouchers.

Totally forgot about Just Cause 2, absolutely fantastic! :)

Ah brilliant :D Will get that as well - I can afford the £6 :P

matt$
18-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I found with just cause that you end up driving for too long cause the world is just too big and it annoys me when you run out of weapons etc too much effort tbh.

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I found with just cause that you end up driving for too long cause the world is just too big and it annoys me when you run out of weapons etc too much effort tbh.

That is what I want :P A world with loads of space to drive in. How many buildings can you get in to?

matt$
18-04-2011, 09:27 PM
That is what I want :P A world with loads of space to drive in. How many buildings can you get in to?

I find most of it is a bit bare though thats the only problem, but you can get into a few. If it was like based in a massive city and was that size then it'd be brilliant.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!