PDA

View Full Version : The Super Rare Disaster.

HolyWar
15-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm sure alot of you will remember when the Super Rares were "accidentally" released into the catalogue. Did any of you manage to buy any of them when they were available?

It's obvious it wasn't an accident and there was a motive behind that.

How is a DJ deck worth 15 thrones a benefit to Sulake? They don't sell them and they don't make any money off them in any scheme of things. The throne actually does make them money because people need to buy credits to amass a large amount of scattered rares or Habbo club sofas to be able to get their hands on a throne. New users will not spend money on rares if the coolest ones are impossible to get, so when a rares value is too high it isn't any benefit to them.

I didn't personally witness supers in the catalogue myself but I would like to hear of anyone who did manage to buy one or a few of the supers for an extremely low price.

Wayne
15-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I was at my friends at the time, and he had some creds, so he bought a throne, a dino egg, and a golden trophy.

I agree with what you say aswell ;)

Craig
15-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Nice Post.But Perhaps the user buys more and more hc so they can get supers. Perhaps if they let people buy 500 creds at a time and let supers go for that or so ;)

HolyWar
15-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Nice Post.But Perhaps the user buys more and more hc so they can get supers. Perhaps if they let people buy 500 creds at a time and let supers go for that or so ;)

I see what you're saying but in reality with a DJ deck at 16 thrones or even close to it you would need to spend thousands to get one. How many people are going to spend thousands just for 1 piece of furniture? I know some people will in fact spend that money but if the price is lower and these items are more attainable then they will attract more users into spending on credits.

I think the concept works kind of like * Make the rares hard to get, but not too hard, because when they are too hard to obtain, people begin to lose interest in them. *

NekkLe
15-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm sure alot of you will remember when the Super Rares were "accidentally" released into the catalogue. Did any of you manage to buy any of them when they were available?

It's obvious it wasn't an accident and there was a motive behind that.

How is a DJ deck worth 15 thrones a benefit to Sulake? They don't sell them and they don't make any money off them in any scheme of things. The throne actually does make them money because people need to buy credits to amass a large amount of scattered rares or Habbo club sofas to be able to get their hands on a throne. New users will not spend money on rares if the coolest ones are impossible to get, so when a rares value is too high it isn't any benefit to them.

I didn't personally witness supers in the catalogue myself but I would like to hear of anyone who did manage to buy one or a few of the supers for an extremely low price.

I don't think many people were able to buy alot of the supers when the 'accident' occured. The time gap was short and I think lag resulted in a failiure to purchase them.

Some Supers are harder to get a hold of now because of the high price. Many 'rich' Habbos that have been on Habbo since it started benefitted from the Throne as it was very cheap back then. They can purchase Supers easier. However, new Habbos spend a certain amount of money that will make people laugh, Supers are harder to consume for newer Habbos. Therefore, I think they should stay this way. I would like to be in the posistion of some wealthy people but bad enough I joined the game as the Thrones were increasing in value, supers were put into circulation, as a n00b back then I had no idea to what was happening and finally results with me having a fortune of about 3 Thrones and rising.

Lifes hard aswell as Habbo for some who want to be in a posistion of wealth :P

:Hazel
17-08-2005, 09:44 PM
That mistake killed supers big time. However I think some must have bought dinos and trophies there are so many about now and they were just 1 credit each. There are even more about now because they have been given away in competitions etc. but at the time just after the blunder happened it was noticable that there were loads more dinos and trophies, they were being traded about like thrones. Yet again well done habbo, another classic mistake. ;)

Sameo
18-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Hmm. Why I don't understand that you complain about the value being too high... Habbo aren't the ones that set the value so high, rich people payed that much to get them so often that it became a value on habbox.com.

Triarch
20-08-2005, 03:25 AM
What Sameo said was true. And I remember when there were only like 10+ Dinos and When thrones were worth under an hc :P The year 2000, Good times...

Surname
20-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Habbo started in 2001... Rofl.

HolyWar
20-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Hmm. Why I don't understand that you complain about the value being too high... Habbo aren't the ones that set the value so high, rich people payed that much to get them so often that it became a value on habbox.com.

I don't complain about it. I posessed lots of supers myself but my point is that when a super rares value is too high it doesn't have any benefit to Sulake on a financial level. If the item is too hard to obtain then that item is only of use to veteran, experienced, rich users. They need to appeal to the majority of users and having rares that only the few selected rich people own is not of any benefit to the other 95% of people in the hotel. Sure, there is always a bigger goal for a rare trader and that is the get the rarest item in the game. When the DJ deck is released which is amongst broad speculation they will make alot more money off it just based on the fact is was once a super rare and people will buy it with the misconception that it still is a super rare even though it will be reduced to junk once it hits the catalogue.

And in a technical way of looking at it, Habbo does set the value because they determine the quantity of a certain item in circulation therefore setting the rarity of the item without an actual figure of value. We come into play with determining the actual figure of what the item is worth. It's illogical to say that if Staff give out 200 thrones tommorow the value would remain the same because it wouldn't. Giving out 200 thrones would only cause the value to depreciate..

Scriptermone
20-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I managed to get a rare silver :D
But then I got hacked :(
and they stole my throne and all my rares :(

Triarch
21-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Look buddy, Habbo started in 1999, Maybe you started and 2001, that doesn't mean Habbo started in 2001.

HolyWar
21-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Look buddy, Habbo started in 1999, Maybe you started and 2001, that doesn't mean Habbo started in 2001.

Who said anything about 2001? Also, back in the day when thrones were given out they were traded for very small amounts and not too many people got rich off the thrones being given out because they weren't worth what they are today. People didn't collect them for years knowing that they would be one of the most desired items in the game. They were traded for stupid things like mode bars and only over time people realized that the throne was consistenly rising in value compared to all of the other rares.

BOGD4N
21-08-2005, 02:16 AM
mods taken the supers away and gave bak the creds.

Steven
21-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Habbo hotel was founded in 2001.
That's a fact.

HolyWar
21-08-2005, 02:28 AM
mods taken the supers away and gave bak the creds.

It did impact the market so I assume they didn't get back all of them. I wasn't playing on UK at that time so I'm not all that familiar with the whole scenario.

Surname
21-08-2005, 09:48 AM
What kind of an idiotic person are you?
Maybe you were on the Finland hotel in 1999, but Habbo UK started in 2001.
So... \\//\\//hatever //\\//\\inger, lol.

DJ-COLLINS!
21-08-2005, 09:49 AM
i got a dino and a few thrones

Triarch
21-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I started when Habbo.co.uk was habbo.com was long before that. >;S

Surname
21-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I started when Habbo.co.uk was habbo.com was long before that. >;S
You said you started Habbo in 1999. However, the first Hotel (Being the Finland Hotel) started in August 2000. So what you are telling me is just physically impossible.

Proof: Go to the habbox homepage, click Habbo Content, followed by Habbo Knowledge and then click the link "Current Hotels are new ones set to release".

Case closed. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!